Zoom Issues in Canon HG20 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-25-2009, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had my Canon Vixia HG20for about a week and love it! However, I did something (or something broke) with the zoom. I've messed with all the settings and can't seem to get it fixed. The zooming feature all of a sudden because very slow, expecially when trying to zoom out. Zoom in moves at its usual quick pace, but if I go to zoom back out, it is like a snail crawling. I tried pressing the reset buttom, thinking it might take it back to the factory defaults, but it didn't. Any help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-25-2009, 10:26 AM
osv
AVS Special Member

there is a setting that locks the zoom speed, but i thought that it locked the speed for both zooming in and zooming out?? but i've never tried it.

look that setting up in your manual, eliminate it as a possibility first.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-25-2009, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

I can't find anything. I've went through the manual. I've messed with the zoom speeds (1, 2, 3) and that adjusts. I can control the zoom in speed to fast, but the zoom out won't change. I figured they were tied together? Could it be a physical problem with the camera? Its only a week ok?
post #4 of 7 Old 01-25-2009, 11:19 AM
osv
AVS Special Member

i thought that zoom in/zoom out was tied together as well, i'm inclined to think that there is a problem with your camcorder, but we need to eliminate the zoom lock function as an issue.

i think that it's listed under "zoom speed" in the index of your manual, please let us know what you find... and turn off digital zoom, while you are at it, because it severely degrades the picture quality.

post #5 of 7 Old 01-25-2009, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

I have the digital off, have messed with the zoom speeds (Variable, 1, 2, 3) and nothing helps the zoom out slowness. Nothing in the manual says anything about 'locking'. I guess I'll try to return, if the store has any to switch out.
Thanks for the help
post #6 of 7 Old 01-25-2009, 11:44 AM
osv
AVS Special Member

those zoom speeds are the zoom locks, you want to set the camera to variable zoom.

if you set a zoom speed in the menu, does it work for both zoom in and zoom out.

post #7 of 7 Old 01-25-2009, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider43082 View Post

I can't find anything. I've went through the manual. I've messed with the zoom speeds (1, 2, 3) and that adjusts. I can control the zoom in speed to fast, but the zoom out won't change. I figured they were tied together? Could it be a physical problem with the camera? Its only a week ok?

If you can bring it/send it back to the store where you got it - tell them and get another one.

If, for some reason, you can't return it - then contact Canon and start the warranty process -as they'll fix it for you.
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page