The Official Sony HDR-CX550V Owners thread - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #631 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 06:14 AM
Member
 
mibcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblitz70 View Post

Excellent input, thanks! If I recall, if you have iAuto on, it detects that you're using the tripod and activates 'tripod mode'. Did you happen to notice a tripod icon while you were testing?

I did not mention this fact, but yes you are right about the icon.

So I am guessing that the i-auto is always trying to get the best filming conditions possible, that include turning OIS to off if no movement is detected !
mibcc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #632 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
dustindu4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NH
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone else noticed that when in a low lit room, if you zoom in on something, the picture gets darker than when you're zoomed all the way out?
dustindu4 is offline  
post #633 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 07:29 AM
Member
 
dblitz70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustindu4 View Post

Has anyone else noticed that when in a low lit room, if you zoom in on something, the picture gets darker than when you're zoomed all the way out?


I would expect to see this yes. If you view the camera info on the file as you zoom in, you would probably see the aperture at minimum of 3.4, the gain and the shutter speed would change as you zoom in. The gain would top out at maybe 18db?, and the shutter speed would auto limit to 1/30th. At that point, the camera is out of options to compensate for the dark room. As you zoom in, you are getting less and less light onto the sensor as more of the image coming into the lens is going to waste.
dblitz70 is offline  
post #634 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 08:00 AM
Advanced Member
 
nahtanoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblitz70 View Post

I only have the two cameras to compare. Oh well.
The FX1 can go down to 2.8 and the CX550v could only go down to 3.4 in this example. I really should have stopped the FX-1 down to the same fstop to make it fair, sorry. My conclusion is that the CX's predilection for using gain at the drop of a hat gave this shot a lot of noise. This was a fairly well lit room, and the FX1 was able to use the ambient light far better. The CX was able to achieve a decent bokeh effect however. If the FX1 was on 3.4, it would probably be a draw in terms of Bokeh. The FX1 is 3x 1/3 ccd and the CX550v is 1x 1/2.88 cmos. I wish I had a 1/4inch CMOS to test against.

PS. Best beer I can find on the market.


I'm sure this is obvious to some, but can you help me understand how to get the best Bokeh effect on the 550v (which I still didn't get yet, but am getting soon). Do you just go down an fstop or two to narrow the filed of view, thereby blurring the background? Can you manually narrow the focus on the 550v and does it then go into auto (pretend) shutter mode (I say pretend, bc it's not a mechanical shutter but - I think - an electronic simulation of a shutter with the sensor). Would you share the light conditions and settings you used to get a decent bokeh? Not just Fstop, shutter, and light conditions, but also frame rate and transfer/recording speed (Mbps). Thanks much!!

Jonathan
nahtanoj is offline  
post #635 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
dustindu4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NH
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblitz70 View Post

I would expect to see this yes. If you view the camera info on the file as you zoom in, you would probably see the aperture at minimum of 3.4, the gain and the shutter speed would change as you zoom in. The gain would top out at maybe 18db?, and the shutter speed would auto limit to 1/30th. At that point, the camera is out of options to compensate for the dark room. As you zoom in, you are getting less and less light onto the sensor as more of the image coming into the lens is going to waste.

yeah that makes sense because when I zoomed in and switched to manual, the manual settings got more limited
dustindu4 is offline  
post #636 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 08:22 AM
Member
 
dblitz70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahtanoj View Post

I'm sure this is obvious to some, but can you help me understand how to get the best Bokeh effect on the 550v (which I still didn't get yet, but am getting soon). Do you just go down an fstop or two to narrow the filed of view, thereby blurring the background? Can you manually narrow the focus on the 550v and does it then go into auto (pretend) shutter mode (I say pretend, bc it's not a mechanical shutter but - I think - an electronic simulation of a shutter with the sensor). Would you share the light conditions and settings you used to get a decent bokeh? Not just Fstop, shutter, and light conditions, but also frame rate and transfer/recording speed (Mbps). Thanks much!!

By setting your aperture / iris to be the smallest number / widest hole, you minimize your depth of field and therefore maximize the bokeh. By distancing yourself as much as possible from the subject, as well as maximize the separation between the subject and the background, you also maximize the effect. To this end, the cx550v has the strange little feature, Tele Maco mode. It pretty much zooms all the way out, and sets the fstop low so you get the max bokeh. It's weird to use though because if you touch the zoom at all, it cancels the mode. You end up having to frame your shots by moving the camera.
Shutter does not have anything to do with bokeh. It only helps you compensate for exposure since you would have set your aperture at it's lowest setting (f3.4). As far as fiddling with your focus, it's not the best way to go. Trying to move the 'field of focus' manually so that the subject is at the back of the field is what I think you mean, but more likely than not, you'll end up with partial focus. There is only one point within the field of focus that is truly in focus. Things further or closer to that point are more or less in focus depending on your depth of field. Worry more about separating you subject from the background or choosing subjects that have good natural separation. The spot meter/focus thing is great though. Once you've set up your shot, use that feature to lock your camera onto that subject. That's a convenient little tool I like for composed shots.
Anyone else have some tips?
dblitz70 is offline  
post #637 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 08:28 AM
Advanced Member
 
nahtanoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Excellent, dblitz70! Thanks for that. I don't think I can wait any longer to order. I want to buy from B&H, but I still have a $60 credit from Amazon. Maybe I'll buy the camcorder from B&H and an extra battery from Amazon.

