Panasonic HDC-HS700 & HDC-TM700 1080p60 cams - Page 109 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3241 of 3783 Old 11-30-2010, 06:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How do you view your video on viera tv? Do you connect your HS700 directly to TV, play the video via computer, or copy the video file on a USB and then play on the TV's USB port directly. Can viera tv directly play your .MTS/.MT2S video via its USB port? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instig8oR View Post

Hi guys I recently bought HS-700 and I must admit I'm so happy with the quality and features of this camera. The video quality on my 42inch viera tv is simply amazing. I'm not having any issues with the "fan" as some unfortunate minority of people are having.

Can any of you please tell me what device is needed to make 2 microphone inputs to your camcorder? For example I want to hear a scanner audio AS WELL as ambient audio at the same time. My scanner only outputs on left channel. When I plug scanner into mic port, I only hear the scanner audio from the left speaker and no ambient sound.

Obviously the built-in microphones gets disabled while the scanner is connected, so is there a work around to this?

Thanks for any advice guys.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3242 of 3783 Old 11-30-2010, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbarsarbar View Post

How do you view your video on viera tv? Do you connect your HS700 directly to TV, play the video via computer, or copy the video file on a USB and then play on the TV's USB port directly. Can viera tv directly play your .MTS/.MT2S video via its USB port? Thanks

Modern Panasonic TVs and BD players with SD card slot can play AVCHD video right off the card, and you don't need to copy anything if you shoot directly to the card. If you simply copy MTS files into the root directory of the card, it won't work.
post #3243 of 3783 Old 12-01-2010, 09:55 AM
myg

Hi all!

After 6 month of waiting let me congratulate you with shaking/jittering issue solution!

See info here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post19575077

Regards,
MYG
post #3244 of 3783 Old 12-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by myg View Post

Hi all!

After 6 month of waiting let me congratulate you with shaking/jittering issue solution!

See info here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post19575077

Regards,
MYG

I didn't have patience to wait for the fix, panasonic was no help that time, as result I returned my in 2 weeks

congratulation who got it fixed
post #3245 of 3783 Old 12-01-2010, 11:49 AM
myg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek753 View Post

I didn't have patience to wait for the fix, panasonic was no help that time, as result I returned my in 2 weeks

congratulation who got it fixed

You can buy it again!
post #3246 of 3783 Old 12-02-2010, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungermann View Post
Modern Panasonic TVs and BD players with SD card slot can play AVCHD video right off the card, and you don't need to copy anything if you shoot directly to the card. If you simply copy MTS files into the root directory of the card, it won't work.
What about if you have already transfered the files to your computer? What would be the easiest way to view your footage on the TV again? I may get a tapeless camcorder for my mother, who is used to using her DV camcorder where she can just pop in an old tape to view footage with the camcorder hooked up to the TV. I would like to make it as easy as possible for her. Is it possible to transfer the footage back to the camcorder to view or to an SDHC card to view from the blu-ray player? I understand that you can stream it to a media player but even that seems limited with 108060p. Just looking for the easiest, low tech way for a computer challenged parent to watch old footage. Thanks.
post #3247 of 3783 Old 12-02-2010, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powjunky View Post

What about if you have already transfered the files to your computer? What would be the easiest way to view your footage on the TV again?

MultiAVCHD, if you want to create proper AVCHD disc.
post #3248 of 3783 Old 12-02-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:

What about if you have already transfered the files to your computer? What would be the easiest way to view your footage on the TV again? I may get a tapeless camcorder for my mother, who is used to using her DV camcorder where she can just pop in an old tape to view footage with the camcorder hooked up to the TV. I would like to make it as easy as possible for her. Is it possible to transfer the footage back to the camcorder to view or to an SDHC card to view from the blu-ray player? I understand that you can stream it to a media player but even that seems limited with 108060p. Just looking for the easiest, low tech way for a computer challenged parent to watch old footage. Thanks.

Hello,
I've been trying to make it as easy as possible too, by playing 60p directly from an SDHC card taken from the TM700. Despite generous help from Ungermann, I have been unable to get raw 60p to play from an SDHC card in a Panasonic DMP-BD60 blu-ray player. However, I just noticed that in the TM700 user's manual it says that there are two players that will play 60p: they are the Panasonic DMP-BDT350, and the DMP-BDT300. Has anyone tried to play 1920x1080p at 60p with either of these? I'm still on the lookout for either a blu ray or a media player that can help.
post #3249 of 3783 Old 12-02-2010, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizrank View Post

I have been unable to get raw 60p to play from an SDHC card in a Panasonic DMP-BD60 blu-ray player.

