Pioneer avh-4000/4100 - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 36 Old 04-24-2016, 08:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 787 Post(s)
Liked: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD57 View Post
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry-I should have specified default alpha or shuffle/random option. I was sure hoping for better news - even when I pick a specific album, artist, etc. it only gives me a "Play All" option and then plays the songs alpha - makes me crazy. Only way I've found to hear an album with songs in order is iTunes at a lower rez. I've been using strictly flac files-which is why I bought this head unit. I didn't realize it was so inept in handling these files. I just recently advanced to the larger SDXC SD, which just exacerbated the problem.

I'm not familiar with MIXTRAX, but I did a little quick research and it seems to be MP3 orientated. So, am I understanding you that you've given up on the SD card altogether and using your phone to stream instead? Or are you using your phone to actually control your card?

I'm fairly new to this, as I'm weaning myself off physical media, and also just recently started using Jriver. I've read briefly about peeps using JRemote in their cars and somehow streaming hi-rez. Have you tried it with this HU?

Thanks again.

Jeff
You need to use the folder option vs the tag. The player chooses the tag option by default, you need to choose the root folder manually once the SD card is read. It's the one that says "music" basically the root folder, from there you can choose by artists only depending how you have the folders tagged, but all songs are in original order in every album.

De sagittis Hungarorum libera nos, Domine!

Ex diversis cogitationibus ex cute color.

The Hun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 07-22-2016, 07:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all. Instead of creating a new thread, I'll piggyback off this one for my question and try to even explain this correctly for you guys.

I put the AVH-4100NEX in my car and love it so far. The biggest annoyance of it for me brings me to this thread.

My setup is I want to use Apply CarPlay for my iPhone 6S Plus and also play the music on my phone while driving. For this, I plug my phone in to the lightning cable hooked up to the radio.

My annoyance: 9 times out of 10 when I get into my car, start it up, and plug my phone into the lightning cable to the radio, it will start playing the music.... cut out for a second... then it says Device Not Found. It kinda reboots in the sense of the plugging in sequence, not the whole head unit. When it restarts the music app, it will be playing the music (time on song is playing) but there is no audio. I have to then unplug my phone / re-plug it in several times for it to begin playing music again.

I honestly think this is an issue of Apple CarPlay trying to run vs. the music app within the head unit trying to run.

Does anyone know a way around this. IE: What is the sequence for me to avoid this? IE: Unlock phone then plug in, Hit ok then plug in phone then unlock, etc. I hate this.
post #33 of 36 Old 03-09-2017, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASK0 View Post
Hi all. Instead of creating a new thread, I'll piggyback off this one for my question and try to even explain this correctly for you guys.

I put the AVH-4100NEX in my car and love it so far. The biggest annoyance of it for me brings me to this thread.

My setup is I want to use Apply CarPlay for my iPhone 6S Plus and also play the music on my phone while driving. For this, I plug my phone in to the lightning cable hooked up to the radio.

My annoyance: 9 times out of 10 when I get into my car, start it up, and plug my phone into the lightning cable to the radio, it will start playing the music.... cut out for a second... then it says Device Not Found. It kinda reboots in the sense of the plugging in sequence, not the whole head unit. When it restarts the music app, it will be playing the music (time on song is playing) but there is no audio. I have to then unplug my phone / re-plug it in several times for it to begin playing music again.

I honestly think this is an issue of Apple CarPlay trying to run vs. the music app within the head unit trying to run.

Does anyone know a way around this. IE: What is the sequence for me to avoid this? IE: Unlock phone then plug in, Hit ok then plug in phone then unlock, etc. I hate this.
I noticed there is new firmware on Pioneer's site if you have not checked it out in a while.

post #34 of 36 Old 06-26-2017, 08:08 AM

^thanks for the heads up! I actually just recently updated my unit with it and my original problem above still persists I've learned to deal with that though.

NEW PROBLEM:

As of late, for about the last month or so, my CARPLAY audio has been cutting out. The audio just stops playin; however, the music is still playing on the phone and on the head unit's actual carplay screen and Pioneer's iPod screen. The seconds continue to play, but no audio. There is no pattern that I've noticed of when this occurs. When it does happen, the blue bar is still at the top of my phone reflecting CARPLAY is still connected... just the music/audio stops playing. I have to unplug/replug it in to get it working again. I updated the firmware to the latest (1.9), have reset the deck a few times, and did hard resets on my phone. Nothing. I've also dusted out my lightning port on my phone and also changed out my lightning cables in my car to see if it was a cable issue. Nothing. Is anyone else experiencing or has experienced this problem?
post #35 of 36 Old 06-26-2017, 08:26 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASK0 View Post
^thanks for the heads up! I actually just recently updated my unit with it and my original problem above still persists I've learned to deal with that though.

NEW PROBLEM:

As of late, for about the last month or so, my CARPLAY audio has been cutting out. The audio just stops playin; however, the music is still playing on the phone and on the head unit's actual carplay screen and Pioneer's iPod screen. The seconds continue to play, but no audio. There is no pattern that I've noticed of when this occurs. When it does happen, the blue bar is still at the top of my phone reflecting CARPLAY is still connected... just the music/audio stops playing. I have to unplug/replug it in to get it working again. I updated the firmware to the latest (1.9), have reset the deck a few times, and did hard resets on my phone. Nothing. I've also dusted out my lightning port on my phone and also changed out my lightning cables in my car to see if it was a cable issue. Nothing. Is anyone else experiencing or has experienced this problem?

I'm having the same problem on my 4100. I think it is iOS 10.3. The public beta for iOS 11 should bbe out in the next couple weeks and I will see if it is still a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #36 of 36 Old 06-26-2017, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrippe View Post
I'm having the same problem on my 4100. I think it is iOS 10.3. The public beta for iOS 11 should bbe out in the next couple weeks and I will see if it is still a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting. Mine started to happen out of the blue really. My phone's firmware is still on 10.2 and this problem occurs. I was running this along with the deck's 1.5 firmware. Since I've upgraded to the 1.9 firmware, the problem still persists (on 10.2).

I forgot to mention when this audio cuts out, if I switch the unit back into HD Radio mode, audio DOES work for the radio. I switch back to CARPLAY, and nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page