Does anyone that carries both a DSLR (I have a Nikon D80) and a camcorder have a suggestion for carrying them both (esp since the 550v doesn't fit in a pocket)? I may just put it into my camera bag, but I may have to sacrifice bring a lens then.

Jonathan
nahtanoj is offline  
post #638 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
dustindu4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NH
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
at least call B&H and see if they'll match amazon's price of 1099, I bet they will

or this place

http://www.centraldigital.com/Produc...0129&l=Froogle
dustindu4 is offline  
post #639 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 09:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Dave Mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 11,965
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
B+H is a good store. they often will as long as you can easily show the other price.
Dave Mack is offline  
post #640 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 09:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Dave Mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 11,965
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tingham View Post

Very Nice! I'll tell you , this cams OIS is great when walking around.

Thanks! I will probably keep the camera in manual focus mode for those types of shots as the "blister" effect can happen and ruin an otherwise good shot. The auto-iris seems good. I hope to have the stabilizer tom'w night and will do the same shots with it, with and without OIS on.
Dave Mack is offline  
post #641 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 11:59 AM
Member
 
mibcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustindu4 View Post

Has anyone else noticed that when in a low lit room, if you zoom in on something, the picture gets darker than when you're zoomed all the way out?

Yes I have noticed this, it has to do with the total light being captured by the camcorder and the adjustments it's trying to do in i-auto. Check out link 633 from dblitz70...

Check that effect on my fist video I did with my CX550:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfRdCOYUcrQ[/url]
mibcc is offline  
post #642 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Member
 
mibcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblitz70 View Post

By setting your aperture / iris to be the smallest number / widest hole, you minimize your depth of field and therefore maximize the bokeh. By distancing yourself as much as possible from the subject, as well as maximize the separation between the subject and the background, you also maximize the effect. To this end, the cx550v has the strange little feature, Tele Maco mode. It pretty much zooms all the way out, and sets the fstop low so you get the max bokeh. It's weird to use though because if you touch the zoom at all, it cancels the mode. You end up having to frame your shots by moving the camera.
Shutter does not have anything to do with bokeh. It only helps you compensate for exposure since you would have set your aperture at it's lowest setting (f3.4). As far as fiddling with your focus, it's not the best way to go. Trying to move the 'field of focus' manually so that the subject is at the back of the field is what I think you mean, but more likely than not, you'll end up with partial focus. There is only one point within the field of focus that is truly in focus. Things further or closer to that point are more or less in focus depending on your depth of field. Worry more about separating you subject from the background or choosing subjects that have good natural separation. The spot meter/focus thing is great though. Once you've set up your shot, use that feature to lock your camera onto that subject. That's a convenient little tool I like for composed shots.
Anyone else have some tips?


You have surely done some DSLR before !
mibcc is offline  
post #643 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Member
 
Secondlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustindu4 View Post

at least call B&H and see if they'll match amazon's price of 1099, I bet they will

or this place

http://www.centraldigital.com/Produc...0129&l=Froogle

FYI... This is the 64gb version for 1099.95 and not the 240gb version. You can get the 240gb version at ABES of Main for a bit cheaper and they actually lowered the price today!

http://www.abesofmaine.com/item.do?i...&id=SNHDRXR550
Secondlaw is offline  
post #644 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 12:31 PM
Member
 
Secondlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So i'm having a problem deciding between 3 cameras...

One of my choices is the XR550v. I've been reading this thread and read a bunch of things about this camera.

What I haven't seen yet is someone saying, "WOW, This camera is the BOMB!!!!" So please, help me make my decision. Is this camera everything you expected it to be. Does it take movies that you're really pleased with? Are you happy you purchased this one over some of the other ones available, and why?

Thanks
Secondlaw is offline  
post #645 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 01:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Dave Mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 11,965
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I've had mine for one day. So far there are things I like and things I wish it had. I used to be in manual mode almost all the time when I shot.
With this you can only have manual control of one feature at a time, focus, aperture etc...

