Installing Subwoofers in 2003 Saab 93 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-28-2013, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have two Kicker compvr10's that i am trying to put into my Saab 93. The car came stock with 13 speakers, and 2 amps. ive been reading on Saab specialty forums, but could not find any help with my issues. To start out i plan on keeping the stock head unit, its just too complicated to put in an aftermarket on these cars. from what i read it is possible to get power to the amp, from the fuse box in the trunk, same with the remote on/off wire. i was able to get power to my amp, not sure if it was safe as i ran the power and the remote wire from the fuse spot for towing, as i never plan on using this car for towing. My issue now is getting the signal to the amp, i was reading that you can just tap into the 6x9 speakers that are in the back, i was thinking i can take a cord that is auxilary on one end, and the red white out-puts on the other, then i could just take the auxiliary jack off and splice them into the wires going to the 6x9's.
I wondering if i could get some feedback, as far as i know this should work, but was hopping if i could get some feedback on batter ways to do this. I don't want to have to run a power cord from the engine, ive done that on other cars, and i end up messing with the interior too much.
thanx, any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-29-2013, 02:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
What amp are you adding to the trunk? And what is the wire gauge and fuse rating of the tow wire?

Tim
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav