Best Sound Quality Single DIN Head Unit - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-22-2016, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Best Sound Quality Single DIN Head Unit

I presently have a Kenwood Execelon single DIN head unit bought in 2011 that's starting to act up a bit. Skips occasionally and sometimes has trouble ejecting the disc so it's probably about time to replace it. I'm not interested in Blue Tooth and phone compatibility etc. I only play CDs in the car and am interested only in the sound reproduction from the deck. Any opinions/advice for a replacement unit for the Execelon? I'm using separate amps for the speakers and the sub. I would like to be able to change the display color to match the factory dash illumination color which the Execlon has. I've been happy with the Kenwood and I'm not adverse to getting another one.
Regards, Sam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-31-2016, 12:35 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
In my opinion, the best single-DIN SQ units available right now are the Pioneer DEX-P99RS, and the Sony RSX-GS9. Neither have color changing displays. Short of finding a unicorn used Clarion DRZ series, those are your best options.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-31-2016, 12:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriszilla View Post
In my opinion, the best single-DIN SQ units available right now are the Pioneer DEX-P99RS, and the Sony RSX-GS9. Neither have color changing displays. Short of finding a unicorn used Clarion DRZ series, those are your best options.
Thanks for the reply. I opted for the Pioneer DEH-80PRS, having it installed Monday afternoon. The two you quoted are out of my price range.
Regards, Sam

post #4 of 4 Old 08-04-2017, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Kenwood KDC-X5100BT best headunit for the money?

Even though you have bought a nice car stereo I would still recommend others who are seeking something cheaper to check out the the pretty new Kenwood KDC-X5100BT. It's great!
It supports 24-bit FLAC (48 kHz) and is packed with features for the price. It might the best headunit for the money out there.. It might not look as good as the Pioneer but hey, you can’t have it all right.

Here’s a review of the Kenwood KDC-X5100BT:

Well I wasnt able to add links here but search on Youtube for:

"Kenwood KDC X5100BT Car stereo, most value for money?"

if you're interested..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page