post #631 of 1625 Old 07-29-2010, 08:20 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodnok View Post

Weird, shows $906 for me. Anyway there's definitely a complete lack of them anywhere that was selling them at the $799 price point or lower (which is more in my price range right now).

I imagine LuxZg is right that they just didn't anticipate the demand for the camera.

Same for me, $906. Buy.com is $889 with free shipping. OneCall also has it for $889.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1625 Old 07-29-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira View Post

At one point they were selling for under $740.00. B&H is still out of stock and that's why Amazon is selling it so high.

Their have been issues with Best Buy carrying the top of the line Panasonic cameras and camcorders for a long time.

I'm starting to believe the TM750 will be sold alone without the 3D lens system and that's probably going to replace it. I'm assuming Panasonic is shifting production.

I bought mine a month ago at amazon for USD.755 considering that I am quite lucky. 2 weeks after that I read that the price has gone up because of no stocks.
post #633 of 1625 Old 07-29-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCole View Post

Ok , I went and downloaded the raw 700 files. its seems to play them back better than the ones i recorded. it still studders a bit. but not as bad. and my CPU is still at 100%.
at ideal. my CPU is near 0%.
so there is no undue load i dont think.
i have no idea what is happeneing.

Mine looked not so great playing the 1080p files on WMP. When I played through the Panasonic software it played a lot more smooth.
post #634 of 1625 Old 07-29-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keytrnr View Post

Mine looked not so great playing the 1080p files on WMP. When I played through the Panasonic software it played a lot more smooth.

I tried the hd writer. and the video still shuddered.....
Wmp shuddered and so did the newest splash player.

and i have a 64 bit windows 7 with I7930. and 12 gigs ram
it just dont make since..

Do any of you still use XP pro to play 1080p video.
i never had trouble with XP pro , windows 7 64 bit is a pain
in the ass.... and i dont even like it as well as XP Pro...
post #635 of 1625 Old 07-29-2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janico View Post

Roland.. I made your quote more clearly, can you confirm if this is correct?

1. Recorded 71 minutes of 1080p60 video on the built in memory.
2. Copied it to the SD card via the in-camera option (took 30 minutes) I think this clearly indicates my SanDisk Ultra 15MB/s Class 4 card is way more than sufficient for recording directly to.
3. Removed the SD card and put it in a card reader. Copied it to my HDD, 12.9GB, in 11 minutes.
4. Put the SD card back in the camera.
5. Connect Camera to computer via USB.
6. Used HD Writer AE from the camera to convert the 1080p MTS files from the SD card into M2TS files on the computer (still 1080p60 though). This took around 13 minutes.
7. Deleted all files from the camera's built in memory and removed the SD card from the camera (so now it has no data at all).
8. Used the HD Writer AE from the camera to convert the 1080p60 M2TS files from one directory on the computer to another directory on the computer as 1080i HA files. This took 103 minutes. Using the camera connected through USB to convert is about 10x faster than using my high end quad core to convert the files.

Correct except that HD Writer AE is a piece of Windows software provided by Panasonic, so it's always run on the computer, not the camera.
post #636 of 1625 Old 07-29-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardsyd View Post

Can Roland also confirm whether this would work for the HDC SD 700 (which is supposed to be the same as the TM 700 except that it does not have any internal memory and records straight to SDHC cards).

Also why is it necessary to copy to internal memory first and then copy to the SDHC card? Is there any advantage to this extra step?

I am deciding whether to go with the SD 700 or the TM 700 and this is critical to my decision.

Thanks for all your posts Roland and everyone else on this thread! It has been a very informative read so far

I can't confirm anything about HDC SD 700, only the HDC TM 700K that I have. Originally I was recording to the built in memory for two reasons. First there was some concern that a class 4 SD card might not always be fast enough to record to for the data rate. While this could be true with some cards it doesn't appear to be the case with my Sandisk Ultra 30MB/s card (class 4) because it can record 71 minutes of data from the built in to the card in 30 minutes - more than double the necessary recording data rate, plus it might be even faster than that if the camera doesn't simultaneously read and write, but rather do one then the other in a sequential manner.

Secondly, I wanted to prove that even if you originally chose to write the files to the built in, you copy them to the SD card for backup purposes.

