Canon Vixia HF11 (Owners Thread) - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 335 Old 11-14-2008, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
NJ3118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 1,223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuceman724 View Post

I have just bought this camcorder.I want to be able to save/archive my footage to be played back in High Def without using the camcorder for playback.How is this best achieved,if at all?

Where are you playing the footage back? That really will decide how you will archive...

your best bet is to copy the entire AVCHD folder onto a hard drive or some form of memory....that will at least save the entire memory of your camera...

if your looking to archive them on CD you will need a bluray or HD DVD player to play the clips in HD when you want to watch them again..

I have a fever and the only cure is more Blu-Ray....
NJ3118 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 335 Old 11-14-2008, 07:14 PM
Newbie
 
deuceman724's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i I want to play my footage back on a full hd TV.It has mulitiple HDMI inputs and I`d like to save my footage to hard drive.I`d like to connect the hard drive directly to the TV or through a WD Media player which connects to the TV via HDMI.In a nutshell,would like to save footage on hard drive to be played back in HD without the camcorder....Thanks
deuceman724 is offline  
post #93 of 335 Old 11-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Member
 
HenryC_51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuceman724 View Post

i I want to play my footage back on a full hd TV.It has mulitiple HDMI inputs and I`d like to save my footage to hard drive.I`d like to connect the hard drive directly to the TV or through a WD Media player which connects to the TV via HDMI.In a nutshell,would like to save footage on hard drive to be played back in HD without the camcorder....Thanks

Playstaion3. That's how I do it... I keep all of my AVCHD, as well as old
HDV, videos on a 1.5TB external hard drive. I connect it to the PS3 and
play everything on my HDTV.(1080p)
HenryC_51 is offline  
post #94 of 335 Old 11-15-2008, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bigbarney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,518
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryC_51 View Post

Playstaion3. That's how I do it... I keep all of my AVCHD, as well as old
HDV, videos on a 1.5TB external hard drive. I connect it to the PS3 and
play everything on my HDTV.(1080p)

The problem with external drives and the PS3 is FAT32. The PS3 doesn't understand NTFS. I guess none of your work is more than 4gig? Or maybe you have it split up?
bigbarney is offline  
post #95 of 335 Old 11-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Member
 
HenryC_51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
when I bought my HF11 earlier this month, it was just under $999.
still have time to return it for a full refund.

imagine my surprise.... when earlier today, I found a very reputable authorized
Canon dealer that's selling the HF11 for a little under $7xx
delivered with free UPS shipping. (no tax, since I don't live in the state where the
store is located) I won't name the dealer, or the exact price, since I was
told that doing so violates AVS Forum rules. but I will say that the dealer isn't
on the East Coast... I've known the dealer for 12 years... it's in the same
state as the biggest musician's supplies company in the US.


since the store that I bought my HF11 does NOT price-match, should I
just go ahead and return it for a full refund? then purchase the HF11
from the second store? or should I wait a little more and see if threre's
a chance that the price will go down even further?(say the low $700's?)
the thing is that I'm 60% sure that the HF11 will sell below $749 come
January.... (don't ask me why...)
HenryC_51 is offline  
post #96 of 335 Old 11-16-2008, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
NJ3118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 1,223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryC_51 View Post

when I bought my HF11 earlier this month, it was just under $999.
still have time to return it for a full refund.

imagine my surprise.... when earlier today, I found a very reputable authorized
Canon dealer that's selling the HF11 for a little under $7xx
delivered with free UPS shipping. (no tax, since I don't live in the state where the
store is located) I won't name the dealer, or the exact price, since I was
told that doing so violates AVS Forum rules. but I will say that the dealer isn't
on the East Coast... I've known the dealer for 12 years... it's in the same
state as the biggest musician's supplies company in the US.


since the store that I bought my HF11 does NOT price-match, should I
just go ahead and return it for a full refund? then purchase the HF11
from the second store? or should I wait a little more and see if threre's
a chance that the price will go down even further?(say the low $700's?)
the thing is that I'm 60% sure that the HF11 will sell below $749 come
January.... (don't ask me why...)

i would wait til the last possible day to return the HF11 and then just buy the lowest price...

You have to make sure its the US version and comes complete...Some non-reputable sellers will knock off $300 but sell you the japanese version and or the US version with no accesories....it sound like this dealer is legit though...

