The Official Sony HDR-CX550V Owners thread - Page 77 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2281 of 2288 Old 12-05-2012, 02:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey CX550V owners - I've owned my camera for about a year and a half now, and in the last few days I've run into a problem which I'm not sure if it's software related or if it's physical damage.

The power no longer shuts off when I close the display screen. I have checked all settings, including demo mode - which is set to OFF, and I am still having the problem. Everything else about this camera that I use regularly seems to be functioning fine.

I don't recall any physical damage being done. I did purchase a store model, but I would think I'd have encountered this problem long ago if it was due to floor damage.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions or ideas?

Thanks,
Danielle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2282 of 2288 Old 12-27-2012, 09:21 AM

Try pushing the eye viewfinder in. Even if the screen is closed if the viewfinder is out it will keep the power on. :-)
post #2283 of 2288 Old 05-28-2013, 08:02 AM

In retrospect, I must (again) give credit where credit is due. Now after 3 years of owning the HDR-CX550V, and creating a 1/2 TB of video files, it has provided excellent HD home video, especially in documenting the first few years of my grandson's life. The camera's wide angle and low light capabilities have been very useful for indoor video clips and closeups. The superb stabilization has provided sparkling clear and colorful outdoor shots even when walking. I only hope SONY will have a model that is as good, if this one bites the dust. Its successors seem to offer less desirable options like image projection and no viewfinder.
You can also see on Amazon.com that CX550 reviews have clustered on the higher starred levels showing that this videocam was a wise purchase:
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-HDR-CX550V-Definition-Handycam-Camcorder/product-reviews/B0031RGL1G/ref=sr_1_1_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1
I hope you all continue to enjoy using it as much as I have.
post #2284 of 2288 Old 08-28-2013, 04:21 AM

Hi - It's been a while, but I finally sprung for a SONY branded 64GB SDXC card with the intent to use it in the HDR-CX550v. Well so far I can't get the vidcam to format the card. The SONY online specs for this model definitely include SDXC:

Recording

Media Type : 64GB Non-Removeable Flash Memory; Memory Stick PRO Duo™ MARK2 Media and SD/SDHC/SDXC (Class 4) media (Sold Separately)

Then I checked the latest online owner's manual and I found these notes:

Types of memory card you can use with your camcorder
Only “Memory Stick PRO Duo” media, “Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo” media, SD memory cards and
SDHC memory cards can be used with this camcorder. A MultiMediaCard cannot be used with this
camcorder.
In this manual, “Memory Stick PRO Duo” media and “Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo” media are called
“Memory Stick PRO Duo” media.
Memory cards of up to 32 GB have been verified to operate with your camcorder.

This definitely appears to ignore the SDXC card option, which begins at 64GB. So I may be stuck with a useless SDXC card.
Thus, my love/hate relationship with SONY continues......but I still love the Videocam

post #2285 of 2288 Old 03-29-2014, 02:14 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi,

Is there any chance this thread has few followers?

Recently I have been asked to assist a cx550v owner with a problem. The unit is no longer can record. I reset it and formatted the HDD, settings seems to be correct but upon trying to record the green "STAND BY" keeps flashes on the screen, no zoom... and nothing. Sometimes I see HDD constant active animation on the upper right corner for long time.

Any advice? Is it known thing?

Thank you.
post #2286 of 2288 Old 03-29-2014, 03:54 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by adido View Post

Hi,

Is there any chance this thread has few followers?

Recently I have been asked to assist a cx550v owner with a problem. The unit is no longer can record. I reset it and formatted the HDD, settings seems to be correct but upon trying to record the green "STAND BY" keeps flashes on the screen, no zoom... and nothing. Sometimes I see HDD constant active animation on the upper right corner for long time.

Any advice? Is it known thing?

Thank you.

the cx550v comes with 64mb internal memory. my sony hdr-xr550 comes with internal hard disk drive.

try using the external memory card and record video to see if it works?
post #2287 of 2288 Old 03-30-2014, 12:05 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker1212 View Post

the cx550v comes with 64mb internal memory. my sony hdr-xr550 comes with internal hard disk drive.

try using the external memory card and record video to see if it works?

I'm sorry if I had mistaken the model, it's 550 with 220G HDD. I did tried to use SD card, it was formatted OK , it gave correct capacity but same response. The camera will not record to it and hangs completely, it wont even shut down, only by removing power/battery.
post #2288 of 2288 Old 04-16-2014, 01:26 PM

Reply Camcorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page