Roland.
post #637 of 1625 Old 07-29-2010, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowmah View Post

Can I ask why users are copying to the SD card before downloading files to the PC? Why not just use the bundled software to "copy" files over from the internal memory directly to the PC?

Because the HD Writer AE software does not do a direct file copy, first it doesn't copy all the files off the SD card, and second it actually changes from them MTS to M2TS (even when you do a transfer of 60p, rather than conversion).

Additionally, as Panasonic's tool doesn't provide a way to copy the M2TS files back to the camera so that you can play them from the camera directly to a HDMI connected TV, then you are entirely stuck with potentially no 60p playback device.

If you are editing the files, e.g. Premiere CS4, then you only need the original MTS or M2TS files (seems there's no difference to Premiere) for editing. However, until I get a reliable 60p playback solution working I need to know that I can always copy the entire file set back to the camera to make it work.

Given you don't have write access to the built-in-memory, it is also logical clearly to copy everything to the SD card, and then take the card out of the camera and into a generic USB SD card reader where you can make a 100% complete, simple, and accurate backup of the files needed, should you need to copy them back to the SD card for playback later.

Once I have a full editing solution working correctly, and a playback solution working correctly I'll stop with all the hassle of multiple copies of the files, but for now, it's my only guaranteed solution.

Roland.
post #638 of 1625 Old 07-29-2010, 11:40 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCole View Post

I tried the hd writer. and the video still shuddered.....
Wmp shuddered and so did the newest splash player.

and i have a 64 bit windows 7 with I7930. and 12 gigs ram
it just dont make since..

Do any of you still use XP pro to play 1080p video.
i never had trouble with XP pro , windows 7 64 bit is a pain
in the ass.... and i dont even like it as well as XP Pro...

I told you before, turn off windows aero. I also use windows 7 X64.

If you want to watch them without turning off Windows Aero:

Windows Media Player Classic
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpc-hc/files/

FFDShowx64 codec that is needed for WMPC-HC X64
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-tryout/files/

Obviously both software goes together. Those free software are under the GNU General Public License(GPL).

I use a Core i7 920(OC at 3.2ghz without turbo mode) which is weaker & my graphic card is a XFX HD5870. Also I only have 3GB of ram.

You refuse to try out my suggestion, that's your problem.
post #639 of 1625 Old 07-29-2010, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowboricua View Post

I don't understand why it is important to save the whole file structure to ensure anything. When I play the RAW files on a system capable of handing them (such as the PS3), I don't need to copy the whole structure, just the movie (MTS) file. Also, when editing the RAW videos (as when using the included HD writer software), there is no requirement for all the files either. The only limitation we have is from other editing programs not being able to output in 60p quality which is a limitation of the programs themselves and not from a requirement of the miscellaneous files created by the camera. My guess is that if the HD Writer AE program does not require the files, as other programs begin to support output to 60p, they will not require the files either.

Indeed, if you have a PS3 (and happen to have the right BIOS or update version) then you may not care to keep the full set of files, assuming you can edit them at this time, and then take them to a friend or relative's place and they also have a PS3.

However, if you, and 100% of your family and friends don't have a PS3, then I'm sure you could imagine the scenario where it might be better/easier to be able to copy the files back to the SD card and play them directly from the camera. Clearly this is still a long way from ideal (as it involves you taking the camera everywhere you plan to show the files), but it's a legitimate scenario, no?

Further, if you want to convert from 1080p to 1080i, doing it through the camera is certainly the fastest option. If you only copy the MTS files directly from the camera, rather than use the HD Writer AE software to convert to M2TS, I'm not seen now it would then be possible to use the camera to do the conversion. At which point you're stuck finding a software and hardware solution that will work with the native 1080p files and processing them down to 1080i - surely all possible, but not the easiest option.

Roland
post #640 of 1625 Old 07-30-2010, 04:56 AM

HD writer has an option to make a sd card ready to be played in the camcorder. It's in one of the top menus, don't remember it's name.
post #641 of 1625 Old 07-30-2010, 07:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Deap View Post

I use a Core i7 920(OC at 3.2ghz without turbo mode) which is weaker & my graphic card is a XFX HD5870. Also I only have 3GB of ram.

