Sony HDR-SR7 Engineering Flaw. MUST SEE!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-24-2008, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone!
My ten-months old SR7 started playing tricks on me. The video becomes gerky after about 25 minutes into recording from a cold start. And it's not just on the LCD screen, it does record the footage that way as well. There are two types of gerkiness; the mild one I described above, and the extreme when video is all blurry and wavy as if it's melting. The wavy type happens outside in the sun at around 83 degree F weather. I contacted Sony and they said I must pay repair charge $240, after about 30 minutes they agreed to do it for $121.95. Yet, I am still not convinced that one must pay for repair after about ten months of use. I strongly believe this overheating issue is a SONY engineering flaw, this camcorder has new tapeless technology. I always use my electronics gently, and have been a loyal SONY customer for over twenty years, this is my third SONY camcorder, first two are PC10, and HC90. However, if they don't honor my request all I am left with is filing a lawsuit to reimburse full price of this $1,120.00 camcorder so that I can go and get a different brand that proves to be practical with tapeless technology.

I have posted the wavy - extreme gerkiness footage for you to see what I am talking about. It's on Vimeo, simply search for "innomind" user. This forum does not allow me to post a link to it since it's my first post...

Any comments are appreciated!

Thanks

Renat
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page