Could you do me a favor and follow this thread: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1294889 Could you test my disc image? It has five clips, including one original, unchanged clip from the TM700. The difference with your case is that I mastered the disc with MultiAVCHD. Will it play in your player? Thanks.
post #3250 of 3783 Old 12-02-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungermann View Post

MultiAVCHD, if you want to create proper AVCHD disc.

I've tried MultiAVCHD, which does indeed write the 60p files from the TM700. However, when I play that disc in my Panasonic blu ray BD60, it stutters (or is it "judders", whatever that is?). On the other hand, such discs play perfectly when I burn them at 60i, but the quality isn't the same as when you play directly from TM700 to HDTV. That's why I'm still trying to find a way to play 60p directly from SDHC card. Maybe the BDT-350 or BDT-300, as the manual suggests?

Does Panasonic ever reply to questions like these, by the way? The camera is so stunningly good that it would be great to have an easy way to play back 60p, as POWJUNKY is trying to do.
post #3251 of 3783 Old 12-02-2010, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I've tried MultiAVCHD, which does indeed write the 60p files from the TM700. However, when I play that disc in my Panasonic blu ray BD60, it stutters (or is it "judders", whatever that is?). On the other hand, such discs play perfectly when I burn them at 60i, but the quality isn't the same as when you play directly from TM700 to HDTV.

A-ha, we are getting somewhere. So you were able to play the original 60p clips from a disc, but they did stutter. Which means that BD60 is capable of playing back 1080p60 per se, but cannot pump through all the bitrate. No point to play my ISO image then, I suppose.
Quote:

That's why I'm still trying to find a way to play 60p directly from SDHC card. Maybe the BDT-350 or BDT-300, as the manual suggests?

I am really puzzled with this one. If the player can play 1080p60 from a disc, why not from a card? My player does play it. Have you tried mastering for a card using MultiAVCHD instead of using the original card from the camcorder? Have you upgraded your firmware? I think I asked you about this in our private exchange already.

One more reason could be that the directory structure is incorrect. For a disc it is root->BDMV, for a memory card it is root->PRIVATE/AVCHD/BDMV. Sometimes when I author for a card and screw up the naming while copying to a card, I get empty boxes on the screen, when I watch it through my BD player. On the other hand, if you pull a card right from the camcorder, it should have correct structure. Really, really strange.
post #3252 of 3783 Old 12-02-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:

I'm still on the lookout for either a blu ray or a media player that can help.

My Dune Prime 3.0 and my Xtreamer play these files. I understand WD live hub can as well.
post #3253 of 3783 Old 12-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Hi all,
I have been playing back my 1080P/60 videos both on my Vizio XVT323SV LED TV and my Pioneer Kuro Plasma with Cyberlink's Power DVD.

Bedroom HTPC Setup: Vizio 32" LED TV, I use a Gateway FX541S Computer (Intel Core2 Quad Processor Q6600 - 2.40 GHz) with an XFX Radeon HD5770 Video card and then HDMI from my card to the Vizio.
Software: Cyberlink's PowerDVD 10

Living Room HTPC Setup: I have an HP Pavilion Elite112y (AMD Phenom II X4 925 - 2.80 GHz) with an ATI Radeon HD4350, HDMI out to Pioneer Kuro also running Cyberlinks PowerDVD.

Never a hitch on either.
I do have the AE Writer 2.1 loaded on my HP but not my Gateway.

For what it's Worth!

Bud B
post #3254 of 3783 Old 12-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 34
I can play the raw 50p files stutter free on all my PC's and also the PS3 but the sound gets out of sync on the PS3 very quickly. Anyone else seen/heard this?
Thanks
Nathan
post #3255 of 3783 Old 12-03-2010, 10:16 PM

If the max bitrate is around 27Mb/s, does it make sense in Premiere to render my movies at any higher rate than that? Am I just added wasted space? Thanks.
post #3256 of 3783 Old 12-03-2010, 10:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Panasonic claims 28Mmbps but I've seen it go higher.
post #3257 of 3783 Old 12-03-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjc3 View Post

My Dune Prime 3.0 and my Xtreamer play these files. I understand WD live hub can as well.