I have a fever and the only cure is more Blu-Ray....
NJ3118 is offline  
post #97 of 335 Old 11-16-2008, 09:50 AM
Member
 
HenryC_51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ3118 View Post

it sound like this dealer is legit though...

well... I would say so... they are the biggest Canon authorized dealer
in that part of the state... run by the same family for almost 48 years
(according to the Canon USA sales reps who show up there frequently)
however, they mostly sell higher-end Canon stuff, and seem to cater to
the photography needs of the medical industry. in fact, I first heard
about them from a Canon tech support guy.
HenryC_51 is offline  
post #98 of 335 Old 11-16-2008, 03:11 PM
Senior Member
 
djgcue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 289
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryC_51 View Post

well... I would say so... they are the biggest Canon authorized dealer
in that part of the state... run by the same family for almost 48 years
(according to the Canon USA sales reps who show up there frequently)
however, they mostly sell higher-end Canon stuff, and seem to cater to
the photography needs of the medical industry. in fact, I first heard
about them from a Canon tech support guy.

HenryC, can you PM me the dealers contact information? I've been waiting to pull the trigger on repurchasing the HF11.

Thanks!
djgcue is offline  
post #99 of 335 Old 11-16-2008, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
xfws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,430
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryC_51 View Post

... it or should I wait a little more and see if threre's
a chance that the price will go down even further?(say the low $700's?)
the thing is that I'm 60% sure that the HF11 will sell below $749 come
January.... (don't ask me why...)

After the HF10 came out, it stuck in a $800-850 zone for a long time... the HF100 appeared stuck around $750.

Maybe it will different this time...

There's also Black Friday on Nov.28th and Xmas sales.
xfws is offline  
post #100 of 335 Old 11-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Senior Member
 
rttrek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Orange County,CA
Posts: 437
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgcue View Post

HenryC, can you PM me the dealers contact information? I've been waiting to pull the trigger on repurchasing the HF11.

Me too, please. A PM of this info would be appreciated.

See profile for new equipment list
rttrek is offline  
post #101 of 335 Old 11-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Member
 
Golf Nut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rttrek View Post

Me too, please. A PM of this info would be appreciated.

Me three, please. Thanks in advance!
Golf Nut is offline  
post #102 of 335 Old 11-17-2008, 03:11 AM
Newbie
 
ignatiusjrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi. I bought my HF11 two month ago and i´m very happy with it. Now i want to buy some accesories: Polarizer filter (multicoated) , Wide angle lens (0.66 or 0.7) . Please, help me with the decition. Thanks. Luca, from Brazil.
ignatiusjrk is offline  
post #103 of 335 Old 11-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Member
 
quietmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Nut View Post

Me three, please. Thanks in advance!

Me four, please! I bought my HF11 for $789 from B&H Photo of NYC last week.(phone order) But if there's an even lower price, I need to know ASAP. Anybody knows if B&H will allow returns or give me the difference back if I find a lower price?
quietmouse is offline  
post #104 of 335 Old 11-19-2008, 08:48 AM
Newbie
 
profunctional's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietmouse View Post

Me four, please! I bought my HF11 for $789 from B&H Photo of NYC last week.(phone order) But if there's an even lower price, I need to know ASAP. Anybody knows if B&H will allow returns or give me the difference back if I find a lower price?

Me five! I'm looking to pick one up this week. Thanks in advance.

Vince
profunctional is offline  
post #105 of 335 Old 11-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Member
 
sushifishman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Deerfield, IL
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been waiting to pull the plug too!
sushifishman is offline  
post #106 of 335 Old 11-19-2008, 05:35 PM
Senior Member
 
rttrek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Orange County,CA
Posts: 437
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I think you mean "pull the trigger".
Unfortunately, that claim appears to have been as troll, as there have been no PMs.
The only places advertising that low a price have a reseller rating below 1.0 (out of 10).

As my need is late January, I think I'll wait until after the holidays.

See profile for new equipment list
rttrek is offline  
post #107 of 335 Old 11-19-2008, 07:50 PM
Newbie
 
deuceman724's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just a note.I downloaded my footage from my HF-11 to my portable hard drive and then hook my hard drive up to a Western Digital TV Media Converter.This cool little device connects to your HD TV through the HDMI port.Just hook up the HF-11 to this device with a USB cable,and it plays your saved footage from your hard drive back in high definition.No need to hook up your camera and no need to burn discs.This also play`s many files applicable to WMP that might not play/burn on DVD.It was under 100.00 bucks.
deuceman724 is offline  
post #108 of 335 Old 11-19-2008, 07:52 PM
Newbie
 
deuceman724's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
CORRECTION : Hook up the hard drive to the WD TV device for play back,not the HF-11.
deuceman724 is offline  
post #109 of 335 Old 11-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Member
 
quietmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rttrek View Post

I think you mean "pull the trigger".
Unfortunately, that claim appears to have been as troll, as there have been no PMs.
The only places advertising that low a price have a reseller rating below 1.0 (out of 10).

As my need is late January, I think I'll wait until after the holidays.

