canon vixia hf-10 to sony bravia via mini hdmi . please help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 10-08-2008, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i get a dark screen on both tvs when i connect the hf 10 with the mini hdmi . i tried everything , please help me find the solution . component works fine , but when i connect the mini hdmi to the camera , i get no reaction : no little icon , audio keeps coming out of the camera's speakers , etc . it's like it doesnt even sense the cable is in . can the camera be at fault ?? the mini hdmi is the $17 extreme hdmi , but even a cheap cable should produce something other than a blank tv screen i guess . please please help with this . thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-08-2008, 02:06 PM
osv
AVS Special Member

have you looked at the tv menu to see if it requires manually selecting the hdmi input? i'd think that it was autosensing, tho.
post #3 of 8 Old 10-08-2008, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

there's nothing to set in the tv menu . the blu-ray player and the hd cable box work fine , and i just plugged them in . how much better is the picture via HDMI compared to the component cable anyway ?? maybe i'm stressing over nothing .
post #4 of 8 Old 10-09-2008, 10:50 AM
osv
AVS Special Member

it would probably be a signal input selection on your tv remote.

i've read claims that it's very difficult to tell between component and hdmi, fwiw... but that could be dependant on all kinds of things.

i couldn't find anything in my hf11 manual that would help with this situation.

since our cameras are practically identical, i'm kind of wondering about this... i haven't tried hdmi playback yet, i don't have the proper cable.
post #5 of 8 Old 11-27-2008, 02:28 PM

Did anyone find a solution to this issue? I had same problem, and I went through all the options for selecting inputs on the sony bravia hdtv. I even did inputs option asking the sony to find all hdmi input devices, and it sees only the cable box on hdmi1. It won't see my canon camcorder on either the hdmi2 or hdmi3 inputs, either by searching for inputs, or when I specifically set it to view one of those hdmi inputs. The screen remains blank as if there is nothing connected to it.

The only hint I've found is in the Canon user manual on page 81 that says, "Depending on the HDTV, correct playbck of personal video content may not be possible using connection {A} (the hdmi). Try one of the other connections.

This is VERY disappointing, as I specifically bought the cable for this purpose, and was really hoping to show hd video straight to the tv.

Anyone have any other ideas, or is this just a Sony vs. Canon incompatibility?
post #6 of 8 Old 12-08-2008, 10:19 AM

on my recently purchased Onkyo 705 OR Sharp Aquos (LC52D64U)52" direct HDMI inputs. I know ALL the inputs on my Onkyo TX-SR705 work. I WAS presenting this turkey to my beloved wife on her 60th birthday today, and Blewie!, Nothing to show or give her.

I am so upset I can't see straight. HD-fu)_)(*king-MI 1.3 is HD-f)(+)(*ing-MI- 1.3.

Canon, you are about to be put on my permanent sh*t list....IF after traveling 30 miles to the nearest city with HDTV's on display, I find that I still have problems (maybe it was the cable...(I highly doubt it))......(o&^%T*&^$#$@^@!!!!!!

...sorry, but it's getting harder to tolerate incompetence and half measures as I grow older.

Chas
post #7 of 8 Old 12-08-2008, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesynergy View Post

on my recently purchased Onkyo 705 OR Sharp Aquos (LC52D64U)52" direct HDMI inputs. I know ALL the inputs on my Onkyo TX-SR705 work. I WAS presenting this turkey to my beloved wife on her 60th birthday today, and Blewie!, Nothing to show or give her.

I am so upset I can't see straight. HD-fu)_)(*king-MI 1.3 is HD-f)(+)(*ing-MI- 1.3.

Canon, you are about to be put on my permanent sh*t list....IF after traveling 30 miles to the nearest city with HDTV's on display, I find that I still have problems (maybe it was the cable...(I highly doubt it))......(o&^%T*&^$#$@^@!!!!!!

...sorry, but it's getting harder to tolerate incompetence and half measures as I grow older.

Chas

I feel you..but blaming canon for something you dont know if its even their fault yet isnt right...

I bought a $2.00 mini HDMI from monoprice and it works flawlessly on both my Aquos and my parents Samsung DLP.

two things could be wrong:
The Mini HDMI port is faulty
OR
Your TV/Receiever/Inputs are not correct

I have a fever and the only cure is more Blu-Ray....
post #8 of 8 Old 12-08-2008, 11:24 AM

I have a Sony 46 XBR5 and I have no problems hooking up my HF11 via HDMI - HDMI mini cable. Mine is connected to the HDMI 3 slot on the back of the XBR. I also purchased my cable from Monoprice.

Not sure what Bravia you have, but on mine, its a little strange, HDMI Inputs 1 and 3 are in the back of the unit, and HDMI input 2 is on the side of the unit. When I first connected the HF11, I didn't get a feed, because I assumed HDMI Input 3 was 2 in the back and I assigned HDMI 2 to the HF11 when it should have been 3.
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page