component interactions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-15-2006, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i was looking to get a setup for my 2001 bmw i wanted a screen for head unit with dvd, navigation, hdradio and sirius satellite. some companies have better head units like pioneer has a very good screen (new one out). I was hoping to get a HDD based navigation, and also hdradio. Not any one company has everything i wanted. I was wondering if i could combine parts from different companies like one from pioneer, one from kenwood, one from alpine, etc. Can this be done? if not are there aftermarket companies that sell universal parts that i should look at? i only know of the name brand companies but i know there are aftermarket parts that are universal. any help would be appreciated. thanks
-rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-15-2006, 11:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
When it comes to adding on accessory items (XM, Sirius, Ipod, changer, etc.) you have to stick with one brand. They typically use dedicated cabling to communicate. If you choose to add amplifiers, speakers, subs, etc. you can start to mix and match different brands. BTW, the Pioneer Z1 is awesome. Forget about HDradio and get the z1 with sirius or xm. Won't be disappointed
Closed Thread Car Audio, Video, and Nav

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page