New Sanyo HD camcorders 1920x1080 60p - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 791 Old 03-31-2009, 02:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
The IS will be it's weakness (camcorderinfo.com has already indicated that the HD2000 didn't do well in the yet-to-be-published stabilization tests), but hopefully will be okay for most of my purposes. I don't plan on shooting from horseback, but can see filming a time or two from a boat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 791 Old 03-31-2009, 07:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Mine was shipped today!!! FH1 that is. Does any one know if buy.com will price match cause i paid about 20$ more for it yesterday!
post #93 of 791 Old 04-01-2009, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleflip18 View Post

Mine was shipped today!!! FH1 that is. Does any one know if buy.com will price match cause i paid about 20$ more for it yesterday!

Same here. I called buy.com after placing the order from them to get the cheaper price. They said that the place selling through them they cannot match the price, if it would be sold directly through buy.com than they could price match... confussed...
post #94 of 791 Old 04-01-2009, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Although I'm a stranger to camcorders, I'm very familiar with editing video. I tried opening a couple of the FH1 samples in Videostudio X2 and it just popped up errors about the file. I haven't tried any of the other programs I normally use to play with video, but was wondering if any of you had any luck editing some of the sample video out there. If so, what software did you use (Windows based)? I just want to find out firsthand how intensive 60p editing will be.

Suburbia: where trees are cut down and streets are named after them.
Flickr photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nvsteve/sets/
post #95 of 791 Old 04-01-2009, 09:43 AM
osv
AVS Special Member

a lot of the hmc150 guys are editing 720/60p, fwiw.
post #96 of 791 Old 04-01-2009, 09:48 AM

does the fh1 come with any software and cables, or are all those things "extra"... ??

i am also intrigued by this camera... for "family" videos, this little camcorder seems to give the best bang for the buck.....
post #97 of 791 Old 04-01-2009, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by osv View Post

a lot of the hmc150 guys are editing 720/60p, fwiw.

It's the 1080/60p I'm concerned with.

post #98 of 791 Old 04-01-2009, 03:13 PM

does Sanyo let you zoom while filming? I've noticed some other models didn't allow this
post #99 of 791 Old 04-01-2009, 07:20 PM
CKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabes35 View Post

does Sanyo let you zoom while filming? I've noticed some other models didn't allow this

are u serious?

I thought that only happens to camera, not camcorder?
post #100 of 791 Old 04-01-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:

if you would look back at the two threads started on this camcorder, there are video submissions and hyperlinks that show video being zoomed in and out. The
answer to your question is yes.
post #101 of 791 Old 04-01-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVboy View Post

Although I'm a stranger to camcorders, I'm very familiar with editing video. I tried opening a couple of the FH1 samples in Videostudio X2 and it just popped up errors about the file. I haven't tried any of the other programs I normally use to play with video, but was wondering if any of you had any luck editing some of the sample video out there. If so, what software did you use (Windows based)? I just want to find out firsthand how intensive 60p editing will be.

I am not a professional editor, but the video from the Sanyo 2000 has played in Nero 9, and VLC player. I haven't tried footage from the FH1 . If they are basically the same camcorder, maybe something is bad with the submission?
post #102 of 791 Old 04-02-2009, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elifino View Post

I am not a professional editor, but the video from the Sanyo 2000 has played in Nero 9, and VLC player. I haven't tried footage from the FH1 . If they are basically the same camcorder, maybe something is bad with the submission?

I haven't had any problem playing the video, just editing it. I just haven't had the time to mess around with it any more, but hopefully in the next week. The only caveat for me is if editing the video ends up being pure hell, then there is no point in getting the camcorder. I'm only going to be using the thing for vacation & travel footage, but the very last thing I want is hours of unedited (boring) video that nobody will want to watch.

post #103 of 791 Old 04-02-2009, 07:23 AM

Hi,

Does anyone know if VPC-HD2000 and/or VPC-FH1 can be put in a setup in which:

- the high resolution (1080p60) video goes directly to HDMI while not recording.
- the video is NOT recorded to SD/SDHC cards (pass through the camcorder to the HDMI) while using the HDMI output.
- the camcorder is connected to an AC adapter
- the camcorder can be turned on for an unlimited period of time (relying on the AC adapter)

And bonus features for this setup include:

- the high resolution live video goes to the HDMI output uncompressed
- the uncompressed data enable to bypass the 24/26 Mbps limitation.

I have read the manual at

http://www.sanyo.de/produkte_daten/d...era_GB_1_E.pdf

But I'd like a feedback from someone with hands on experience and, preferentially about the VPC-HF1 camcorder, since its horizontal form factor allows to use HDMI and a tripod at same time.

Thanks in advance,

Hyperluz
post #104 of 791 Old 04-02-2009, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Another take on the HD2000: http://www.photographyblog.com/revie...cti_hd2000.php

post #105 of 791 Old 04-02-2009, 09:03 AM

I was seriously looking at the new Canon Vixia HFS100 and the HF200. During my research I stumbled upon these new Sanyo Xacti models. Can it really be that the Sanyo's are nearly as good as the Canon's for approximately half the price?

