Wiring Help with Pioneer X1500DVD and Scion TC - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-15-2014, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So I've recently removed an old aftermarket stereo from the previous owner and installed a new one...pioneer x1500dvd. I have a few questions

1. Where does the blue/white wire on the pioneer harness connect to? I actually used a relay to bypass the brake and connected it to pin 85...DOes that go out to the blue wire on the metra harness (there is no blue/white wire)?

2. Can I splice in a ground wire to an existing ground wire that already has another ground spliced in? There is a random black wire which I have no idea where its from, but I figured I should ground it.

3. I have a left over cable. I have no idea what it is. I have connected the subs, front and rear speakers. What could it be to? It looks like it was cut and fitted with a speaker connector.

4. There is an old Pac steering wheel control. I disconnected the harness to it and removed the box, but there are several red and black wires still left. Can I just leave them be?

Any electical audio engineers wanna help me out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-16-2014, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter

Anyone there?
post #3 of 5 Old 01-16-2014, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selvos View Post

So I've recently removed an old aftermarket stereo from the previous owner and installed a new one...pioneer x1500dvd. I have a few questions

1. Where does the blue/white wire on the pioneer harness connect to? I actually used a relay to bypass the brake and connected it to pin 85...DOes that go out to the blue wire on the metra harness (there is no blue/white wire)?
The blue white wire is the external amplifier remote turn on/power antenna lead
2. Can I splice in a ground wire to an existing ground wire that already has another ground spliced in? There is a random black wire which I have no idea where its from, but I figured I should ground it.
I suppose. I try to keep all grounds together to avoid/reduce noise3.
I have a left over cable. I have no idea what it is. I have connected the subs, front and rear speakers. What could it be to? It looks like it was cut and fitted with a speaker connector.
No clue. I looked at the manual and am not sure what you are referencing
4. There is an old Pac steering wheel control. I disconnected the harness to it and removed the box, but there are several red and black wires still left. Can I just leave them be?
Make sure they are not bare. tape them up to make sure they can't short on something. You know, just in case.
Any electical audio engineers wanna help me out?

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
post #4 of 5 Old 01-16-2014, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubdenno View Post

Thanks. So does the blue/white wire connect to the blue wire on the metra harness? That's how I have it connected (through the relay though) and my amp won't turn on. I took it off the relay and it still didn't work.

Also there's a strange whirring/whining sound coming from somewhere under the hood, (somewhere near/behind the engine? hard to tell), not the alternator or battery. This happens when the ignition is ACC position.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-16-2014, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selvos View Post

Thanks. So does the blue/white wire connect to the blue wire on the metra harness? That's how I have it connected (through the relay though) and my amp won't turn on. I took it off the relay and it still didn't work.

Also there's a strange whirring/whining sound coming from somewhere under the hood, (somewhere near/behind the engine? hard to tell), not the alternator or battery. This happens when the ignition is ACC position.

I have no idea if it connects to the metra harness. and from their where it would connect. Since you ran an RCA cable, I would get some simple 18 gauge hook up wire and buttsplice the blue/white cable to the hook up wire and run the length needed to the remote turn on of the amp. Before you reinstall the headunit verify that the amplifier turns on. music etc...

Sounds like a fan? It would be something electrically powered. verify that all HVAC controls are off. If it is still occuring, it may be an electric oil pump/fuelpump/ water pump. I have no way of knowing because I don't know the vehicle you did this in, and what type of work you did installing this head unit with the video by-pass you didor the connections you made. Basically its impossible for be to diagnose a noise and wouldn't begin to try.

if it wasn't there before, disconnect the harness from the headunit is it still there? maybe you should take the vehicle to a mechanic to see. Again, no way of knowing.

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page