Boombox made with car audio equipment - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-20-2017, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Boombox made with car audio equipment

Hey, this is my first post in the forum... hope I am in the right place with this.

Anyways, I recently found a box of car audio stuff from my dad's old boat and I had an idea for repurposing the gear instead of throwing it away. Essentially, I want to see if I can make a boombox that I can plug into a wall. What I found in the box are two Rockford Fosgate hpc-1257's, a precision power a200 amp, and a pioneer deh-x3600ui head unit, and a cap(which I dont think I will be using).

So far what I have found out is that I need to have a dc charger that powers a battery and then hook up the head unit to the battery.

Here are my questions that I'm hoping you guys can help me work out:

1. What sort of charger do I need to charge the battery?

2. What capacity battery will I need(I was thinking a motorcycle battery would be perfect)?

3. How can I best use the amp in this system?

4. and lastly, am I missing something that is crucial to making this work?...I know I should probably be adding a sub but I can't really find one for cheap right now. I was checking out this ad on craigslist but I'm not sure if anything is really appropriate for this project. sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/pts/d/boom-for-your-ride/6288399696.html[/url]
It has a pioneer gm-d9601, sound xtreme st-602, kenwood kac-7252, a kicker comp R sub, asi 125 1400 watt(not sure what this is exactly), and a few other miscellaneous speakers.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-21-2017, 04:55 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 6
The size of the battery and charger would be dependent on the current you will be drawing from the battery, and the length of time you will be running the system.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-21-2017, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
The head unit speaks say it can draw up to 10 amps but I will just be running two speakers off it so I doubt it will be that much. And I am looking to be able to plug this boombox in and it can play as long as I would like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page