left channel on amp blown - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-27-2013, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought a refurbished Fockford Fosgate T600-4 about a year ago. Polk Audio MM6501's for front and I bridged channel 3,4 for MM1040 sub. So about 6 months ago I get a ground whine in the left channel. Everything was fine until then. Now about 3 months later the left channel is pretty much gone.

I ran a dummy RCA cable to check each channel and its definately the amp's left channel.

The amp only had a 90 day warranty so I was gonna try to get it repaired thru RF.(on my dime im sure) But I wanted to ask if just based on the info I gave if you think it was a bad amp or something to do with the install. I mean its got to be a bum amp right? if its only the left channel and for 6 months I had no problems. Thats what im thinking anyway, but i dont want to swap it out with a good amp and burn that one too.

Not sure if i need to rip out my rca's or not either.

what do yall think

Edit: Ok so i borrowed an amp and slapped it in and everything works good. So its got to be the amp and that means i gotta buy an amp. poop.

Do What?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-04-2013, 06:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
It's a bad amp. Look at mb quart or something on car audio classifieds. 4channels are cheap used. Rockford is a too expensive for what you need.
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page