gm audio wire colors - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-09-2007, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
does anyone have the 07 gm audio wire colors?

What im doing is hooking up a powered Bazooka sub in a 07 silvarado. I had this hooked up in a 04 truck and had no problems. In the 04 i was using a aftermarket head unit connected through low level out/inputs. I was planning on keeping the stock head unit in the new truck and connecting through the speaker wires.

What ive done so far is connect the power( to the battery) and ground. Run the speaker wires to what i thought was the rear outputs. and ran the remote power wire to the pink wire on the head unit.
Not nearly the same results i was getting with the old setup. Have to crank the bass on the H.U. to get any real sound and that distorts the factory speakers. Im getting to much other noise than low end through the sub, but i have adjusted the crossover as much as i can. something doesnt sound right.
any help would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2007, 07:42 PM

The rear speaker wires are brown/yellow for the left and dark blue/light blue for the right. Each can be found at the base of the B-pillars.

BTW, I'd recommend that you run your remote turn on to the accessory wire under the dash before you damage something. It should be a brown wire in the ignition harness. I can't remember what that pink wire does, but I know you can't use it as a remote turn on.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Kephart View Post

The rear speaker wires are brown/yellow for the left and dark blue/light blue for the right. Each can be found at the base of the B-pillars.

BTW, I'd recommend that you run your remote turn on to the accessory wire under the dash before you damage something. It should be a brown wire in the ignition harness. I can't remember what that pink wire does, but I know you can't use it as a remote turn on.

I appreciate the tip on the remote wire. The pink is what i found, but ill look at that again.

I hooked it all in behind the H.U. in the dash and i found the blue/lt blue on the net, but i cant find those two colors in the wiring.
you are saying hook them up at the doors instead?
Old 10-09-2007, 09:35 PM

It's definitely another place to find them. You should find them twisted together at the base of the B-pillar and running to the front of the vehicle.

Chevy has been using a databus system in their trucks for several years now. This is why you have to use expensive modules when you upgrade the head unit.

I did read once that it is possible to add a remote turn on to those decks, but I haven't tried it. So use this tip at your own risk. But apparently if in the factory harness you move 2 pins over from the constant wire (large orange wire in the top row) and insert a wire in the open hole it will provide you with a remote turn on. If you do try this, be sure to fuse it.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Kephart View Post

It's definitely another place to find them. You should find them twisted together at the base of the B-pillar and running to the front of the vehicle.

Chevy has been using a databus system in their trucks for several years now. This is why you have to use expensive modules when you upgrade the head unit.

I did read once that it is possible to add a remote turn on to those decks, but I haven't tried it. So use this tip at your own risk. But apparently if in the factory harness you move 2 pins over from the constant wire (large orange wire in the top row) and insert a wire in the open hole it will provide you with a remote turn on. If you do try this, be sure to fuse it.

i wonder where they run them at? I havent seen anything going down the sides at the bottom
Old 10-10-2007, 07:23 PM

There should be a small harness of wires coming down the B pillar. They go into the rear doors. They should run from there along the door sill to the front of the vehicle.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:28 PM

Radio 12v red/white + radio harness
Radio Ground black - radio harness
Radio Ignition (GMLAN Serial Data)
Radio Illumination yellow (dimmer) + radio harness
Factory Amp Turn-on same as power antenna wire
Power Antenna white + radio harness
LF Speaker +/- tan - gray +,- radio harness or amplifier
Notes: If equipped, the amplifier is under the rear of the center console.

At the amplifier, the left subwoofer wires are dk. blue/white (+) - lt. green/black (-). The right subwoofer wires are dk. green (+) - lt. blue/black (-).
RF Speaker +/- lt. green - dk. green +,- radio harness or amplifier
LR Speaker +/- brown - yellow +,- radio harness or amplifier
RR Speaker +/- dk. blue - lt. blue +,- radio harness or amplifier

This information is a reference only. Always verify all circuits by using a DVM.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:34 PM

the easiest way to do what you want is to grab the signal right at the speakers. I would choose the rear speakers since more than likely the sub is going in the back.

like stevan said, use the brown accessory wire in the ignition harness for your amp turn-on. I havent worked on an 07 but if its anything like the older models you just have to pop off the panel under the steering column (two screws at the bottom, clips at the top) and the brown wire will be in plain sight. the ignition harness will be secured to some metal in the dash by a little white pressure clip. If you use a screw-driver or a panel popper or something to pop out that clip, you can pull the ignition harness out to where you can have easier access to the wire you need. Hope that wasnt too confusing