I called B&H Photo this afternoon... the salesman thought I was crazy. He said that I was already getting a great deal at $789. however, he did say that if I can show him a lower price from a credible source, he'll be willing to refund me the difference. (his definition of "credible" only included J&R, BestBuy, Abes of Maine, Beach Camera)

however, I did find a Canon authorized dealer on Ebay who sells the HF11 for $869. The seller is called "Norman Camera Company" and they have 100% positive rating... plus they're listed on Canon's website(under Michigan dealers) If paying with PayPal, you can get 10% off using the Paypal 10%-off coupon code, making the final delivered price of $782. but that's still only $7 lower that what B&H Photo charged me ... not worth the trouble of returning/re-purchasing... )
quietmouse is offline  
post #110 of 335 Old 11-20-2008, 05:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
NJ3118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 1,223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietmouse View Post

I called B&H Photo this afternoon... the salesman thought I was crazy. He said that I was already getting a great deal at $789. however, he did say that if I can show him a lower price from a credible source, he'll be willing to refund me the difference. (his definition of "credible" only included J&R, BestBuy, Abes of Maine, Beach Camera)

however, I did find a Canon authorized dealer on Ebay who sells the HF11 for $869. The seller is called "Norman Camera Company" and they have 100% positive rating... plus they're listed on Canon's website(under Michigan dealers) If paying with PayPal, you can get 10% off using the Paypal 10%-off coupon code, making the final delivered price of $782. but that's still only $7 lower that what B&H Photo charged me ... not worth the trouble of returning/re-purchasing... )

B&H wont accept the price with paypal coupons...i had the same issue already with an amazon coupon code with a shotgun mic...they told me that the coupon code diddnt factor in....

you got a great deal at $789 sounds like the best deal out there.....i paid $829.00 + tax for mine when it came out....enjoy the camera!!

I have a fever and the only cure is more Blu-Ray....
NJ3118 is offline  
post #111 of 335 Old 11-20-2008, 10:41 AM
Senior Member
 
rttrek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Orange County,CA
Posts: 437
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietmouse View Post

I called B&H Photo this afternoon... the salesman thought I was crazy. He said that I was already getting a great deal at $789.

How did you get that price? Their current price is $849.

See profile for new equipment list
rttrek is offline  
post #112 of 335 Old 11-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Member
 
quietmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rttrek View Post

How did you get that price? Their current price is $849.

well.... it's $849 at almost every store right now.... including Costco
and B&H Photo.

My B&H salesman gave me a little more discount because I've been ordering
stuff from him for almost 10 years.
quietmouse is offline  
post #113 of 335 Old 11-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Senior Member
 
HDgeneration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York City
Posts: 301
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Soo tell me should i get this Canon HF11 or the HV30. I will not be editing anything. i just want to record some Family Vacation footage for this Christmas 2008. I used to have a Sony dcr-trv18 that uses MiniDV and i wanted the HV30 so i can watch my old tapes on the the new HV30. So im not sure which one to get.
HDgeneration is offline  
post #114 of 335 Old 11-22-2008, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
NJ3118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 1,223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDgeneration View Post

Soo tell me should i get this Canon HF11 or the HV30. I will not be editing anything. i just want to record some Family Vacation footage for this Christmas 2008. I used to have a Sony dcr-trv18 that uses MiniDV and i wanted the HV30 so i can watch my old tapes on the the new HV30. So im not sure which one to get.

if your not going to edit and assuming you have a HDTV...get the HF11 -

I have a fever and the only cure is more Blu-Ray....
NJ3118 is offline  
post #115 of 335 Old 11-23-2008, 04:33 AM
Senior Member
 
HDgeneration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York City
Posts: 301
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ3118 View Post

if your not going to edit and assuming you have a HDTV...get the HF11 -

yeah i have a HDTV. So how is the picture quality on the HF11 compared to the HV30?
HDgeneration is offline  
post #116 of 335 Old 11-23-2008, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
NJ3118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 1,223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDgeneration View Post

yeah i have a HDTV. So how is the picture quality on the HF11 compared to the HV30?

Well the most glaring is the HDV vs AVCHD format...
- Meaning HDV right now is easier to edit (but you say your not going to be editing so I feel that AVCHD is superior in PQ, and so do many others, when comparing AVCHD 24Mbps to HDV Tape Based Footage)
-the HF11/10/100 all have a better processor then the HV30/20 line...Also a better CMOS chip for the hf11 ( HV30 1/2.7" vs HF11 1/3.2" )

I could go on I would check out camcorderinfo.com to check out both of them..but heres the bottom line

Consider this....you probably will have to burn your footage to DVD or upload the file structure onto a hard drive to store your video with the hf11

With the HV30 you have tapes that your footage is stored on....personally I like the Solid State or Flash memory way better....i find it easier to transport and view anywhere....

" The Canon HV30 records to standard MiniDV tapes, the same kind in use on standard definition DV camcorders. MiniDV tapes are readily available in most stores that carry any kind of blank (Specs, Recent News, ) media. In HDV mode, a single tape holds 60 minutes of video. In DV mode, SP quality holds 60 minutes and LP quality holds 90 minutes.