One thing I have noticed in my research that has not yet been mentioned in this forum is that the Sanyo VPC-HD2000 has headphone output and microphone input. The VPC-FH1 does not seem to have these 2 features.

I found this post at another site:

---
The main difference between the two according to Sanyo's website is the the "Lens" Flash and size of LCD screen. The sensors do share the same specs. but since no model number is given, it's hard if they are.

VPC-FH1 lens:

= 5.95 - 59.5mm F= 2.0(wide - 2.8 (tele) Auto Focus 9 groups, 12 elements(4 aspheric elements, 8 aspheric surfaces) Built-in ND filter

Flash GN= 4.0, Approx. 50cm to 4.0m (wide), Approx. 80cm to 2.9m (tele)

LCD: 3-inch

VPC-HD2000 lens:

= 6.3- 63.0mm F= 1.8(wide - 2.5 (tele) Auto Focus 8 groups, 11 elements(3 aspheric elements, 5 aspheric surfaces) Built-in ND filter

Flash: GN= 6.2 Approx. 20cm to 6.0 (wide)Approx. 80cm to 5.0 (tele)

LCD: 2.7 inch

In "old school" 35mm photography, the more groups and elements used usually ment the higher the quality of the lens. If this holds ture in digital photography and between the VPC-FH1 and the VPC-HD2000. Than it looks like the VPC-FH1 at $100 less would be the better buy, better lens in theory and larger LCD
---

Anything else different between these two models?

Is anyone selling the HD2000 in the US? It seem only the FH1 is available.
post #106 of 791 Old 04-02-2009, 09:06 AM

Of course photographyblog ignores the obvious, yet it wasn't long ago that a point-n-shoot cost that much, for a lot less quality (and its' 'video' mode was a thumbnail-sized 15fps without sound).
post #107 of 791 Old 04-02-2009, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elifino View Post

Of course photographyblog ignores the obvious, yet it wasn't long ago that a point-n-shoot cost that much, for a lot less quality (and its' 'video' mode was a thumbnail-sized 15fps without sound).

No doubt. I just found it strange that a photo blog would review a camcorder. IMO, camcorders have a looooong way to go before they achieve true photographic potential.

From what I can tell, both of the Sanyo models have internal slots for batteries. That means one can't buy one of the beefy brick sized batteries for extra capacity, such as with the Canons. I'm sure a 3rd party will introduce something, but the gains would be miniscule compared to a physically larger battery.

post #108 of 791 Old 04-02-2009, 02:23 PM
osv
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It's the 1080/60p I'm concerned with.

the 1080/60p bitrate is close to 24Mbps avchd, but with less compression, so it could be easier to edit than avchd is.

the real question is how the editor is going to blend 60p into 30p, because there aren't too many hdtvs out there that can play 60p back as full 60p.

will the editor drop every other frame? what will happen to the total resolution when the frames are combined? 30i has the same overall resolution as 30p, if the frames are combined correctly.
post #109 of 791 Old 04-02-2009, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

the 1080/60p bitrate is close to 24Mbps avchd, but with less compression, so it could be easier to edit than avchd is.

the real question is how the editor is going to blend 60p into 30p, because there aren't too many hdtvs out there that can play 60p back as full 60p.

will the editor drop every other frame? what will happen to the total resolution when the frames are combined? 30i has the same overall resolution as 30p, if the frames are combined correctly.

Good points, and exactly why I've been wanting to play around with the handful of samples I've downloaded. The same thoughts have been going through my mind.

post #110 of 791 Old 04-02-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperluz View Post

Hi,

I have read the manual at

http://www.sanyo.de/produkte_daten/d...era_GB_1_E.pdf

Hyperluz

Thank you for providing the link to the users manual. The Xacti uses a special version of Nero 8, but implies its not interchangeable with the commercial version of the same edition
post #111 of 791 Old 04-03-2009, 07:50 AM

it was posted on the below link that the HD2000 won't be available in the US until June:

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content...iew-36280.htm#
post #112 of 791 Old 04-03-2009, 08:31 AM

I downloaded the HD2000 1920x1080P samples and my computer runs them @ 28-30fps.

Anyone able to run 1920x1080 @ 60 frames per second?

I might have to upgrade my PC to get 60fps @ full resolution or is it Quicktime CODEC problem?

I have a Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor with 4 gigs of ram.
BIOSTAR P35D2-A7 LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard .
post #113 of 791 Old 04-03-2009, 08:33 AM

can someone straighten me out on my concerns about format editing etc. etc...I read the threads on AVCHD format, the difficulty in editing (and I will be a heavy editor) and it concerns me...

so the Sanyo line promises the following:

:Highly advanced MPEG4 AVC/H.264 video compression
This feature optimizes the file size and makes sharing movies on social networking sites, or e-mailing them to friends and family, even easier. In fact, the file size can be up to 25 percent smaller than that of typical MPEG-4 cameras.