I used to have a vx2000 that I paid $2400 for and it was great but the head(s) went awhile back and it would be a $5-600 repair. Also it was 4x3 SD and soon to be obsolete. I think what this camera can achieve for $1020 shipped, (Tiger Direct via Bing cashback) is pretty phenomenal. If I had $3K I would probably get something more like this...


http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Camcorder.html

but I don't so for me it was a bit of a compromise for what I would ideally have wanted and what I did get.

more impressions soon.
Dave Mack is offline  
post #646 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Member
 
Secondlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mack View Post

I've had mine for one day. So far there are things I like and things I wish it had. I used to be in manual mode almost all the time when I shot.
With this you can only have manual control of one feature at a time, focus, aperture etc...

I used to have a vx2000 that I paid $2400 for and it was great but the head(s) went awhile back and it would be a $5-600 repair. Also it was 4x3 SD and soon to be obsolete. I think what this camera can achieve for $1020 shipped, (Tiger Direct via Bing cashback) is pretty phenomenal. If I had $3K I would probably get something more like this...


http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Camcorder.html

but I don't so for me it was a bit of a compromise for what I would ideally have wanted and what I did get.

more impressions soon.

Just looked at bing cashback on tiger... still comes up as 1399.00.
Secondlaw is offline  
post #647 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Member
 
Delirious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
1129.99

http://www.camerakings.com/products/...30/HDR-XR550V/

It's where I got mine. It arrived sealed, USA model and in working condition. Really no problems at all with the camera. Salesman are pushy and I had to ask them to remove the 6% handling and insurance before I bought it.
Delirious is offline  
post #648 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Advanced Member
 
nahtanoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just finished ordering:

-CX550v
-travel charger
-FV70 battery
-2 pack Tiffen filters (37mm) UV and circular polarizer
-1.7 Sony Telephoto lens (no external threads, which is a bit odd, since I wanted to put at least a UV filter for protection)
-WD Passport 1T HDD (I was going to go with a LaCie 1TB 7200RPM with bumpers) for the same price, but the size difference is astounding (the LaCie is about 4.5x8xsomething, and the WD Passport is the size of a Blackberry - 4.5x3x.5 or something like that)
Xtended warranty (Sucka!) Maybe I won't use it, but it's the version that you can (in theory) run over the camera or lose it in a lake. I'll be taking it to the Arctic and chasing bear and moose, so I might drop it!

I can't wait to get it and try it out!

Jonathan
nahtanoj is offline  
post #649 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
tingham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 2,645
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirious View Post

1129.99

http://www.camerakings.com/products/...30/HDR-XR550V/

It's where I got mine. It arrived sealed, USA model and in working condition. Really no problems at all with the camera. Salesman are pushy and I had to ask them to remove the 6% handling and insurance before I bought it.

Their selling the CX550V for $999.00....Geez!

Go Phillies! Go Eagles! Go Sixers! Go Flyers!
tingham is offline  
post #650 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 04:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
Webmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Denmark
Posts: 889
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 21
one question - if you put a wide or tele adaptor on your camcorder lens - is light lost in the same way, as if you use a tele converter on a SLR???

How about sharpness etc,???
Webmonkey is offline  
post #651 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 05:34 PM
Member
 
dblitz70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmonkey View Post

one question - if you put a wide or tele adaptor on your camcorder lens - is light lost in the same way, as if you use a tele converter on a SLR???

How about sharpness etc,???

With a wide adapter, since the outer diameter of glass is wider and you are using all of it, you are condensing a larger swath of light down onto the chip. With a tele-converter you are usually taking about the same amount of light and using glass to enlarge the image, there by using a smaller portion of the available light.
That is my understanding of lenses from use of wides and tele's, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
dblitz70 is offline  
post #652 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 05:54 PM
Member
 
dblitz70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahtanoj View Post

Just finished ordering:

-CX550v
-travel charger
-FV70 battery
-2 pack Tiffen filters (37mm) UV and circular polarizer
-1.7 Sony Telephoto lens (no external threads, which is a bit odd, since I wanted to put at least a UV filter for protection)
-WD Passport 1T HDD (I was going to go with a LaCie 1TB 7200RPM with bumpers) for the same price, but the size difference is astounding (the LaCie is about 4.5x8xsomething, and the WD Passport is the size of a Blackberry - 4.5x3x.5 or something like that)
Xtended warranty (Sucka!) Maybe I won't use it, but it's the version that you can (in theory) run over the camera or lose it in a lake. I'll be taking it to the Arctic and chasing bear and moose, so I might drop it!

I can't wait to get it and try it out!

VMC-UAM1 cable to connect your Passport. Check earlier in this thread for more info.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ter_Cable.html
dblitz70 is offline  
post #653 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Member
 
mibcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmonkey View Post

one question - if you put a wide or tele adaptor on your camcorder lens - is light lost in the same way, as if you use a tele converter on a SLR???