By "these files," I mean the TM700 60p files. Is that what you mean? If so, great! --Would you describe your setup with the Xtreamer (the Dune is a bit pricey and I don't need all those features). Do you attach a hard drive to the Xtreamer? Do you connect the Xtreamer to your HDTV with HDMI? Any stuttering or jittering when you play back the files? And, by the way, are the files tucked away in AVCHD and BDMV folders, or will they play all by themselves, as plain old MTS or MT2S files?

Sorry for all the questions. But thanks!
post #3258 of 3783 Old 12-03-2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira View Post

Panasonic claims 28Mmbps but I've seen it go higher.

Yes it does. 28Mbps is only an average, as stated in the Operating Instructions manual on page 152: Transfer rate 1080/60p Approx. 28Mbps (Variable Bit Rate)
post #3259 of 3783 Old 12-04-2010, 02:04 AM

Quote:

By "these files," I mean the TM700 60p files. Is that what you mean? If so, great! --Would you describe your setup with the Xtreamer (the Dune is a bit pricey and I don't need all those features). Do you attach a hard drive to the Xtreamer? Do you connect the Xtreamer to your HDTV with HDMI? Any stuttering or jittering when you play back the files? And, by the way, are the files tucked away in AVCHD and BDMV folders, or will they play all by themselves, as plain old MTS or MT2S files?

Sorry for all the questions. But thanks!

Yes, 1080p60 files.

The Dune plays both folder structure (maintaining chapter breaks) and individual MTS files over wired network without a hint of problems.

Xtreamer plays individual files but stutters over wired network (but it does this with BluRay rips occasionally as well). With USB connection the files play smoothly except for very high data rate ( at a guess, > 30Mbps) when there is stuttering but then recovers. I haven't been using the Xtreamer much for playback (it is using the PC Monitor as a second media centre) and only really noticed the stuttering over USB when I was testing out the folders/files question for you. I originally just gave it a go with some MTS files when I first got the camera and it played fine so now the stuttering is a little disappointing.
Setup = Xtreamer via HDMI to 24" 1080p monitor. Wired LAN and USB SDHC card adapter.
post #3260 of 3783 Old 12-04-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjc3 View Post
Yes, 1080p60 files.

The Dune plays both folder structure (maintaining chapter breaks) and individual MTS files over wired network without a hint of problems.

Xtreamer plays individual files but stutters over wired network (but it does this with BluRay rips occasionally as well). With USB connection the files play smoothly except for very high data rate ( at a guess, > 30Mbps) when there is stuttering but then recovers. I haven't been using the Xtreamer much for playback (it is using the PC Monitor as a second media centre) and only really noticed the stuttering over USB when I was testing out the folders/files question for you. I originally just gave it a go with some MTS files when I first got the camera and it played fine so now the stuttering is a little disappointing.
Setup = Xtreamer via HDMI to 24" 1080p monitor. Wired LAN and USB SDHC card adapter.
Thanks, pjc3. This helps a lot. Now I'll decide whether to stay where I am, with playback from the camera for 60p to an HDTV or playback with Splash Pro on my computer out to an HDTV monitor, or to go with the Dune. I really haven't got a whole setup for HD streaming, etc., ready to go yet, to take advantage of all the Dune features. But maybe now's the time.
post #3261 of 3783 Old 12-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Advanced Member

Whats the "best" practice in clearing the HDD once you have copied all your clips off onto the PC?
Thanks
Nathan
post #3262 of 3783 Old 12-05-2010, 04:45 PM

I burned Ungermann's iso to dvd and played files 1-4 fine on my Panny bd80, with only the last file stuttering. My questions is about putting those files onto my SD card. When I copied the files into the folder structure he suggested, (root->PRIVATE/AVCHD/BDMV), I was not able to play them. It only showed blank thumbnails for JPEGs. Must the card be SDHC? I only had the SD card that was already in the player that was used for BD-Live function.
post #3263 of 3783 Old 12-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmone View Post

Whats the "best" practice in clearing the HDD once you have copied all your clips off onto the PC?
Thanks
Nathan

To answer my on Q (RTFM) - Put the camera into PLAY then "You can also delete scenes by pressing the MENU button, selecting [EDIT SCENE] -->
[DELETE] --> [ALL SCENES] or [SELECT]."

EDIT - Wow that took 10mins to do!
post #3264 of 3783 Old 12-06-2010, 02:27 AM

Quote:

To answer my on Q (RTFM) - Put the camera into PLAY then "You can also delete scenes by pressing the MENU button, selecting [EDIT SCENE] -->
[DELETE] --> [ALL SCENES] or [SELECT]."

