Seeking advice on Camcorder Purchase - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-06-2008, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm helping a friend put together a proposal to purchase a digital video camera and was hoping someone here could point me in the right direction. The camcorder would be used by her business, which helps care for disabled children. Her description of her needs is as follows:

" I am putting together a proposal to buy a new digital video camera (also would take still photos) and am wondering if you could recommend which type you think would be best. We want it to be able to tape, then somehow have that recording be burned onto a standard DVD to send to kids homes/new placements etc. Transferring onto a computer to burn the DVD's is the least desirable option as our computers are seriously restricted. I am thinking that hooking the camera up to a DVD player/burner directly is our ideal. Do you think we should get one that records on a flash drive? Hard drive? I am CLUELESS about this and would appreciate any thoughts!"

Turns out I'm clueless too - just someone who knows things about tech stuff in general and Digital SLR Cameras in detail. However I have no advice on her request. Can anyone here help? She would like to whole system, which includes the ability to film, review and transfer to DVD to cost less than $5k (and should include some sort of monitor.)

Update:
I've looked around and here is what I've been able to come up with:
Sony DCR-SR300C as a camera
Sony RDR-VX555 as a DVD Recorder
Do you think this would serve the purpose, or is there a better option?

Thanks!
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page