What sub do I use - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-26-2013, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got a Chevy crew cab. I purchased an enclosure to go under back bench seat. I purchased 2 10" Mojo's to go under each side of bench seat. After 1 day of waiting for install. The audio shop could not get the right enclosure for under bench seat.

This is what they gave me. They upgraded to JL 10" enclosure and placed behind my back bench seat. They are saying that the upgrade to JL will be as good as the 2 Mojo speakers under bench seat.

I am using a JL 500 watt mono amp and replaced all 4 speakers in cab of truck with Memphis products. I am very happy with the setup. Just don't exactly know which would have been better....2 subs over 1 good sub

Help? Suggestions and thoughts are welcome!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-26-2013, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 54
What are the two different models? And sizes?

Here is the thing. Bass in a vehicle is easy thanks to cabin gain. An enclosure for two subs vs the one for the single May have been undersized for the subs and you would have gotten lesser performance out of the two subs than the single sub in a properly designed enclosure. This of course is speculation. Two subs will generally get a bit louder than a single sub of the same size and on the same total power. Other than that... Again it's speculation.

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
post #3 of 3 Old 12-30-2013, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by RerryToop View Post

I am very happy with the setup. Just don't exactly know which would have been better....2 subs over 1 good sub

Help? Suggestions and thoughts are welcome!!

If you are happy with the setup, then that is all that really matters in the end. I am not sure what you are really asking here. Are you looking for more bass? Did you have your heart set on having 2 subs? Do you want confirmation that you were really "upgraded" with the JL sub? Cubdenno makes many good points and more information is needed to be able to give more meaningful advice. I too would like to know the model numbers of the Mojo's you had and the JL sub you were "upgraded" with. I have run a few JL's in the past and love them. They are a great sub. But they are getting to be very pricey. I am currently running a pair of Memphis Power Reference 12inchers and I have been very happy. I would love to "upgrade" (sorry, couldn't resist) to the Mojo's if I could retain or improve on the sound I already have. So more information would be helpful and appreciated.

"Harry feels guilt pangs, but Ronnie The Bear could give a @#$!."

Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page