pioneer avh-x5600bhs or the new AVH4000NEX - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-29-2014, 04:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking for my first double din car stereo and have leaned towards Pioneer. I have been a long time Aloine user but I feel their new stuff is getting cheaper and cheaper. I have read of a lot of great reviews about Pioneer stereos so I have come up with two models. I mainly listen to Pandora and itunes on my iphone5. I never listen to the tuner. I currently run 3 amps in my truck hooked up to a pair of BA components, BA rear 6x9s and a pair of 12" BA subs.

To me, the most important things I pay attention to when shopping for a DD are ease of use, brightness and clarity of the screen, sound quality. Can anyone here offer me some personal feedback on either of the units I mentioned?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-14-2014, 02:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ancient thread revival but -- I picked up an AVH-4000NEX for my 2007 Toyota Prius. It's an excellent deck. The screen does bleach out a little in direct sunlight, but it is still readable/usable. The 13-band EQ is awesome, the various functions are all quite nice (though the phone mirror stuff is useless with my Windows Phone). Since I own a Nokia Lumia 1520 with a 6" screen, I didn't feel motivated to pick up the AVIC-5000NEX (or 6000, 7000 or 8000).

The ability to play DVDs is novel, the SD Card slot will be handy for both firmware updates and for carrying a large library of music for when the HD Radio and/or SiriusXM aren't working for me and I don't feel like streaming audio from my cell.

Sound quality -- That one is an easy/strong recommendation from me. This deck took my car's OEM JBL sound system and made it shine (especially in combination with my JL Audio 10W1 (original from 20+ years ago) sub -- driven by an equally-old Alpine Class AB amp from when they were built in Japan).

Hopefully this helps you or someone else who's looking at this deck.
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav
Gear in this thread - avh-x5600bhs by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page