infinity subwoofer possible back fire? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-01-2013, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I Have a infinity subwoofer in the boot of my new car that was installed by a workshop I bought from that also installed the infinity speakers.

Last night I was driving to work and suddenly I heard this loud "pop", like a balloon popped. But I noticed my rear view window shattered into pieces but was still intact cause of the plastic film that glass windows have.

I'm thinking that it could have been because of the subwoofer. But I'm not sure. Is it even possible for the subwoofer to some how back fire. I wasn't even listening to music. My radio was completely off. Anyway the insurance company is looking after it now. Do u think the subwoofer has something to do with this so I take the car back to the guy who installed it to take a look at it. The subwoofer control light inside the car is still on which could mean the sub is still working. But I'm not sure as I haven't tried using the sub to see if it's still working or not. I did have problems with the amp before this happen. The sub woofer switch control in the car kept turning off resulting the sub not to work. and I took it back to the audio store several times for them to check it out but couldn't find any problems untill the last time they found the amp wasn't working so they replaced it and it was working fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-02-2013, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
To break a window of an automobile the subwoofer would have to A: physically strike the window. To have this happen, means the subwoofer would be setting in the cabin of your vehicle and you have either started a full roll, or come to a very fast stop andthe woofer has struck your window.

Or

B: you have enough sub woofers/power to hit the resonance of the window frame that would cause the frame to flex and break the window.

Now, the installer may have done something and caused the window to beput in some kind of stress and a bump or jarring motion could have caused the break. Or a faulty window. or something struck your window. Have you made enemies? Noticed ninja lurking about? ticked off a spouse or girlfriend?

Anyway, i highly doubt a subwoofer that is not even on is going to break a window. They just cant produce enough pressure in a vehicle to do so.
Prince Hovsep likes this.

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page