Recommendations and fair pricing for 2005 CRV Car Audio Setup? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-07-2017, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Recommendations and fair pricing for 2005 CRV Car Audio Setup?

As per the classic 80/20 rule, looking for a great bang for buck (and maybe a smidge past that in quality) for a good audio setup in my new-to-me 2005 CRV. Appreciate quality audio, but wouldn't quite consider myself an audiophile. I just need something really solid, and don't want to get excessive or go crazy $$ wise. Reasonable setup, high quality, best ROI.

1. Thoughts on the Sony Touchscreen unit for an in-car, CarPlay ready, touchscreen based setup?
[6.5" SONY CarPlay/Android Auto XAVAX100 RI-S-TouchScreen]

2. Thoughts on an amplifier VS no amplifier?
[SR4 Audison Sr Series 65Wx4 Or 65Wx2+190Wx1 AI-B-4CH]

3. Thoughts on speakers? Front only, or Front + Rear?
Audison Prima 6.5"

4. How much should I expect to pay for installation in total (parts + labor)?
I have no idea what is reasonable for this. One place quoted me 1.5 hours and total of $311 for installing just the Car radio unit (install + installation supplies), and then another 1.75 hours / $175 for the amplifier install (not even sure I need that) + $108 for the amplifier installation cables (seems excessive for "Flex 8Ga Power Wire, RED RCA Cables, T-Spec BULK Fuse Holder, and Stinger PRO Speaker Wire" ... another $285 for installing the speakers in the door (either 2 or 4) + supplies including STP sound dampening panels... and then another $200 for something "SI-S-Coax-Door" (maybe the other 2 speakers)?

Anyway, total being just under $2500 for 4 speakers, the radio, the amplifier. Is this reasonable? Does this look like a good setup, or a bit excessive?

Pardon, as I am no pro with this, I just remember the last time I had a radio + 2 speakers installed the grand total was around $600 for a solid 2 speaker setup, no amp, though that was around 7 years ago.

Thank you! Speaker, Radio unit suggestions most welcome! Thoughts on amp VS no-amp also welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-09-2017, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
no love??
post #3 of 3 Old 08-14-2017, 09:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 93
The ROI on some of that equipment is going to be low. Audison amps and speakers are nice but seriously can spend less and get as good sound. $2500???!!!! Woof.

The head unit I have no experience with. Honestly it depends on required bells and whistles.

Honestly, I would buy this if I was planning on spending 2500.
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-a8PRqT...X-DSP-MK2.html

The DSP functionality would allow you to fine tune the audio way better than what that audison amp and speakers would do.

Buy some good raw drivers from Meniscus or Parts express etc... For the front. use the factory rear speakers as fill. Add a sub down the road to give a good fundamental foundation.

Hope this helps.

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page