Greetings Deap.

Does your 5870 play the Panasonic 1080/60p clips smoothly with DXVA turned on?

Can't get it to work with a 5670. Looking for a replacement.

Thanks.
LL
post #642 of 1625 Old 07-30-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpwooste View Post

Because the HD Writer AE software does not do a direct file copy, first it doesn't copy all the files off the SD card, and second it actually changes from them MTS to M2TS (even when you do a transfer of 60p, rather than conversion).

Additionally, as Panasonic's tool doesn't provide a way to copy the M2TS files back to the camera so that you can play them from the camera directly to a HDMI connected TV, then you are entirely stuck with potentially no 60p playback device.

If you are editing the files, e.g. Premiere CS4, then you only need the original MTS or M2TS files (seems there's no difference to Premiere) for editing. However, until I get a reliable 60p playback solution working I need to know that I can always copy the entire file set back to the camera to make it work.

Given you don't have write access to the built-in-memory, it is also logical clearly to copy everything to the SD card, and then take the card out of the camera and into a generic USB SD card reader where you can make a 100% complete, simple, and accurate backup of the files needed, should you need to copy them back to the SD card for playback later.

Once I have a full editing solution working correctly, and a playback solution working correctly I'll stop with all the hassle of multiple copies of the files, but for now, it's my only guaranteed solution.

Roland.

Where do you see these changed file types? Copying from internal memory to my computer using HD Writer, I only see the video file, a PMPD file, a TMB file, and a CONT file for each video. Or are you talking about files only concerning an SD card? I've decided to pretty much shoot 1080i until 1080p60 is manageable.
post #643 of 1625 Old 07-30-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keytrnr View Post

Where do you see these changed file types? Copying from internal memory to my computer using HD Writer, I only see the video file, a PMPD file, a TMB file, and a CONT file for each video. Or are you talking about files only concerning an SD card? I've decided to pretty much shoot 1080i until 1080p60 is manageable.

I'm not next to the camera or my editing PC right now, but I think under the private/stream folder (or something like that) where the massive files are contained. If you copy directly from the SD card they are MTS files, however, once you use HD Writer AE the files that it creates on your PC are M2TS files.

The two file types must be very similar as the conversion from MTS to M2TS is quick, and both file types work similarly in Premiere. It's probably just a wrapper difference.

But I've not seen a way to get the files from the PC back on to the camera for 1080p playback from the camera to TV. Perhaps someone can point out a solution if there is one. This is why I copy the entire SD card so I can be sure I've got the full data structure to re-create the SD card should I need to.

Roland.
post #644 of 1625 Old 07-30-2010, 10:52 AM

The only large file I see is the video file. When I click on that, it plays. However if I right click and look at the properties under "type of file" it says "AVCHD Video (.m2ts)"
Are there issues with just getting this on a blu-ray? I haven't tried yet. Baby's first birthday next weekend, so I don't want to get it on video and not be able to do anything with it. I'm not currently using an SD card, trying to put off buying one.
post #645 of 1625 Old 07-30-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariner888 View Post

Greetings Deap.

Does your 5870 play the Panasonic 1080/60p clips smoothly with DXVA turned on?

Can't get it to work with a 5670. Looking for a replacement.

Thanks.

I'm not using DXVA acceleration. It pretty much the strength of my overall system.

pic taken with VMR9, but usually use Vista/.net3, but can't show the stats when I use it.

Pic Taken with EVR custom

I don't actually use GPU hardware acceleration. I tried the new driver from ATI & kind of not working at all. I just uncheck everything related tp GPU hardware acceleration & try to focus it on the CPU alone with the normal process.

When I use MPC-HC 32bit it stutter a lot, but with the 64bit version it run like a charm & windows aero is turn on.

With PowerDVD & HD writer, it stutter when Aero is on, but play smoothly when aero is off.
post #646 of 1625 Old 07-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks for the reply, Deap.

So your ATI HD5870 can't handle the Panasonic 1080/60p video with DXVA turned on.

Looks like Nvidia is the only available solution for those in need of GPU acceleration.

