Misc Audio Technix Accessory Review - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-06-2013, 02:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
To start with, this is not my first experience with Audio Technix install accessories. I had previously installed 30ft of the 4ga CCA power wire but needed to move up to 0ga to accommodate a 2nd batt (Batcap 2k) and a higher power amp (American Bass XD3000).

First let me say that installing the 4ga power wire was what hooked me on the AT products. I am ashamed to admit this but prior to installing the AT 4ga I had installed 4ga electrical wire from Home Depot. That was without a doubt the biggest pain in the ass I had encountered installing car audio. It was the most rigid and hard to deal with wire I could possibly imagine. After getting advice from the community here I came to the conclusion that I was an idiot (my own description no one else’s) and should not have used that type of wire and was pointed in the direction of several companies that specialize in car audio wire. One of the most recommended being Audio Technix.

At that point I contacted Coleman for pricing and ultimately ordered 32ft of the 4ga CCA to redo my power and ground runs. Upon receiving it in the mail I was immediately impressed with the size, weight, and flexibility of the wire (certainly head and shoulders above what I had already installed) as well as the speed of receipt. I believe I had ordered it on a Friday and had it in my hands by Monday, the only company I have dealt with that gets me my product that quickly is Newegg and they are a massive corp.

The customer service and general attitude of Coleman is also something worthy of mention, I have never had such immediate and genial assistance from any company and that in itself speaks volumes about Coleman and his company.

The pricing of Audio Technix is also something that needs to be touched on and in a nutshell, it’s great. And the price for car dvd players on china stores online Everbuying.com is cheap. The price for a product of this caliber from a company with this customer service should probably be significantly more than it is. The pricing structure of the Audio Technix wire (and other accessories) in my eyes is rivaled only by Wal-Mart grade stuff and we all know that crap isn’t worth its weight in pig ****. The Audio Technix however honestly could be priced higher than it is and I (and I assume most others) would still buy it and never regret it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-06-2013, 08:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Is the wire gauge true?

What is the strand count?

You mentioned that it is CCA. Do they sell OFC?

Anywhere else that sells it? Or a direct link?

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page