How to make a Ford Ranger sound good - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-25-2014, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
How to make a Ford Ranger sound good

Hey all it's been awhile sorry for being gone so long.
Anyways, I thought I would ask you all first. But I have to say the last time I posted on the Car audio section I got no responses.

I have a 2003 Ford Ranger FX4 lvl2 extended cab and it sounds like garbage. I really want to make it sound as good as I can. I am on a budget for it however. I just want it to sound good.

Now, thankfully I have some spare equipment I can use. At my disposal is ethier a Eclipse CD8445 HU or a Pioneer P880prs HU. I have a JL 300/4 Slash V2 I am not useing and a JL 500/1 Slash V2 I can use as-well from a older project. I also have a set of Momo MM6 laying around but they are 6.75" and I would have to cut the panels to make them fit.

I have a few things to consider. The speakers that are built into the truck are 5x7 all the way around. So if I want to just do a drop in my options or limited for decent speakers.
Or I could try to adapt a set of 6.5" speakers instead.

I think I would like to make a max budget of $300 to finish what ever I need done.
Any suggestions? What would be a good set of speakers to go with. I was looking at Image Dynamics XS series they seem to be on sale. The 5x7 are only $200 right now which seems like a good deal. I am a big fan of HAT speakers and the Mirus's are affordable. But do HAT's cheap speaker still compare to ID's High end XS series still?

Other speakers I would consider are : CDT HD, Eclipse 8062, Pioneer REV TS-D801P, Focal ISS line, Maybe even Alipne's Type R. Most everything else is simply out of my budget.

Healthy mid range and mid bass are a must for me. I like my music balanced yet slightly warm with out the ear bleeding high end. "Just my preference"

Thanks again hope you guys can help me out with this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-30-2014, 10:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Adapt the Polk mm's using spacers to allow fit.

I suggest the pioneer because it should play mp3's where the eclipse doesn't as I remember. Could be wrong.

Power with your 4 channel.

For your listening desires, having as much cone area for midbass is a must.

If you find the polks don't cut it, then I would buy something else. No reason to buy new unless of course that is your desire.

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
post #3 of 3 Old 09-26-2014, 04:37 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page