"
MiniDV tapes have advantages and disadvantages over competing media. Tape is slightly more likely to survive a drop than DVD, but less than solid state, and about the same as an HDD. Tape, like DVD, is an instant archived and easily replaceable. However, tape holds far more video than DVD (60 minutes versus an average 20 minutes). HDD has the highest capacity ranging from seven to eighty hours, depending on capacity and quality settings.

Editing (7.0)
Editing HDV footage is the easiest of any consumer high definition footage, mainly because HDV has been around longer than competing formats AVCHD and JVC’s MPEG-2 transport stream. You’ll need a fairly robust computer to work with any HD footage, but not as much as you’d need to work with AVCHD. "

I have a fever and the only cure is more Blu-Ray....
NJ3118 is offline  
post #117 of 335 Old 11-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Newbie
 
kev62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkasted View Post

I was thinking about getting this camcorder (hf10) for a video project I will be working on. Will I be able to make a movie with this (35 mins or so) and burn it on DVD? Do I need blu ray burning capabilities to use this?

G'day,

I'll be getting my HF11 the second week of December and I noticed that the December issue of the Australian PCUser magazine has upgraded its DVD tool to now create and burn AVCHD HD video to standard blank DVDs with a standard DVD burner. Of course you have to play back in a Blu-ray player/PS3. The name of the tool is "PC User DVD-HD 2009". you also need tsMuxeR and ImgBurn.

The instuctions on the PCUser disk and magazine (written and video), are easy to follow and I'm champing at the bit to try it out.

= Kev =
kev62 is offline  
post #118 of 335 Old 11-24-2008, 05:11 PM
Senior Member
 
HDgeneration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York City
Posts: 301
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ3118 View Post

Well the most glaring is the HDV vs AVCHD format...
- Meaning HDV right now is easier to edit (but you say your not going to be editing so I feel that AVCHD is superior in PQ, and so do many others, when comparing AVCHD 24Mbps to HDV Tape Based Footage)
-the HF11/10/100 all have a better processor then the HV30/20 line...Also a better CMOS chip for the hf11 ( HV30 1/2.7" vs HF11 1/3.2" )

I could go on I would check out camcorderinfo.com to check out both of them..but heres the bottom line

Consider this....you probably will have to burn your footage to DVD or upload the file structure onto a hard drive to store your video with the hf11

With the HV30 you have tapes that your footage is stored on....personally I like the Solid State or Flash memory way better....i find it easier to transport and view anywhere....

" The Canon HV30 records to standard MiniDV tapes, the same kind in use on standard definition DV camcorders. MiniDV tapes are readily available in most stores that carry any kind of blank (Specs, Recent News, ) media. In HDV mode, a single tape holds 60 minutes of video. In DV mode, SP quality holds 60 minutes and LP quality holds 90 minutes.


"
MiniDV tapes have advantages and disadvantages over competing media. Tape is slightly more likely to survive a drop than DVD, but less than solid state, and about the same as an HDD. Tape, like DVD, is an instant archived and easily replaceable. However, tape holds far more video than DVD (60 minutes versus an average 20 minutes). HDD has the highest capacity ranging from seven to eighty hours, depending on capacity and quality settings.

Editing (7.0)
Editing HDV footage is the easiest of any consumer high definition footage, mainly because HDV has been around longer than competing formats AVCHD and JVC's MPEG-2 transport stream. You'll need a fairly robust computer to work with any HD footage, but not as much as you'd need to work with AVCHD. "

cool so i guess i will be getting the HF10 or the HF11 or if i decide to change my mind i will go with the HV30. Such a hard decision. Lets see i wont be editing anything. I want a future proof system. Tapes are going to die soon. Okay so if i get the HF11 where do i store my videos? When i store them into the computer can i erase the ones on my Camcorder to make more room? Thanks.
HDgeneration is offline  
post #119 of 335 Old 11-24-2008, 06:03 PM
osv
AVS Special Member
 
osv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,047
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
you copy the videos from the camera to the computer, and then erase the camera.

or, as sd cards keep getting cheaper and cheaper, you simply record straight to the sd card instead of the internal memory of the hf11, and save the sd card as backup.
osv is offline  
post #120 of 335 Old 11-25-2008, 08:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
gljvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,216
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got this for $700 before taxes from best buy with my friends employee discount .

Just two questions . Whats a good modestly priced wide angle lens and whats a good modestly priced uv filter. I think that and a bag are really all I need for this camera rigt now. I'm basicly going to use it for my future nephew (who is coming in febuary ) and before I go to florida in april I will buy an extra battery. Oh I guess a third question is , where is the best place to buy the battery charger ?
gljvd is offline  
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off