3.5mm A/B splitter - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-16-2013, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 93
I have a 3.5mm aux jack in my car that I currently use for an MP3 player. I'd also like to be able to use the jack for a Sirius XM unit. To avoid having to plug and unplug each device as I use the other, I thought I'd grab a cheap splitter or switch in order to keep them both plugged in full time. Because of price, I was hoping one of these or these would work, but was told those are really for splitting a single outgoing signal into two (like one MP3 signal into 2 sets of headphones). I was told plugging two devices into one outgoing signal could damage my system. If I only intend to use one device at a time, is there any problem with one of these products?

Or is something like this what I really need? Anything cheaper than $30 out there? If not, I might just manually switch plugs as needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-17-2013, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
I wouldn't use a splitter unless it had a switch. Are you sure your radio does not have a Sattelite radio connection port in back? If so you just plug a tuner in there and it stays hidden inside the dash but that kind of Sat receiver is different than others. It is made to be controlled by the radio.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-17-2013, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 93
The factory radio is sat ready but I need to buy a tuner from Mazda for several hundred dollars to make it operational. The aux jack is my best bet and it sounds like an A/B switch is preferred over a splitter. I think if I have to go through the trouble of flipping the switch when I want to change devices, I might as well just quickly swap the plugs.
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page