much better speakers for Jensen head unit ??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-30-2013, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys...

I just bought a new Nissan March (here in Mexico), which is a small car similar to the Nissan Micra.
The car came directly from fabric with a Jensen audio system, which I know is mediocre, so I want much better speakers.

The thing is, I have a pretty awesome controls with the wheel, volume, skipping tracks, and much more, and I don't wanna mess with that. So I want to change the jensen speakers only with quality and much better speakers to somehow compensate the lack of a better head unit.

Of course not only the main speakers but twitters and a quality sobwoofer as well.

my budget is around $400.00 so that would be my limit of course hehe...

PS: if all its available in amazon, much better for me.

thank you so much in advance guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-26-2013, 11:17 PM

As for a sub I'd go with kicker, they have affordable models in you price range, speakers I'd look into kicker as well, good compromise between quality and cost. All of the kicker brand can be found on amazon as well.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-26-2013, 11:17 PM

As for a sub I'd go with kicker, they have affordable models in you price range, speakers I'd look into kicker as well, good compromise between quality and cost. All of the kicker brand can be found on amazon as well.
post #4 of 5 Old 11-08-2013, 05:32 PM

Infinity reference are great speakers for stock headunits or lower powered amps due to their higher efficiency. They can be had for a good price on amazon as well. It will be hard to get an amp, sub, and speakers for your $400 budget, but you should be able to do it if you look around.

I've always been a big fan of JL Audio, and they make a sub, box, and amp combo for their entry-level WX series. If there is a car audio store around you, I would go and listen to a few different subs so you can find one you like. For an entry level system, anything from the major brands will be better than your stock system.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-13-2013, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Can't go wrong with Infinity. Take a good look at what speakers you have and what size. In my case the front speakers are 6.5" mid bass that I will keep and just replace the rears. If you get only 1 pair of speakers you will have more funds for a good sub.

For a Sub I listened to an amazing JL dual 8" ported box last night at a car audio store. If your into music and not Boom-Boom these will impress you too. (will eat up your entire budget though, sorry). I've got dual 12s in my Home Theater and don't need anything that big in my car, smile.gif There are some single 8" with built in amp in a Low Profile box that slides under a seat (maybe not a car though, IDK) for ~$200 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_42488_NVX-QBUS8.html I'm not recommending this sub just pointing out what's out there.

You may be able to build your own Dual 8" sub w/400-700W amp for ~$300 but that's Really scrimping and getting stuff on sale/closeout. Single 10" probably easier to put together.

Edit: Wiring!!! The Power cable, fuse block, ground wire, signal wires for the sub will cost $$$ even if you do it yourself. Smaller sub amp not so much but you will need at least 4AWG Copper wire.

Best of luck!
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page