Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-02-2014, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Need help with choosing subs and amp for truck

I have a 2010 Silverado Crew Cab

I want RF Punch subs and amp under backseat of my truck. Probably have to go with slim subs, I know, but it's not that important that I beat the block down, I just want bass if I want it. I was thinking of going with a single sub under one seat, but if that is inadvisable, let me know. I would also like to be able to remove the whole thing if need be, for cargo room, although I have a bed with cover. I'm not exactly sure what I can fit, or how everything would sound. Not sure one would be enough, due to box size. I have an aftermarket radio already, but would need everything else to hook equipment up. I try to read this stuff, but honestly, I get lost in the ohms and stuff, and just want a system done right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-06-2014, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_munc_e View Post
I have a 2010 Silverado Crew Cab

I want RF Punch subs and amp under backseat of my truck. Probably have to go with slim subs, I know, but it's not that important that I beat the block down, I just want bass if I want it. I was thinking of going with a single sub under one seat, but if that is inadvisable, let me know. I would also like to be able to remove the whole thing if need be, for cargo room, although I have a bed with cover. I'm not exactly sure what I can fit, or how everything would sound. Not sure one would be enough, due to box size. I have an aftermarket radio already, but would need everything else to hook equipment up. I try to read this stuff, but honestly, I get lost in the ohms and stuff, and just want a system done right.
A single 10" sub will be good for a setup where you are going for sound quality. Adding an additional sub will add about 3 dB. I prefer to go with one really good quality sub than two or more. If you are going for SPL then multiple subs would be the way to go. I would check Crutchfield to look at what fits in your truck. There are some pre-made sub solutions are for your truck. I think JL audio had some products that would work in your truck.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-14-2014, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
For a truck I'd say 3 sub's would be sufficient!
post #4 of 4 Old 09-19-2014, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I own a tundra QC and I only use 1- 12" JL Audio sub that is ported using a PPI amp. Its plenty for me but not sure what you are expecting out of the subs. Also I owned those pancake subs (slim) from kenwood and kicker and it just was too boomy 2-tone frequency subs for me and it lacked accuracy.

HT: PJ: ?? , Screen: ??,B&W 684s, 685s, HTM62 / DIY SI 18" / port tuned- 17hz
Onkyo 809, iNuke DSP1000, Oppo 103 , PS4, HTPC- Lenovo q190.
| Media Room: Yamaha RX-A 820, PS3, Vizio 55 (M-Series) with in-wall Polk Audio RC series (5-channel), Sub1200 (dual) w/ DirectTV & PS3 / PLEX | Family Room: LED: Sharp 70" -Smart, DTV Client, PS3, Mirage MX 5.1 / HK Audio.
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page