Problem with Pioneer Preouts?? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-22-2017, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Problem with Pioneer Preouts??

Hello. I purchased a Pioneer AVH-4201NEX head unit from Crutchfield, along with 2- Kicker HS8 Hideaway 8" powered subwoofers and all of the wiring accessories for my 2007 GMC Acadia. The installation went smoothly and everything appeared to work until I powered the amps. I am running the pillar speakers and 4- door speakers off of the head unit, which sound great (I replaced the door speakers a while back with Kicker's, as well). I ran 17' of RCA's from the sub preouts on the back of the head unit. I ran 17' feet of remote wire to trigger the subs, as required. I have battery voltage in the remote wire, but nothing in the RCA's. I ran another long string of RCA's to the back to verify it's not a wiring issue and still didn't work. I checked the voltage in the RCA cable at the back and it registers 0 vAC. I plugged an AUX to RCA adapter into an old iPhone and plugged into the subs to verify they are working and although the sound was almost nothing, they did work. Is this a problem with these head units? I've never run across this before. Crutchfield was satisfied with my diagnostics so they are sending me a new head unit. I just want to ask around and try to get some more advice or knowledge, if possible. Am I going to experience the same this with a new head unit, as if I've wired something wrong and just haven't come across it yet?? I'm a little worried. I'm really confident that I wired everything correctly, but just not sure. Any advice?

Thanks,

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page