Valor - The Oppo of Car Audio - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 46 Old 05-11-2008, 08:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any more updated reviews? I am thinking of this unit. I was thinking of geting pionner avic z3. Then changed mind thought I should do car pc if I was going to spend that much $. Car pc intimadated me about where to place & what to buy. This looks like cheap viable solution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 46 Old 05-11-2008, 09:39 AM

I just purchased an AVIC D3, they're 700 bucks at best buy and it comes with the bluetooth kit. pick up the ipod cable on ebay for 10 bucks and you're all set.
post #33 of 46 Old 05-11-2008, 03:34 PM

does avic d3 do dual zone for headrest video for kids?
post #34 of 46 Old 05-11-2008, 09:18 PM

I just had the 670w installed and quite like the nav. and bluetooth. However, when I turn off my vehicle to run a chore and then return, the radio does not start up on the station that I had on before. It simply starts playing whatever is in the number 1 position..also any manual sets to a particular station don't seem to hold...In addition, when I try to set the clock as per instructions, the time will always revert back to 12:00..Yet, when I enter an address into my nav, it does hold....thanx for any suggestions out there?
post #35 of 46 Old 05-17-2008, 07:52 AM

Quote:

I just had the 670w installed and quite like the nav. and bluetooth. However, when I turn off my vehicle to run a chore and then return, the radio does not start up on the station that I had on before. It simply starts playing whatever is in the number 1 position..also any manual sets to a particular station don't seem to hold...In addition, when I try to set the clock as per instructions, the time will always revert back to 12:00..Yet, when I enter an address into my nav, it does hold....thanx for any suggestions out there?

You don't have your "always on" power cable connected correctly. I think it's the yellow cable. I'm guessing the nav saves the addresses because it writes them to storage.
post #36 of 46 Old 05-31-2008, 07:55 PM

thanx, randycandy...
I took it back to the installer and you were right...he blamed a harness mismatch ... now that part works...however, half way to the east coast, my nav started to forget...everytime I turn off the car and then return, it resets itself to California..consequently, I have to reprogram the route again..tedious...does anyone know where it stores its nav info, and what could have caused this memory loss problem..
post #37 of 46 Old 09-04-2008, 10:10 PM

The addresses are stored on the SD card...
I've hacked this unit.. (nvg-670w) It actually runs windows CE 4.2 for the navigation part of it... You can replace the navigation.exe on the SD card with an explorer.exe from windows CE (must be renamed to navigation.exe) and it will bring you to a windows desktop.
There is even a usb port on the back of the unit that is covered. I cut a hole in mine to be able to plug it in... You can plug it into a pc and open via activesync.. kinda cool I've got tomtom running on it, but I cannot get tomtom to find the gps signal...
post #38 of 46 Old 09-21-2008, 10:54 PM

wow very interesting that you found that usb input and manage to use tomtom. program in it. They came out with NVG-606w i guess this is the latest one but for some reason they forgot to include the built-in bluetooth. bummer cause i was going to buy the new model for my car but a seperate bluetooth adapter needs to be purchased and no information about it yet. I am going to wait until they release it then i will buy it.

so far after 1 year of using this valor unit i returned it once due to the dvd slot problem but over all experience is great and pretty much satisfied with it specially price wise this unit is now around $700. one more thing is when i recieved the replacement unit it's not by valor anymore just an OEM but everything is the same they even throw in the latest navigation software and maps since the one i returned has the original sd card.

The NVG-606W is cheaper $649 and still packed with features except for the bluetooth.
post #39 of 46 Old 10-02-2008, 07:38 AM

NVG-606W has no ipod integration either...
So I have a problem with my dvd also... Your nvg-670w probably had the nav1 originally and they sent you one with a nav2 in it which is able to run the new software.. Also I was talking to someone at another forum and he couldnt find a usb port on his...
http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/foru...sts=24&start=1
So anyhow, I've got an email into Valor right now about my dvd player.. We'll see...
post #40 of 46 Old 10-03-2008, 07:32 AM

pretty interesting what you guys are trying to accomplish on the other forum you posted. i really liked tomtom cause of its interface i hope you guys get it running.

i end up giving up the navigation and bought a pioneer fh-p8000bt capable of a2dp so i can use my cell as the navigator and mp3 then sync it with the hu.

post something when you guys finally got those other programs running.

one question ... do you know why my navigator when it speaks the voice gets bubbled like its saying " make a rrrrright"?
post #41 of 46 Old 10-09-2008, 09:54 AM

Does it support usb drives?

http://www.4eto.co.uk  ETO Manufacturing Software
post #42 of 46 Old 10-12-2008, 01:13 AM

The FH-P8000BT? yes it does not only flas drives but usb memory card readers as well .... i tried my 4gig sdhc in a memory card reader and it reads it faster than when it boots.

very good HU without the nav.
post #43 of 46 Old 07-27-2009, 10:13 PM

Quick question, I just got the valor nvg-606w, and would like to know if the pink brake wire just gets grounded out to play dvd's while driving. One poster said it was easy to disable, and looking at the instructions they show the brake lever and the ground symbol, so that means jsut ground to body and it will work all the time. I havent installed it yet or I would have tried this, probably in a few days.
post #44 of 46 Old 08-02-2009, 10:27 AM

yup just ground it the same where the black wire goes it should work fine. have you tried the backup camera feature? thats the coolest thing I've ever installed on my SUV no more hitting those low cars specially when parallel parking.
post #45 of 46 Old 08-02-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmanteNYC View Post

yup just ground it the same where the black wire goes it should work fine. have you tried the backup camera feature? thats the coolest thing I've ever installed on my SUV no more hitting those low cars specially when parallel parking.

The camera rocks, bad thing when first starting the stereo takes about 15 sec to boot up, so now I wait before slamming into reverse so the stereo will show the camera. I also have a bumper guard so I can see that in the camera and get within an inch of another car when backing up, works good for parallel parking.

I noticed the gps overhead view ( the one that shows clouds) makes it lag big time, trying to select gps items it takes over 4 seconds to relay the input, but the other views the gps runs normal.
Anyone have the same problem.

Crutchfield sent me the wrong harness, so they sent me a link for my model, I had to hard wire it in.

post #46 of 46 Old 06-27-2010, 07:38 AM

horizonnav.com released an update for Valor 670w for those people who still have this unit
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page