Car Stereo Interfaces - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-15-2016, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Car Stereo Interfaces

It's been many years since I've purchased an after market stereo system. So when I went looking at large display double DIN stereos the other day I was extremely disappointed in the quality of the user interfaces. To put it bluntly they were all the equivalent of 8 pounds of crap in a 2 pound bag. It didn't matter the manufacturer, Pioneer, JVC, Kenwood, etc., they were sloppy, cluttered, confusing and small because they tried to put way too much information on the screen at once. There is no way you could use them while driving.

Surely someone has someone makes a stereo with a descent interface. What double DIN models do you think have the best user interfaces? User interfaces are like jokes, if you have to explain them, they're no good.

Right now, I'm seriously considering NOT upgrading the stock stereo, even though I really need blue tooth support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-10-2017, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just installed a Sony XAV-AX100 in my car. Nice, simple user interface with smartphone looking icons on the home screen. Has a rotary volume knob, which is a giant plus in my book. I recommend it so far, although I've only had it up and running for a week or so.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-18-2017, 12:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just ordered a Kenwood DMX7704S which is a double din multimedia car receiver. It supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. I will report back after I install it. But the whole point of these features are to make the driving experience better and safer. Maybe you should look at this new breed of car receiver?

Chris

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

post #4 of 5 Old 04-25-2017, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 7
I put a Dynavin in my E46 and feels basically OEM... satisfied thus far, but the software is a bit idiotic.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-16-2017, 09:48 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 3695 Post(s)
Liked: 2055
Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageSTi View Post
I just installed a Sony XAV-AX100 in my car. Nice, simple user interface with smartphone looking icons on the home screen. Has a rotary volume knob, which is a giant plus in my book. I recommend it so far, although I've only had it up and running for a week or so.
I've been trying to track this down for a couple days... Hows the USB media player? I'm looking for one that supports playlists (most important), but also the standard tag-based browsing, artist, album, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page