Double DIN GPS/Ipod Friendly headunit - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 07-25-2007, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hello everyone,
i have a 2005 chevy malibu and im looking to replace the current factory double din head unit with a dvd/navagation one. there are many out there to choose from but i want to find one that is IPOD friendly. my friend has one and to select a song you have to push down again and again to scroll through a large list. I want to find one that makes it very easy to find songs and whatnot. I have found one or two like this, but none with a navagation system. so, does anyone know of a good double din dvd/cd/gps/ipod head unit that is very ipod user friendly? if so please let me know, im tryin to get this and get it installed before my road trip to see 311 concerts with my friends! woot! so just let me know

thanks,
Pat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-26-2007, 10:11 PM

how much you're trying to spend? $500 / $750 / $1000 / $1500 / $2k+ ?
post #3 of 10 Old 07-27-2007, 05:33 AM - Thread Starter

i guess around a thousand dollars. price isnt really important
post #4 of 10 Old 07-27-2007, 11:16 AM

i have been looking into the same thing and i finally made a purchase, i ended up getting the Kenwood DNX7100 its supposed to be the most ipod friendly unit out and best bang for the buck the Z2 from pioneer is also a good one but it cost a little more, then there is the lower costig one from pioneer the D3 but that one requires NAVI dvd which kinda is a pain for me but you might think diff look into those three, good luck bud.
post #5 of 10 Old 07-28-2007, 09:16 AM

i really want one too.. i dont live in an bad area, but im so scared of it getting stolen...
and a thousand bucks just gone...
post #6 of 10 Old 07-28-2007, 09:59 AM
Advanced Member

i would kill for a double din touchscreen unit that has a VGA & A/V inputs, with USB touchscreen control output. anyone know if this exists?

i.e. be able to put a computer in the car, but just have a "mode" of the head unit that enables the VGA & A/V inputs. then have a button to go back to regular CD/DVD/radio mode.

basically i want to build a car computer and have a touch screen setup, but dont want to have to boot a computer just to play a CD or radio

-Chuck
post #7 of 10 Old 07-28-2007, 10:18 PM

I have seen some VGA styled double DIN units in the past, however they are of pretty low quality, and have MINIMAL features as far as any other features, I don't even think they had AM/FM tuner. They may still exist, but I am unsure.
post #8 of 10 Old 07-28-2007, 10:19 PM

I had to wait until I had 5 posts to post a link to my site.. , but you guys can feel free to check it out.. www.drivenbysound.net

I run a car audio / video store here in the Florida panhandle area.. great deals, etc. feel free to contact me through the contact page on the site, or through this forum.. I am new around this forum, but will try to make it a regular stop to check in.
post #9 of 10 Old 08-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Well, for $1000 the Pioneer Avic-D3 gives you everything you want. Another unit to consider is the Alpine IVA-W205 with the Blackbird 2 nav unit. It would be around $1500, but the blackbird unit is portable, it docks into the Head Unit, and can be removed and used in another car. This is a huge advantage in my opinion.
post #10 of 10 Old 08-09-2007, 01:53 PM

True, but then for the same price as the Alpine you could get either the Kenwood or the Pioneer PLUS a portable GPS. Then you could have GPS running in two cars at once instead of swapping the one Alpine module back and forth.

Just sayin'.
Reply Car Audio, Video, and Nav

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page