Canon HV10 Firewire problems - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-18-2008, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, hope someone can help. I have an HV10 and I have been connecting via Firewire to my computer and using HDVSplit to transfer videos without any problems. Well, once I got everything up and running. However, I'm on tape number 8 now, and my computer (XP) doesn't seem to be recognizing my HV10 anymore. I transferred tape number 7 about a month and a half ago, and a week or two ago I tried tape 8. I haven't been able to get it to work.

Here's what I've tried so far. Update the Firewire driver. Didn't find an update. Uninstall and reinstall the driver. Do a system restore, for whatever reason my computer is only letting my go back to Nov 6. So either the system restore isn't helping or I can't go back far enough.

I don't have another computer to try, but the HV10 still connects fine with my DVD recorder.

When I check through the Device Manager, it seems to think "This device is working properly."

So I don't know what's going on. Any suggestions? I don't have anything else that connects via Firewire. Unless I can connect my computer and dvd recorder, but that'd be a big hassle. I'll probably try taking my HV10 over to a friends to see if it connects over there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-20-2008, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Never mind, I finally figured it out. I had been in and out of my case a bit and I guess I pulled the connector slightly ajar. I pushed it back in and I'm back in business now.
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page