Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-28-2014, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Amp choice

Hi everyone,

I am debating between 2 amps to push my alpine spx177r components in my truck I was hoping for some insight

New model (hifonix made) MB Quart RA400.2 (found for $100)

Or

Rockford Fosgate punch p400.2 (3 options: new, last years model (factory refurb(found for $149 or the older model with the 2 chrome cover s on top ($100)

Everything will be run at 4 ohms. Any help would be appreciated...

-Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-28-2014, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Get the one with the most power assuming both have a built in crossover. I would prolly choose the rockford with the aesthetics I liked most.

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
post #3 of 6 Old 08-28-2014, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

They both have the same power rating 100 W x 2 at 4 ohms RMS I have already have an old (made ny rockford fosgate) MB Quart model RAA4200 deiving my 2 ARC audio 10d4's so I have a good experience with that but I'm torn between Rockford because I know they made that amp or between MB Quart since that's the brand that I have a good experience with.

Aesthetics don't really play a part in it since it will be under my front seat.
post #4 of 6 Old 08-28-2014, 04:34 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerguy1584 View Post
They both have the same power rating 100 W x 2 at 4 ohms RMS I have already have an old (made ny rockford fosgate) MB Quart model RAA4200 deiving my 2 ARC audio 10d4's so I have a good experience with that but I'm torn between Rockford because I know they made that amp or between MB Quart since that's the brand that I have a good experience with.

Aesthetics don't really play a part in it since it will be under my front seat.
keep your RF made MB... those were pretty good amps.... not sure i would use a 4 channel for subs though.

however, the Maxxsonics made MB's are pretty horrible... in fact, all Maxxsonics amps are horrible, including the ones made for other companies. the only good thing about them is their larger amps produce a lot of power. ( like the 3000 watt RMS and up Hifonics, Digital Designs, American Bass, Lanzar, etc ) but their downfall is Chinese parts that have a short life.

i work on pallet loads of these things... and i would never use one.

the RF of the generation you are looking at, is not what RF used to be. while they are not junk, they also use a lot of Chinese parts. i have a P400-2 here right now. that is a much better choice than the MB. just stay away from the newer RF, unless you are willing to pay for the Power series.

i have a load of amps coming in on tuesday. i can see if there is anything interesting. i know there are some Zapco amps in there.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-28-2014, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveds50 View Post
keep your RF made MB... those were pretty good amps.... not sure i would use a 4 channel for subs though.

however, the Maxxsonics made MB's are pretty horrible... in fact, all Maxxsonics amps are horrible, including the ones made for other companies. the only good thing about them is their larger amps produce a lot of power. ( like the 3000 watt RMS and up Hifonics, Digital Designs, American Bass, Lanzar, etc ) but their downfall is Chinese parts that have a short life.

i work on pallet loads of these things... and i would never use one.

the RF of the generation you are looking at, is not what RF used to be. while they are not junk, they also use a lot of Chinese parts. i have a P400-2 here right now. that is a much better choice than the MB. just stay away from the newer RF, unless you are willing to pay for the Power series.

i have a load of amps coming in on tuesday. i can see if there is anything interesting. i know there are some Zapco amps in there.
Thanks for the input, a little dyslexia on my part, I have the old 2 channel MB RAA2400 for my subs, not the 4 channel RAA4200
post #6 of 6 Old 08-28-2014, 04:58 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerguy1584 View Post
Thanks for the input, a little dyslexia on my part, I have the old 2 channel MB RAA2400 for my subs, not the 4 channel RAA4200
thats better. still one of the very good MB's.
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page