home done. now car....couple questions - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-18-2017, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 99
home done. now car....couple questions

Ok, got my home system done, its great.....its ruined my car stereo for me. Soo, i have a hybrid sonata limited, 2016. A few questions here for some cheap upgrades. First off, apparently there are 3" speakers in the dash....its a 9 speaker system, 500 watt amp, sub on back deck. I was thinking of replacing the dash speakers, dont see many 3" car speakers about, and was wondering, as far as parts express, how would something like the faitalpro 3fe22 compare to something like the kicker 3.5 at best buy? Secondly, all the upgraded cars now come with free air subs mounted in back....do, say, jbl or kicker IB subs sound much better?

I dont really want to get into a thousand dollar thing here, just looking for a few simple things that will give it some extra clarity and oomph. Dont want to replace the amp, as that opens the door for all kinds of extra stuff, and drives the price up dramatically. I think its 50 to each channel, and 150-300 for the sub, cant be exact because its impossible to find the models and specs for the system anywhere, so thats the closest i could come. Id really like to just drop in new dash and front door speakers and drop in either a IB sub or small box sub, ideally 10-12" that i can just connect to the wires already there from the amp. Any info or comments are appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page