Thanks.
post #647 of 1625 Old 07-30-2010, 01:02 PM

Deap, have you been able to switch off GPU acceleration with Windows Media Center in Win7? I have a high end CPU system, but perhaps not fast enough GPU. I am able to play using CPU decode in Panasonic's software at 60% CPU, but when I use Windows Media Center it must be attempting GPU decode, as CPU is around 3% and it isn't 100% smooth on my nVidia GTX275. Have you tried Windows Media Center, and been able to force that to use CPU decode? If so, how? Thanks.
post #648 of 1625 Old 07-30-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the reply, Deap.

So your ATI HD5870 can't handle the Panasonic 1080/60p video with DXVA turned on.

Looks like Nvidia is the only available solution for those in need of GPU acceleration.

Thanks.

I have not seen it work smoothly in Windows Media Center (or Windows Media Player) with nVidia GTX 275. I think someone claimed it works great with the nVidia 470 (which is about twice the speed of my card).
post #649 of 1625 Old 07-30-2010, 02:51 PM

I have a HP DV7 3074ca laptop, the specs are: cpu-17 720Q, 6GB of ram, two 500GB hard drives @ 7200RPM, and a Nvidia Geforce GT230m GPU, running W7 home premium 64bit OS. The only player I get smooth playback of the TM700 1080P file format is with PowerDVD 10. I have tried WMP, Nero 10, Panasonics software and they all have studder for me. I have not tried Slash Lite or WMP classic programs as I am getting excellent play back with PowerDVD. The only problem I am trying to figure out is how to edit the files with Vegas Pro 9e, which plays the files, but is very choppy (good for basic edits), and which file format to render 1080P files too, with the least resolution loss, to authorize to DVD and to PS3. Also has anybody used Cineform Neo Scene as an intermediary with non loss of PQ with these files to edit and render in Vegas Pro? Any info or experience to these questions will be greatly appreciated thanks.
post #650 of 1625 Old 07-30-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohibaman View Post

I have a HP DV7 3074ca laptop, the specs are: cpu-17 720Q, 6GB of ram, two 500GB hard drives @ 7200RPM, and a Nvidia Geforce GT230m GPU, running W7 home premium 64bit OS. The only player I get smooth playback of the TM700 1080P file format is with PowerDVD 10. I have tried WMP, Nero 10, Panasonics software and they all have studder for me. I have not tried Slash Lite or WMP classic programs as I am getting excellent play back with PowerDVD. The only problem I am trying to figure out is how to edit the files with Vegas Pro 9e, which plays the files, but is very choppy (good for basic edits), and which file format to render 1080P files too, with the least resolution loss, to authorize to DVD and to PS3. Also has anybody used Cineform Neo Scene as an intermediary with non loss of PQ with these files to edit and render in Vegas Pro? Any info or experience to these questions will be greatly appreciated thanks.

Yes, I've used Neo Scene to convert the 1080p60 M2TS files to AVI. They become HUGE, like 2GB per minute! If you have sufficient disk space and very serious CPU power you can edit them. I tried with a QuadCore at 3.6Ghz with 8GB memory, and super fast RAID0 SSDs. It worked in Premiere4, and I was able to output to Neo Scene files. My CPU isn't fast enough to smoothly edit in Premiere4 so it's a pain. I tried a trial of Premiere5, it seems slightly improved, and also can use CUDA acceleration with some incremental benefit if you have the right nVidia card. I was able to create output files, but they are enormous, again 2GB per minute, so not a very practical format, but it does work.

I'm in the process of dropping another $3K to get a Core i7 980X 12 Thread processor, 12 GB ram, and building out a new machine and Premiere5. With a combination of excessively high end hardware, along with the latest Premiere software, and possibly also Neo Scene, I should finally get a working solution.

Fortunately although Neo Scene is $130, the Neo Player (for the machines you want to use to playback only) it's free, and my Core2Quad at 3.6 is sufficient for smooth playback.

Roland.
post #651 of 1625 Old 07-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohibaman View Post

I have a HP DV7 3074ca laptop, the specs are: cpu-17 720Q, 6GB of ram, two 500GB hard drives @ 7200RPM, and a Nvidia Geforce GT230m GPU, running W7 home premium 64bit OS. The only player I get smooth playback of the TM700 1080P file format is with PowerDVD 10. I have tried WMP, Nero 10, Panasonics software and they all have studder for me.

