Best way to run a 4 channel amplifier - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-18-2013, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I have a '03 GMC sierra which has a sony head unit (35 WRMS per channel) powering a pair of Polk DB 6.5's and a pair of Polk DXI 4X6 on top of that I have a pair of Polk DB 12 sub woofers in a sealed box undernieth my rear seat being powered by a Rockford Fosgate RX500-1D Prime with a birth sheet of 630 Watts RMS at 14v. 

I know how to wire all the things together and just don't know what is the best way to wire a 4 channel amplifier into my current system. I have space on the sub woofer box for another amp but i really don't want to do that since it would most likely not be a class D amp and would get hot and possibly burn a passengers leg.

Is there a way to run power to the front speakers without having to rewire the current/run more wire from the rear of the truck to the front? 

Thanks in advanced!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-21-2013, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
mount the new amp under the dash maybe? Easier to tie the wiring in.

No matter what, you will have to add in new wire to tie in the four channel amp. I suggest using the 3M connectors that splices into the factory speaker wires. Should be easy to just disconnect the head unit speaker wires and access that way.

There are a lot of new class D full range amps that can be found very reasonably on cost. They are small and don't get hot as bad as a class AB.

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page