Official Sanyo FH1/ FH1A/ HD2000 owners thread - Page 20 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #571 of 592 Old 01-02-2011, 04:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry to disrupt the conversation like this but I was wondering if anyone knows if there are small camera bags for tiny camera's like the FH1. All the camera bags in the local stores here in Belgium could fit 5 of these Sanyo FH1's and I'm just looking for a small bag that can hold the FH1 (only 1) and 2-3 extra batteries.

If anyone knows about a good brand or anything, please let me know!

Edit:

I think I might just have found the one :X

http://www.amazon.co.uk/DURAGADGET-r...3969955&sr=8-8

Other proposals are welcome though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 592 Old 01-02-2011, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
If you want 60fps output, using -r 60000/1001 instead of -r 30000/1001 should allow that. On my earlier posted command line. The last one before the output file. With relation to ffmpeg. Ffmpeg is sensitive to parameter order. Those before the input file are in relation to the input file. Those after the input file and before the output file reference the output file(s).

The pairing of mplayer and ffmpeg is that mplayer uses a copy of the libs from ffmpeg (if you compile from source). But in general the ffmpeg libs are the NEWER version of said libs. Various tricks to swap and compile or just compile mplayer first as long as libs are shared (default). But bear in mind that there might be duplicate libs and ffmpeg grabs them in a sorted fashion, which generally results in the oldest lib being grabbed first. So you want to avoid multiple versions of libs with relation to ffmpeg in /usr/lib/ or where ever you might have them on your system / OS. It can be a real pain if you don't have a new enough version of ffmpeg to suit your needs.

-----

As far as bags? Crown royal bag over the camcorder. And one of those jogger hip bags. We always called them butt bags, not sure of the actual terminology. I used to wear one when riding a bicycle. And they were popular (sort of) in the 90's. After some googling it looks like waist bag is the modern name.

http://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Invisible-Pattern-Water-Repellent/dp/B001643D2G/ref=sr_1_3?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1293979778&sr=1-3&searchContext=B001FB969Y,B000O8YKDG,B001643D2G,B000E5AZD8,B0 00UPKPGY,B000P56KD6,B003XO6YJQ,B001I4EGNO,B003SK8GIM,B002NFK FNW,B003NAM782,B001TQTWGW,B001I4CC6W,B000OZCAU4,B001I4EJBS,B 0018BTLEQ,B000P56KEU,B001MTUJRM,B001I4J8C8,B001I4GCNG,B000UZ 5YMY,B003L20RLG,B0047P2M5A,B001T4ME00

I had/have a cow print one that I used when riding a bicycle. Which was great until I was riding the river walk and some mentally challenged kid started yelling out moo moo and started to chase after me. Ultimately tripping and hurting himself in the process. About a half mile later I realized he was after me and referencing my bag, not my weight. Oops.
post #573 of 592 Old 01-23-2011, 04:49 PM

Was browsing for HD camcorders a couple of weeks back and stumbled on one at FRYs for 79.99 which was a display item. I immediately pulled the trigger on it. Went to pick it up and it was in great shape. Of course it took them almost an hour to find it since it was not boxed and in ziplocks bags...

When I got it home I found the manuals and most of the cables were for the ZH1.
Perhaps the confusion and the reason for the low price

But I have now ordered 2 backup batteries and 2 usb cables (micro B), downloaded the FH1 manual and I am pretty much complete, short of the video cables and the software.

It did come with the mini hdmi cable and a red sanyo bag though which is an option usually so I still think I got a great deal.

I am really liking this camera. I have a lot more experimentation to do but I think the options are there to reach near perfection for most shots.

Anybody know what software is bundled with this device?

Also why is this camera impossible to find online? It appears like none of the big stores have these anymore.

Cheers,
post #574 of 592 Old 01-24-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorSardonicus View Post

Was browsing for HD camcorders a couple of weeks back and stumbled on one at FRYs for 79.99 which was a display item.... It did come with the mini hdmi cable and a red sanyo bag though which is an option usually so I still think I got a great deal.

You got a great deal!

Quote:

Anybody know what software is bundled with this device?

I have the HD2000A, and I would guess that its software is the same as that which is included in the with the FH1A. I don't use any of that software, but I would be happy to make a copy and send it to you.

Quote:

Also why is this camera impossible to find online? It appears like none of the big stores have these anymore.