Greetings cohibaman.

Did you run the PDVD10 with hardware acceleration turned on?

Panasonic HD Writer uses software decoding, apparently the i7-720q does not have sufficient power to handle 1080/60p video. This is somewhat surprising, so could you provide more details of your cpu spec?

By the way, what's your favorite cohiba?

Best regards.
post #652 of 1625 Old 07-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I have not seen it work smoothly in Windows Media Center (or Windows Media Player) with nVidia GTX 275. I think someone claimed it works great with the nVidia 470 (which is about twice the speed of my card).

Thanks for the feedback, roland.

The situation regarding Panasonic 1080/60p playback with GPU acceleration is still somewhat confusing. This is what we know so far:

1. No reported success with ATI cards.

2. Nvidia GT240 is reported to work, but your more powerful GTX275 does not.

I'm scratching my head....
post #653 of 1625 Old 07-30-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:

Yes, I've used Neo Scene to convert the 1080p60 M2TS files to AVI. They become HUGE, like 2GB per minute! If you have sufficient disk space and very serious CPU power you can edit them. I tried with a QuadCore at 3.6Ghz with 8GB memory, and super fast RAID0 SSDs. It worked in Premiere4, and I was able to output to Neo Scene files. My CPU isn't fast enough to smoothly edit in Premiere4 so it's a pain. I tried a trial of Premiere5, it seems slightly improved, and also can use CUDA acceleration with some incremental benefit if you have the right nVidia card. I was able to create output files, but they are enormous, again 2GB per minute, so not a very practical format, but it does work.

I'm in the process of dropping another $3K to get a Core i7 980X 12 Thread processor, 12 GB ram, and building out a new machine and Premiere5. With a combination of excessively high end hardware, along with the latest Premiere software, and possibly also Neo Scene, I should finally get a working solution.

Fortunately although Neo Scene is $130, the Neo Player (for the machines you want to use to playback only) it's free, and my Core2Quad at 3.6 is sufficient for smooth playback.

Roland.

Thanks Roland for the info on Neo Scene, I will download the trial, and give it a go, as smooth playback is essential for good editing, and I hope my laptop can handle it. Also Videoguys has it for sale $99.95
post #654 of 1625 Old 07-30-2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the feedback, roland.

The situation regarding Panasonic 1080/60p playback with GPU acceleration is still somewhat confusing. This is what we know so far:

1. No reported success with ATI cards.

2. Nvidia GT240 is reported to work, but your more powerful GTX275 does not.

I'm scratching my head....

Because not all software get nice playback with the compression of the M2TS at 1080P60.

Also like I said... Turn off Windows Aero in Windows 7 & Windows Vista under Panasonic HD Writer AE software which is 32bit.

Quote:

When you edit in Premiere, you have to properly set the framerate to avoid post processing while editing. Do not edit 60P files when your sequence run at 24P or 30P. Set it at 59.94 or 60, you'll see a huge difference. At worst, convert all your original to the framerate you plan to edit.

Also using uncompressed AVI file doesn't eat CPU power which doesn't make much sense in your context in your experience with the software. It's linear reading, not a compressed file that the CPU need to decode .
post #655 of 1625 Old 07-30-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:

My hypothesis is that either the Purevideo3 (VP3) hardware, or the NVidia Windows drivers for Purevideo3 (and earlier) GPUs, don't handle 1080p60 video correctly. I get stuttering on both my Geforce 9800GT (1GB) and a laptop's NVidia 9400M (256MB). On both systems, the task-monitor reports CPU-usage under 10-15%, so it's definitely not a CPU-issue. (Laptop has an C2D P8400 2.26GHz, and desktop has an Core i5-750 2.66GHz.) On both systems, if I turn off GPU-acceleration in PowerDVD8/Nero 9 Showtime, then I get smooth playback of 1080p60 (with much higher CPU-utilization.)

The Fermi GF100/GF104 family has Purevideo4 class video-decoding. VP4 adds hardware-acceleration for MPEG-4 ASP video (not sure why anyone would pick ASP over H264/AVC...but now both are accelerated on the GPU!)

