Old 10-11-2011, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebfrey View Post

Hi, forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask, or if this has already been addressed elsewhere - I looked all over and could not find it.

The Canon Vixia HF11 has a HDMI out port - but from what I read, it is HDMI out for *playback*. What if I am recording, and want to output as I am recording, say to a PC video capture card?

If not the HDMI port out, what do most folks use for this - does the Vixia HF11 even support it?

Thanks in advance!

-Sebastian

I do not think the HF11 supports that functionality. Firewire cameras do

I have a fever and the only cure is more Blu-Ray....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 10:01 AM

Hi guys,

I just purchased a Canon HF11 and what I'm basically using it for is to shoot video announcements. I shoot the talent in front of a green screen and I have all of the lighting bells and whistles to go with it (5 Soft box lights, etc.) and It looks good when I'm shooting, however when I get it in front of Adobe Premiere CS6 and pull out the green screen (Chroma Keying) the final product isn't as clear. Its fine and dandy in the little 4x6 player window but when I blow it up to screen size on my 24" monitor it gets all fuzzy. And the final product is supposed to go up on two huge screens at church.

Are there any settings that I'm needing to change on the HF11 that would help make the video sharper or would help reduce the fuzzines/blur after editing?

I'm running this all on a DELL Studio XPS 7100 with 16GB RAM, 1TB HD

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks
Rich
Old 10-04-2012, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrodny View Post

Hi guys,
I just purchased a Canon HF11 and what I'm basically using it for is to shoot video announcements. I shoot the talent in front of a green screen and I have all of the lighting bells and whistles to go with it (5 Soft box lights, etc.) and It looks good when I'm shooting, however when I get it in front of Adobe Premiere CS6 and pull out the green screen (Chroma Keying) the final product isn't as clear. Its fine and dandy in the little 4x6 player window but when I blow it up to screen size on my 24" monitor it gets all fuzzy. And the final product is supposed to go up on two huge screens at church.
Are there any settings that I'm needing to change on the HF11 that would help make the video sharper or would help reduce the fuzzines/blur after editing?
I'm running this all on a DELL Studio XPS 7100 with 16GB RAM, 1TB HD
Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks
Rich

Always use the highest video quality; 24mbps/MXP. Don't use the lower quality settings at all.

Avoid using "digital zoom" (optical zoom okay) and make sure you have enough lighting/but don't overexpose either.
You can add a sharpness effect and contrast in your editor to improve the look.

Some of the "fuzziness" might be from the "60i"/interlaced frame rate settings. Try "30PF" frame rate setting and see if that improves the image on your monitor. If using 30PF, in addition try the "shutter priority mode" and set it to "1/60". (See the manual on how to do that.)

Also, with the HF11, the actual footage will be slightly wider than what you see on the camera...you may want to zoom in a tiny bit to compensate for that.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:31 AM

Thanks a bunch XFWS!! will let you know how it goes...
Old 10-13-2012, 10:39 AM

Hey guys, what's a good lapel mic, wired or wireless to use with the Canon Vixia HF11? Like I've stated in my prior post I'm using it indoors and about 5-10 feet in front of the camera. I've seen some reviews on the shotgun mics and I'm not impressed. I've been using a wireless outdated AKG with the receiver, with an XLR female input connector to 3.5mm mini-plug right into the camera but I'm getting a slight hiss and possibly some interference.

Thanks in advance
Rich