Double-Height Deck & iPods - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-09-2007, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Guys,

I just purchased a 2004 Honda Civic EX, and am impressed by everything other than the stereo system. I'd like to eventually replace the horrible stock Radio/CD Player with a Double Height deck that can handle CD's, MP3's, and most important of all, a 30GB iPod.

I've seen lots of iPod ready decks, but not too many double height ones, and the ones I do see tend to be very expensive. I figured I'd ask here if any of you would know of some good decks that fill those requirements. I'd also like to mention that I don't have too much to spend (max $200).

Thanks a bunch in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-10-2007, 07:36 AM - Thread Starter

bump
post #3 of 5 Old 06-10-2007, 08:10 AM
Advanced Member

well if thats all you have look at single dins, just use a kit, Clarion is where I would start, or pioneer, you will get a lot more for your 200.00 with a single din
post #4 of 5 Old 06-10-2007, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

I'd like to stick with a Double-Din so that I don't have all that extra space in my dash, and it will give it more of a "stock" feel. I'd appreciate some recommendations.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-10-2007, 09:53 AM
Advanced Member

i honestly don't believe in that price range, you will find much. i agree with monster in that you will have far more options in the single-din option. find a dash kit by metra as many come with a handy pocket above or below the HU. does not look out of place and gives the stock feel. also, many decks require you to purchase some type of ipod interface to fully integrate the ipod functions with the HU. if these options are not important, find any HU with an aux in and you could prolly simply connect the ipod via the headphone out. if you are stuck on double din, check out www.crutchfield.com
you don't have to purchase from them, but it will give you an idea of what is available in DD. good luck with your search.
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page