How about sharpness etc,???

The same logique applies has DSLR cameras, the quality wile affect the HD quality.

If you buy 5$ UV or other cheap lens you will get the results you paid for !

On my DSLR theirs a lens up to 10,000$ !!!!

The closer you get down F2 range, the more they cost !

Check the specs and get the one that has the best/price you want to pay...
mibcc is offline  
post #654 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 06:18 PM
Senior Member
 
David Sholle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 211
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblitz70 View Post

With a wide adapter, since the outer diameter of glass is wider and you are using all of it, you are condensing a larger swath of light down onto the chip. With a tele-converter you are usually taking about the same amount of light and using glass to enlarge the image, there by using a smaller portion of the available light.
That is my understanding of lenses from use of wides and tele's, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think this is basically correct, and it certainly seems logical, but I remember being involved in a similar discussion many years ago with a lens designer, who said it isn't quite as simple as that. However, for the purpose of this discussion, it should be fine.

I remember with SLRs that if you got a 1.4X tele-converter lens that mounted between the camera and normal lens, that would increase the focal length by a factor of 1.4, and decrease the light gathering power by one f/stop (which is a factor of 2 in incoming light). This makes sense since you are viewing an actual area whose vertical or horizontal linear dimension has decreased by a factor of 1.4, and whose area has decreased by 1.4 squared, or 2.
David Sholle is offline  
post #655 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 06:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Dave Mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 11,965
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondlaw View Post

Just looked at bing cashback on tiger... still comes up as 1399.00.

That's the XR550V, a different model with a hard drive. The cx550V is $1199 and when the 15% cashback was in effect the other night it totaled $1019.
Dave Mack is offline  
post #656 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 07:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Dave Mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 11,965
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tingham View Post

Their selling the CX550V for $999.00....Geez!

http://www.resellerratings.com/selle...-p2-s1-d1.html

read some of the reviews at resellerratings.com. I would never use a company like that. The phone call to "verify" the order and the hard sell and the BS about no warranties or the batteries not working. If you somehow stay strong and get your order for all you know it's B stock or gray market.
That happened to me once. Never again.
Dave Mack is offline  
post #657 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Advanced Member
 
Webmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Denmark
Posts: 889
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mibcc View Post

The same logique applies has DSLR cameras, the quality wile affect the HD quality.

If you buy 5$ UV or other cheap lens you will get the results you paid for !

On my DSLR theirs a lens up to 10,000$ !!!!

The closer you get down F2 range, the more they cost !

Check the specs and get the one that has the best/price you want to pay...

Before xmas when I was looking at the CX505, I was also looking at the Sony 0,7x wide adaptor, but now the CX550 already has that 29mm wide
Webmonkey is offline  
post #658 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 07:45 PM
Member
 
Delirious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mack View Post

http://www.resellerratings.com/selle...-p2-s1-d1.html

read some of the reviews at resellerratings.com. I would never use a company like that. The phone call to "verify" the order and the hard sell and the BS about no warranties or the batteries not working. If you somehow stay strong and get your order for all you know it's B stock or gray market.
That happened to me once. Never again.

Yes, please, use at your own risk. I did get a factory sealed unit - not B stock, but the savings allowed me other accessories and kept me in budget.
Delirious is offline  
post #659 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 07:59 PM
Advanced Member
 
nahtanoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblitz70 View Post

VMC-UAM1 cable to connect your Passport. Check earlier in this thread for more info.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ter_Cable.html

I asked the B&H sales rep about this cable, as I read it on this thread, and he told me that the 550v came with a cable for copying, so I didn't need it.

Now I'm confused. Is there a cable that comes with the 550v and if so, is it for the camcorder to a TV?? Is it a mini HDMI to HDMI - I hope it isn't since he sold me a separate mini HDMI to HDMI for my TV. It looks like the cable you referenced (thanks by the way) is for a USB into the adaptor into the 550v, but I'm not sure. Please help me understand.

Jonathan
nahtanoj is offline  
post #660 of 2288 Old 03-25-2010, 08:04 PM
Member
 
Delirious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahtanoj View Post

I asked the B&H sales rep about this cable, as I read it on this thread, and he told me that the 550v came with a cable for copying, so I didn't need it.

Now I'm confused. Is there a cable that comes with the 550v and if so, is it for the camcorder to a TV?? Is it a mini HDMI to HDMI - I hope it isn't since he sold me a separate mini HDMI to HDMI for my TV. It looks like the cable you referenced (thanks by the way) is for a USB into the adaptor into the 550v, but I'm not sure. Please help me understand.

for purposes of direct copy from the camcorder to an external drive, my box didn't come with a cable(vmc-UAM1). It's sold seperately. The box did come with the usb cable to copy files to your computer. Hope that answers your question
Delirious is offline  
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off