I should point out, I only have a 21" 1680x1050 monitor...so all videos are played with some shrinking (to fit my desktop.) I wonder if that's a contributing factor.
post #656 of 1625 Old 07-30-2010, 11:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcdvdguy View Post

My hypothesis is that either the Purevideo3 (VP3) hardware, or the NVidia Windows drivers for Purevideo3 (and earlier) GPUs, don't handle 1080p60 video correctly. I get stuttering on both my Geforce 9800GT (1GB) and a laptop's NVidia 9400M (256MB). On both systems, the task-monitor reports CPU-usage under 10-15%, so it's definitely not a CPU-issue. (Laptop has an C2D P8400 2.26GHz, and desktop has an Core i5-750 2.66GHz.) On both systems, if I turn off GPU-acceleration in PowerDVD8/Nero 9 Showtime, then I get smooth playback of 1080p60 (with much higher CPU-utilization.)

The Fermi GF100/GF104 family has Purevideo4 class video-decoding. VP4 adds hardware-acceleration for MPEG-4 ASP video (not sure why anyone would pick ASP over H264/AVC...but now both are accelerated on the GPU!)

I should point out, I only have a 21" 1680x1050 monitor...so all videos are played with some shrinking (to fit my desktop.) I wonder if that's a contributing factor.

Greetings pcdvdguy.

The GT240 has a VP4 engine, so you could be right.

By the way, is your i5-750 a quad core cpu?

Thansk.
post #657 of 1625 Old 07-31-2010, 12:09 AM

Quote:

Greetings cohibaman.

Did you run the PDVD10 with hardware acceleration turned on?

Panasonic HD Writer uses software decoding, apparently the i7-720q does not have sufficient power to handle 1080/60p video. This is somewhat surprising, so could you provide more details of your cpu spec?

By the way, what's your favorite cohiba?

Best regards.

Hi mariner888, I am using PDVD 10 with hardware acceleration disabled otherwise when enabled there is slight stuttering.the The CPU I have in my laptop is an Intel Core i7-720QM processor with 1.60-GHz, SC turbo up to 2.80-GHz with 8-MB L2 cache and 1333-MHz FSB.
.....And my favorite Cohiba is an Esplendidos, right from the factory in Havana, Cuba.
post #658 of 1625 Old 07-31-2010, 12:45 AM
Advanced Member

May I compliment you on your excellent choice.
post #659 of 1625 Old 07-31-2010, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Deap View Post

Because not all software get nice playback with the compression of the M2TS at 1080P60.

When you edit in Premiere, you have to properly set the framerate to avoid post processing while editing. Do not edit 60P files when your sequence run at 24P or 30P. Set it at 59.94 or 60, you'll see a huge difference. At worst, convert all your original to the framerate you plan to edit.

Also using uncompressed AVI file doesn't eat CPU power which doesn't make much sense in your context in your experience with the software. It's linear reading, not a compressed file that the CPU need to decode .

I've got the correct frame rate set and everything else I think. I didn't mean that I was using Premiere for simply playback, but rather what I figured was implicitly assumed that within Premiere I would be editing. Even with Neo Scene 2GB/Min files, when you change anything that requires preview rendering, the preview files are created at either 16GB/min or 20GB/min this is when disk space becomes insane, and unless you have a fast RAID0 arrangement it's game over. Even with my RAID0 which can reach about 440MB/s the system still struggles, and I'm not sure where the bottleneck is, but there's definately problems. You can cut the resolution of preview files to half the resolution, which quarters the file size and makes things more reasonable, but it still takes very substantial hardware, and my Core2Quad at 3.6 isn't enough.
post #660 of 1625 Old 07-31-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcdvdguy View Post

This is a very interesting theory. How are you determining what version of VP each card has? I am curious to find out what version the 7600GT, 9600GTX and GTX275 have. As I am surprised that my GTX275 has problems but other people have said their GTX240 works, but it's possible the GTX240 is lower end for gaming, but better for video.

Also, do you have any nVidia software installed other than the standard drivers? Specifically is there any "PureVideo" software that you need to install?

Thanks, Roland.
Reply Camcorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page