To accomplish the complexity of encoding AVC/H.264 in real-time on the FH1, a dedicated H.264 video compression IC was incorporated into the camera that was designed specifically for portable consumer devices. This achieves high video quality while simultaneously reducing the system power consumption.:

so I think, we'll sure I'd love the quality I see out of the Canons...but I could settle for less if the Sanyo is that much easier to edit, hell of a lot cheaper than Canon, and likely would not require the purchase of a new pc as well...but I'm just not sure that is the case. Both cams say Mpeg4, what is Sanyo doing that will reduce the headaches of AVCHD editing so much????
post #114 of 791 Old 04-03-2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:

can someone straighten me out on my concerns about format editing etc. etc...I read the threads on AVCHD format, the difficulty in editing (and I will be a heavy editor) and it concerns me...

This feature optimizes the file size and makes sharing movies on social networking sites, or e-mailing them to friends and family, even easier. In fact, the file size can be up to 25 percent smaller than that of typical MPEG-4 cameras.

To accomplish the complexity of encoding AVC/H.264 in real-time on the FH1, a dedicated H.264 video compression IC was incorporated into the camera that was designed specifically for portable consumer devices. This achieves high video quality while simultaneously reducing the system power consumption.:

so I think, we'll sure I'd love the quality I see out of the Canons...but I could settle for less if the Sanyo is that much easier to edit, hell of a lot cheaper than Canon, and likely would not require the purchase of a new pc as well...but I'm just not sure that is the case. Both cams say Mpeg4, what is Sanyo doing that will reduce the headaches of AVCHD editing so much????

The AVCHD editing has been really easy for me.

Example:

I shot a 6 hour video of my band practicing 25 songs.

I used a Canon HF100 and set it to 17mbs high quality and plugged it into the wall and just let it run until the 16gb card filled up.

I got home and dragged and dropped the 6 hour video into Vegas Pro 8. after a minute it was ready. I edited the video down to 2 hours with about 22 songs, did a chapter edit, adjusted the sound, color, brightness, scrolls, etc.... Rendered the video to DVD NTSC and burned 5 copies(bandmates) the whole process took about 3 hours.

I've been 100% satisfied with AVCHD.

My computer is a duo core 2 E6750 4 gigs ram Windows XP Sony Vegas Pro 8
post #115 of 791 Old 04-03-2009, 10:04 AM
osv
AVS Special Member

Quote:

a lot of what you quoted there is marketing doublespeak that applies to all of these little camcorders.

i don't think that sanyo is reducing the headaches of editing all that much, but it is using a less compressed version of h.264 than what is used in avchd... to be clear, both the sanyo and avchd use the h.264 codec.

download the sanyo samples and get your editing workflow established before you get the camcorder... avchd works fine for me, because i use an intermediate codec.
post #116 of 791 Old 04-03-2009, 10:07 AM
osv
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericvonzipper View Post

I downloaded the HD2000 1920x1080P samples and my computer runs them @ 28-30fps.

Anyone able to run 1920x1080 @ 60 frames per second?

I might have to upgrade my PC to get 60fps @ full resolution or is it Quicktime CODEC problem?

I have a Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor with 4 gigs of ram.
BIOSTAR P35D2-A7 LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard .

i also have a 6750 cpu, and the nero player says that it's playing back at 60fps... or it least that's what it says the file is, anyway.

the 6750 is too slow for full speed playback without an accelerated player like nero, or the coreavc pro codec inside of a media player like windows media player classic.
post #117 of 791 Old 04-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

...From what I can tell, both of the Sanyo models have internal slots for batteries. That means one can't buy one of the beefy brick sized batteries for extra capacity, such as with the Canons. I'm sure a 3rd party will introduce something, but the gains would be miniscule compared to a physically larger battery.

The FH1 comes with a 1900 mAh DB-L50 battery. You can find 2200mAh DB-L50 clones that probably fit the same. I bought a 1900 mAh Synergy Digital DB-L50 clone and it seems to work fine, although I haven't tried it for a long period.

The battery on the FH1 is on the bottom under a removable battery cover. Maybe a deeper battery would fit if all other dimensions were the same and you left the battery cover off.
post #118 of 791 Old 04-03-2009, 03:21 PM
CKS

is there a difference in video quality between FH1 and HD2000?

looking at the spec and what ploop said, loos like FH1 has the upper hand.
post #119 of 791 Old 04-03-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:

a lot of what you quoted there is marketing doublespeak that applies to all of these little camcorders.

i don't think that sanyo is reducing the headaches of editing all that much, but it is using a less compressed version of h.264 than what is used in avchd... to be clear, both the sanyo and avchd use the h.264 codec.

download the sanyo samples and get your editing workflow established before you get the camcorder... avchd works fine for me, because i use an intermediate codec.

i guess what i'm still not understanding is: does the Sanyo convert the media to something I can just drag and drop and edit? or, does it, like the Canon, require a timely conversion from avchd to mpeg
post #120 of 791 Old 04-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

i guess what i'm still not understanding is: does the Sanyo convert the media to something I can just drag and drop and edit? or, does it, like the Canon, require a timely conversion from avchd to mpeg

The Sanyo saves as a single .mp4 file (unlike avchd) that can be dragged and dropped. It opens in Vegas and seems to be editable, but I am new to this and don't know what I'm doing yet.
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page