I think that it is still available at Amazon.com, but I read somewhere (probably earlier in this thread) that, after Panasonic bought Sanyo, it appears Panasonic killed Sanyo's top line cameras because they compete with Panasonic cameras in the same class.
post #575 of 592 Old 05-10-2011, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

I guess I have a focus drift problem too. I just started documenting my origami habit and in macro where focus and DOF are more noticeable. It does seem to drift less if I lock it down AFTER pressing record. 2 years since this camcorder hit the streets. Still chugging for me.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DBorigami

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exiQfiI-MGI

In case anyone is interested.
post #576 of 592 Old 06-07-2011, 12:07 PM

ok..I have the VPC-FH1. Few quick questions:

I primarily record 720p (matches the tv I currently have).

1. what is the best software to edit/burn movies that can be played on a blu ray player?
2. Ill need blu ray burner??
3. Also have a ps3, these same disks will play on my ps3?

4. can hi def be burned to other media?

any help sorting this out would be appreciated..thanks

post #577 of 592 Old 08-24-2011, 08:17 AM

Just wanted to bump this thread case anybody has any other good advice for these cameras.
post #578 of 592 Old 08-24-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydermunkee View Post

ok..I have the VPC-FH1. Few quick questions:

I primarily record 720p (matches the tv I currently have).

1. what is the best software to edit/burn movies that can be played on a blu ray player?
2. Ill need blu ray burner??
3. Also have a ps3, these same disks will play on my ps3?

4. can hi def be burned to other media?

any help sorting this out would be appreciated..thanks

First off - Windows 7 is handling these files flawlessly

(it is worth it.)

Windows Media Center + PS3 will play these files back streaming to TV.
Networked, Files downstairs and playing upstairs in living room.
(watched recent films at 1280 x 720 30 fps)

Burned a DVD with Windows Live Movie Maker that will play on a DVD player

PS3 with remote control and playback in slow mo is awesome for youth sports.
post #579 of 592 Old 08-26-2011, 08:09 AM

Full HR plays back with PS3, Widows Media Player, on Windows 7 desktop.
post #580 of 592 Old 10-31-2011, 12:02 PM

I now have windows 7 and 6 gigs of ram on a laptop and it plays at 1080P 60 flawlessly , love it.
post #581 of 592 Old 09-16-2012, 03:33 PM

I keep reposting this fact that no one seems to get, but the PS3 plays back at 30fps, not 60fps. You can watch the video, but not at full framerate and with some audio issues.
post #582 of 592 Old 09-16-2012, 10:17 PM
AVS Special Member

The firmware version information is in the meta data of any "picture" taken with the FH1.

$ strings SANY####.JPG | more
(in linux to pick it out from several strings where #### is specific to the file you reference aka actual filename)

1.2.0 for what I seem to use. 5th line from above CLI command. ver1.2.0 is the string on my photos.

Not that I'm able to find any current firmware downloads for the FH1. So it is impossible to tell if I got the latest and greatest on my FH1.

http://sanyo.com/xacti/english/products/vpc_fh1/

A few pdf manuals. About all that can be had now. This thing keeps on taking a licking and keeps on ticking. One should note that the parameter specs for ffmpeg have changed pretty dramatically over the past couple years too. Libx264 is no longer with presets per say. And bitrate now needs a sub option a or v for absolute or variable I suppose. -b:v 5000k for what I generally upload to youtube. Used to be just -b 5000k. But it now complains and ignores the bitrate option if it is not the "other" way.
post #583 of 592 Old 03-03-2013, 05:14 AM

I've been reading this whole thread and it's still not clear to me if there was ever a 1.3 version released for the HD2000
Does anyone know? And if it does exist, where can I find it?

Youth is wasted on the wrong people.
post #584 of 592 Old 03-03-2013, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintcrick View Post

My FH1A stops recording in both slow motion modes (web SHR and web UHR modes) after 10 seconds. John at Sanyo USA says it should not. John said my camera is doing this because I am using a Class 6 SDHC card. He said to get a Class 4 SDHC card and that will solve the problem. I purchased a Class 4 SDHC card and still have the same problem.
Right, no-one's probably gonna read this anymore but I'm having the same problem.
I made a few high speed test recordings when I just bought my HD2000 and there was no limit to 10 seconds. Here's the proof: click
At some point I bought a new memory card for my camera (Transcend 32GB Class 10) and today I wanted to experiment with high speed recording only to discover that it stops recording after only 10 seconds.
I've got no idea which card I was using back then when I just had the camera but I did try a Class 4 and 6 SDHC now and even an old SD non-HC card and there's no difference. What can be the reason for this? I haven't updated the firmware since it came with 1.2 installed when I bought it.

