JVC KD-NX5000 Install - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Other Areas of Interest > Car Audio, Video, and Nav > JVC KD-NX5000 Install

Car Audio, Video, and Nav

DanQ's Avatar DanQ
08:30 AM Liked: 10
post #1 of 13
03-29-2007 | Posts: 219
Joined: Oct 2003
Has anyone installed one of these units yet? I have the unit and will be doing the install shortly. I have read that others have issues with getting the speed sensor to work. Should the speed sensor be connected to the speedometer or will it also work off of the transmission speed sensor?

Thanks for any tips.
DanQ's Avatar DanQ
02:16 PM Liked: 10
post #2 of 13
04-20-2007 | Posts: 219
Joined: Oct 2003
Guess not. I finished the install in my ford and the VSS signal wouldn't register with the JVC. I ended up adding a Kenwood KNA-PG100 speed pulse generator to get it to work. Alpine NVE-K300 or Pioneer ND-PG1 look the same so they'd probably work in a ford too.

Now that it does, I can't imaging a more functional single din NAV, HDD, DVD, bluetooth solution.
LL
WantABigScreen's Avatar WantABigScreen
01:22 PM Liked: 10
post #3 of 13
04-24-2007 | Posts: 67
Joined: Mar 2007
Crazy, but beautiful!!!!
Tanquen's Avatar Tanquen
09:01 PM Liked: 11
post #4 of 13
04-28-2007 | Posts: 220
Joined: Jul 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanQ View Post

Has anyone installed one of these units yet? I have the unit and will be doing the install shortly. I have read that others have issues with getting the speed sensor to work. Should the speed sensor be connected to the speedometer or will it also work off of the transmission speed sensor?

Thanks for any tips.

Click To My Install

I found the reverse wire on my own and the speed wire from the instructions of the dash controls adaptor.

I was wondering though, how have you added music to the hard drive. It seems real slow and there is no artist information just a genre folder and then album folders.
DanQ's Avatar DanQ
10:08 AM Liked: 10
post #5 of 13
05-02-2007 | Posts: 219
Joined: Oct 2003
Tanquen, I had the same experience when I went from CD to HDD in the JVC. You have to listen to the whole CD to load the HDD. AND you have to enter in all the track names and titles... big pain in the butt. Why it can't rip a CD faster I don't know.

I've had much better luck ripping the CDs to MP3 on my home computer using windows media player 11 and creating a data CD. You can choose how much compression and it takes a few minutes to do an album. WMP11 also seems to get the title and track info from the web so I didn't have to type in that info.

You can burn 8-10 albums on a single data CD and then put that into the JVC. It takes 2-4 minutes to "copy" each album to the HDD and all the title and track info is maintained. So, in the same time it took to listen to 2 albums using the old method, I downloaded 10 MP3 albums! Much better!
DanQ's Avatar DanQ
10:15 AM Liked: 10
post #6 of 13
05-02-2007 | Posts: 219
Joined: Oct 2003
I even used the catagories that WMP11 found on the web to create my own Genres of ROCK, JAZZ, POP, ALTERNATIVE, SOUND TRACK, COUNTRY.

Also I just noticed that your install is one I looked at when I did my install. Thanks
Tanquen.
robertazimmerman's Avatar robertazimmerman
07:41 PM Liked: 10
post #7 of 13
06-03-2007 | Posts: 471
Joined: Jan 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanQ View Post

You can burn 8-10 albums on a single data CD and then put that into the JVC. It takes 2-4 minutes to "copy" each album to the HDD and all the title and track info is maintained. So, in the same time it took to listen to 2 albums using the old method, I downloaded 10 MP3 albums! Much better!

Can you save uncompressed CDs as WAV files on CD-RWs and then copy them to the hard drive in 2-4 minutes (I don't like compressed audio)?

Roberta
DanQ's Avatar DanQ
08:08 PM Liked: 10
post #8 of 13
06-06-2007 | Posts: 219
Joined: Oct 2003
I'm sure you can save them but I don't think it will be as fast as 2-3 minutes. The reason Mp3 transfers to the HDD are faster is because the of the compression. I decreased compression for 192 to 256 and it took about 2 minutes longer to transfer an album.
hbklb's Avatar hbklb
12:13 AM Liked: 10
post #9 of 13
10-11-2007 | Posts: 90
Joined: Jan 2007
Can anyone tell me if u can burn a data dvd and do the same thing as a data cd?
dj4monie's Avatar dj4monie
04:29 PM Liked: 13
post #10 of 13
11-29-2007 | Posts: 1,311
Joined: May 2005
I've had one since Feb when it first came out.

If you want to put music on the HD using a DVD, burn as DVD Data. In Nero I believe "DVD ISO"

You burn your updates the same way, there is an update available if you haven't looked.



robertazimmerman's Avatar robertazimmerman
08:41 AM Liked: 10
post #11 of 13
12-03-2007 | Posts: 471
Joined: Jan 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post

I've had one since Feb when it first came out.

If you want to put music on the HD using a DVD, burn as DVD Data.

Approximately how long does it take to copy the music from the DVD to the hard drive?
vip007's Avatar vip007
03:21 PM Liked: 10
post #12 of 13
01-13-2008 | Posts: 4
Joined: Jan 2007
I just copied about 3.9G worth of mp3's (474 tracks) recorded on a data dvd-r to my wife's kd-nx5000; it took about 2.5 hours. Very slow!
morf13's Avatar morf13
05:33 PM Liked: 10
post #13 of 13
03-08-2008 | Posts: 1
Joined: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanQ View Post

Tanquen, I had the same experience when I went from CD to HDD in the JVC. You have to listen to the whole CD to load the HDD. AND you have to enter in all the track names and titles... big pain in the butt. Why it can't rip a CD faster I don't know.

I've had much better luck ripping the CDs to MP3 on my home computer using windows media player 11 and creating a data CD. You can choose how much compression and it takes a few minutes to do an album. WMP11 also seems to get the title and track info from the web so I didn't have to type in that info.

You can burn 8-10 albums on a single data CD and then put that into the JVC. It takes 2-4 minutes to "copy" each album to the HDD and all the title and track info is maintained. So, in the same time it took to listen to 2 albums using the old method, I downloaded 10 MP3 albums! Much better!


I got this unit,and did the same exact thing,converting my cd songs to MP3,then burning them to a cd-r and once i put the cd-r into the NX5000 and started to download it to the unit,it started doing so at real time speed,not the fast speed of 1.5 minute for a 12 song disc. I think i also did something wrong since i didnt fit multiple albums on a single cd-r,but only 15 or 16 songs.Please let me know what i am doing wrong. What is the difference between a data cd and a CD-R?
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

Subscribe to this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3