The Official Sony DCR-SX63 Owners thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-26-2010, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello Everyone. I just purchased a nifty Standard Def cam by Sony. The Sony DCR-SX63. I have it charging for my son's play tonight. I didn't want to drop $1k on HD and I didn't want a crappy HD at the low end; so I found a higher end stand def camcorder to fit the bill for the kind of taping I do. I will let you all know how well it performs; and try to post some video to YouTube. If anyone else has or is interested in this camcorder please feel free to comment or ask questions.

Link to Sony

Key Features
1/8" Advanced HAD CCD sensor: A 1/8 Advanced HAD (Hole Accumulation Diode) CCD imager with 410K (effective) pixel resolution delivers stunning detail and clarity for exceptional video (up to 500 lines of horizontal resolution) and still image performance.

16GB embedded memory: 16GB1 of embedded memory can record and store up to almost 12 hours of video footage (SD LP mode).

60x Optical, 2000x Digital zoomIdeal for sporting events, wildlife, or distance shooting, 60X optical zoom brings you closer to the action, so you can capture extremely tight shots, even from far away. In addition, Digital Zoom Interpolation means that extreme digital zooming (up to 2000X) is clearer, with less distortion than previous types of digital zooms.

Carl Zeiss® Vario-Tessar® lens with SteadyShot: The DCR-SX63 features a professional-quality Carl Zeiss® Vario-Tessar® lens designed specifically for compact camcorders. Precision ground optics help maintain the sharpness and contrast of larger lenses, and SteadyShot image stabilization helps reduce blur caused by camera shake.

2.7 Clear Photo LCD3 (230 K) displayThe 2.7 Clear Photo LCD3 (230 K) display provides exceptional viewing clarity with 230K pixels resolution. The display rotates up to 270 degrees for multiple viewing angles, as well as provides sharp, detailed images for monitoring or playback. The convenient touch panel allows easy access to menus and additional functionality such as spot focus and spot metering.

Face DetectionFace Detection technology recognizes faces and optimizes camera settings for both video and still images, so faces are captured more clearly and skin tones look more natural.

LED Video LightThe DCR-SX63 includes a small, but powerful LED video light that can assist in low light situations, allowing you to capture video that you might have missed in the past.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-27-2012, 08:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I also have a Sony DCR SX63 and want to use it to display our church services live in the Nursery and in another room. I normally do not record. I can use the video out to send the video to the TVs, running the camera on AC power, but the TVs always have "STBY" in the center of the screen, and "W, T, and red dot" on left side of screen. Is there any way to remove this "control info" from the screen on the Video Out to the TVs? The camera we used before was an old "viewfinder" Sony , and did not show that stuff on the screen. The old camera has a poor picture, and we wanted to upgrade, but have the problem of the "control info" on the screen. If I put the camera in Record mode, then "REC" is in the center of the screen, so that does not help.
Does anyone have any good ideas on how to use this camera, or do I have to buy something else.
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page