Youth is wasted on the wrong people.
post #585 of 592 Old 06-10-2013, 10:50 AM

Picked up an old FH1 on craigslist to record volleyball and soccer matches. Plays back fine in latest Sony Blu-Ray player BDP-5100, but noticed my outdoor video is very "bright". Read thru this thread and have now reset the settings to the following:

ISO : 50
Aperture: 6.8
AWB: Sunny
Autofocus: Spot

Any other changes? Have games in a couple weeks and want to be ready.

Haven't checked the firmware version, but does anyone have a copy of the 1.2 firmware they can upload?

Also, will this thing do live view while you record? Doesn't seem like it allows it, as the feed goes to the viewfinder rather than out the hdmi or component.

Thanks
post #586 of 592 Old 07-16-2013, 05:08 PM

Ditto...Anyone have a copy of version 1.2 firmware for the FH1?
post #587 of 592 Old 08-25-2013, 10:46 PM

Hi,

Today, I found a firmware copy posted on a korean site: http://findnamo.tistory.com/29
I had the courage to do the never-return upgrade using this firmware, following the posted instructions.

Superficially the software 1.3 version seem to work. Over the coming days, I will try it out.
post #588 of 592 Old 11-22-2013, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshcloud9 View Post

Ditto...Anyone have a copy of version 1.2 firmware for the FH1?

I'm also looking for that firmware, the links found on several forums are all died.
Please, post a working link, thank you.

The 1.3 posted is only for HD2000, not for FH1.

Best regards,
Jok
post #589 of 592 Old 11-22-2013, 04:45 AM

Hi,

Here is the link;

First, you can read the upgrade instructions here: http://www.fixya.com/support/t6422318-firmware_sanyo_xacti_vpc_hd2000
The actual firmware is however not available any longer.

Second, you can download a copy of the firmware at the end for the phrase " s313n081.bin ": http://findnamo.tistory.com/29
I found this download of the firmware to be a working version 1.3 or 1.3.

Third, If not, I can email you a copy of this firmware file if required.

Please be aware that taking th upgrade plunge will put you at risk of no return.
post #590 of 592 Old 11-22-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsR View Post

Hi,

Here is the link;

First, you can read the upgrade instructions here: http://www.fixya.com/support/t6422318-firmware_sanyo_xacti_vpc_hd2000
The actual firmware is however not available any longer.

Second, you can download a copy of the firmware at the end for the phrase " s313n081.bin ": http://findnamo.tistory.com/29
I found this download of the firmware to be a working version 1.3 or 1.3.

Third, If not, I can email you a copy of this firmware file if required.

Please be aware that taking th upgrade plunge will put you at risk of no return.

Thanks but the firmware you suggested is for HD2000, not for FH1.

However, I'll send you a PM with my email...

Best regards,
Jok
post #591 of 592 Old 11-23-2013, 10:19 AM

Many thanks to everyone that have sent to me the 1.2 firmware for FH1 smile.gif

It works perfectly smile.gif

To update the firmware I've followed these steps (see the readme file I've included in the zip):

1) extract the file s317n077.bin to the SD card root

2) press the PLAY button, MENU button and select Format option but do not enter it

3) move the SET button to the LEFT for 2 seconds

You will see the current firmware version along with the option (YES/NO, default NO) to upgrade the firmware.
Simply press SET on YES to upgrade firmware or press the MENU button again to exit.

Here is the working link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/o4usb5mplqzv6ug/FH1_fw1.2_s317n077.zip

Best regards,
Jok
post #592 of 592 Old 01-05-2014, 03:57 PM

Just wanted to say thanks for posting the current FH1 firmware.  I have a very early FH1 (not an A) that recently lost its mind and is no longer able to focus on anything, and thought possibly reflashing and updating the 1.0.0 firmware might help.  It didn't, but I appreciate having the firmware available as I go chase down a used FH1A on eBay.

Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page