Welcome - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 09-17-2006, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Just a quick WELCOME to the new Car Audio, Video, and Nav Forum.

Though not used in the home theater areas, this section is to talk about, seek support, or just share ideas and what have you about car audio, video, and navigation.

David Bott
Founder - AVSForum

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged...:)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-17-2006, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Well, thank you very much David !! Car audio is another passion of mine. Hope to see other car audio enthusiasts on this site as well.
post #3 of 10 Old 09-17-2006, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Glad to see this has been added. I just invested a ton of money in my next hobby and certainly would love expert help and discussions
post #4 of 10 Old 09-17-2006, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook
Glad to see this has been added. I just invested a ton of money in my next hobby and certainly would love expert help and discussions
Suzook, good to see another car audio guy on the forum. Being in Orlando, you have a lot of options in regards to experienced car audio installers and competitors in the neighboring areas of Ocala, Tampa and Kissimee. I am a member of a car audio enthusiast forums on EliteCarAudio.com, and carsound.com. Check them out, if you haven't already done so.
post #5 of 10 Old 09-17-2006, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Cool I will take a look. I am searching for one now as we speak. I have a complete Pio Z1 set up to do. Including bluetooth, ipod interface, sirius and rear camera. Being run with 2 Polk momo 6x9, 4 4 inch polk momo for front dash and rear pillars. Custom 10 inch enclosure and custom amp rack. finished off by an infinity 6 channel amp and infinity momo amp for the sub. Cant wait
post #6 of 10 Old 09-17-2006, 06:08 PM

Liked: 123
Yet another improvement to the best AV site on Earth. :)
post #7 of 10 Old 09-17-2006, 06:37 PM

Liked: 10
glad to see that my interests are being combined into one bb. thanx for adding car audio.
post #8 of 10 Old 09-17-2006, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook
Cool I will take a look. I am searching for one now as we speak. I have a complete Pio Z1 set up to do. Including bluetooth, ipod interface, sirius and rear camera. Being run with 2 Polk momo 6x9, 4 4 inch polk momo for front dash and rear pillars. Custom 10 inch enclosure and custom amp rack. finished off by an infinity 6 channel amp and infinity momo amp for the sub. Cant wait
May I ask how much you are spending on the equipment? The Pio Z1 is an awesome choice. But I think you could do much better than Polk and infinity for the amps when you could afford a Pio Z1.
post #9 of 10 Old 09-20-2006, 09:11 AM

Liked: 10
David & all,

good to see other car audio enthusiasts out there.

raaj, do those 2 sites have a lot of visitors and viewers? i've been browsing caraudio.com a lot the past 2 wks

just bot an 06 Ody and looking at the Rainbow components (Dyns, SEAS Lotus out of my price range) and either Arc Audio or Zapco for the amps. sub is still TBD....so many to choose from....Diamond Audio, Arc, Rainbow, IDQ/IDMAX, Sounsplinter, DIYMA (not DVC), or JL if i really really have to.....
post #10 of 10 Old 09-20-2006, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

^^^

CfA,

The two sites I've linked to [EliteCarAudio.com and CarAudio.com] are not anywhere near as big as AVS, but they have some of the best car audio gurus in the country, especially Caraudio.com, which is home to the who's who of the Car Audio competitors, manufacturers etc. Caraudio.com is the closest match to AVS in the car audio world, but they don't have as many members and active participants as AVS.

You will NOT go wrong by doing some research and seeking advice on those sites. Just as serious HT guys and audiophiles don't shop for their toys at Best Buy, Circuit City and the like, serious car audio guys should never touch the crap they sell in these big chain stores.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Car Audio, Video, and Nav

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page