EDIT - Wow that took 10mins to do!

Nathan,

I have the SD700 (without HDD but only SD card).
For me the best practice is to Format the card (quicker !)

Luc
post #3265 of 3783 Old 12-06-2010, 02:35 AM

Quote:

Good News! You can "manually" edit the profile and push up the Bit Rate - I've set mine as an average of 25Mbps and a Max of 28Mbs - may need some fine tuning and playing but apart from the SVRT bug it will now Smart Render my higher bitrate files!

Nathan,

I have the same needs than you and I am following you and about to buy PD9.
I tried it yesterday and applied your profile.ini settings with success (thanks!)
I am not sure about the remaining SVRT bug: can you re-explain ?
Everything seems to work as expected for me.

Thanks
Luc
post #3266 of 3783 Old 12-07-2010, 10:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 32
post #3267 of 3783 Old 12-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by faucheur View Post

Nathan,

I have the same needs than you and I am following you and about to buy PD9.
I tried it yesterday and applied your profile.ini settings with success (thanks!)
I am not sure about the remaining SVRT bug: can you re-explain ?
Everything seems to work as expected for me.

Thanks
Luc

Sure, Normally with an editing package when you create an output video file everything in the timeline is decoded (from whatever format they are in) then reencoded to the new format. This "issue" is that as these formats are lossy, and you don't know how good/bad the codecs are you can get generational loss. In addition this process is slow. The upside is that such a process lets you create a file (or Disc) regardless of the mix of formats you have in your timeline.

The idea of Smart Rendering is that if the output format is the same as the input format, it will just copy these segments instead. The only bits that then need to be encoded is the segments in your timeline that change a "change", eg if you add a title, transition, overlay, etc etc. So the end resutl is that it is very quick and there is no generational loss for the bulk of your timeline.

The bug in PD9 with their SVRT implemenation is that you get Smart Rendering on a clip up till the part it needs to render (as expected) but when that subsection of the clip is rendered it does not go back to Smart Rendering but keeps rendering the enitre clip. So pending how your titles and transitions work and applied, you can end up reencoding everthing! (eg in my testing I had an into title and cross fades between many clips). Anyway It sounds like a bug and I can confirm it only seems to apply to x264 material as the I've done a bit of HDV editing with PD9 and it works fine.

Edit: That said - I've been doing some HDV edits (from my old Canon HV20) and occasionally on the transition point between clips I get video corruption if the output was done with SVRT, yet if I encode the whole project then it is fine (also transcoding is quick on HDV as well). Had to work out why however....
post #3268 of 3783 Old 12-08-2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:

I burned Ungermann's iso to dvd and played files 1-4 fine on my Panny bd80, with only the last file stuttering. My questions is about putting those files onto my SD card. When I copied the files into the folder structure he suggested, (root->PRIVATE/AVCHD/BDMV), I was not able to play them. It only showed blank thumbnails for JPEGs. Must the card be SDHC? I only had the SD card that was already in the player that was used for BD-Live function.

I have used nothing but SDHC cards, and have tried both root folder structures, but I have the same results as you do. Wish I could figure out why the player seems to default to Navigator and Jpeg blanks.
post #3269 of 3783 Old 12-09-2010, 05:03 AM

Edit: That said - I've been doing some HDV edits (from my old Canon HV20) and occasionally on the transition point between clips I get video corruption if the output was done with SVRT, yet if I encode the whole project then it is fine (also transcoding is quick on HDV as well). Had to work out why however....[/quote]

---------------------------

Had the Sony HC1 and tried to produce AVCHD /DVD from mpeg-hd with 2 programs 1- PD8 2- Studio 12.1

Quality :
-PD8 was the worst (in term of sharpness/movement)
-Pinnacle Studio engin (Avid ?) was much better

To produce AVCHD/DVD from TM700
-Included programme gives good result and so Sudio12.1 not PD8

I would like to read comments on this codec comparrative efficiency /quality (also Neo3 or PD9. )
post #3270 of 3783 Old 12-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira View Post

Just a couple slow motion videos from the same person on Vimeo.
http://vimeo.com/17362104
http://vimeo.com/17283227

Thanks Paulo - they are great looking clips - and I've posted the following over at Vimeo

Quote:

Great clip! but I've a Newbie Q on the workflow for something like this. Did you record at 60fps then just play it at 23.976fps or did you re-encode and just let the NLE work out what frames to duplicate etc? or am I missing somthing even more basic?

Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page