The Official Panasonic HDC-HS/SD/TM700 Owners thread - Page 35 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1021 of 1624 Old 11-19-2010, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I haven't had much playing time yet but I've been comparing the durability to Premiere CS5 on my new machine. For simple editing and transitions, theirs absolutely no issues what so ever editing native 1080 60p. I'm mean theirs no difference than if I were to edit Mini DV files but if I were to scrub back and forth several times at an extremely fast pace (just for the heck of it), It'll have a tendency to freeze on a frame for a second. If I do something as crazy on Edius 6, it handles it better. Again I'm not saying Premiere is bad since simple scrubbing at a normal speed is very smooth, just like playback is also a breeze but for going back and forth like a mad man, Edius is more stable. This is just for very simple editing and transitions. Plus I only have a i7 950 processor. For a business that does serious HD editing, you really need a computer with a couple of Quad or 6 core chips, 24GB of RAM and a raid set up.

This remind me to do more editing on Edius 6. For people with less than ideal machines I highly recommend Edius just like I'll highly recommend Production Premium CS5 for anybody that has a decent computer or want a lot of freedom in your editing since that includes Premiere, Encore, AfterEffects, etc. CS5 is much more reliable than CS4 even if you don't have an Adobe sanctioned NVIdia card so a lot of it's praise is well deserved but I do think Edius 6 should also get a lot of praise although the older consumer version, Edius Neo 2 Booster have become very popular.

Again I still have to experiment more and since it's allowed to be downloaded for free just to try it out for a month, people should also try Edius 6. Even the cheaper version, Edius Neo 2 Booster isn't bad. That's the first product from GrassValley that uses that speed boost technology.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1022 of 1624 Old 11-19-2010, 09:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira View Post

I haven't had much playing time yet but I've been comparing the durability to Premiere CS5 on my new machine. For simple editing and transitions, theirs absolutely no issues what so ever editing native 1080 60p. I'm mean theirs no difference than if I were to edit Mini DV files but if I were to scrub back and forth several times at an extremely fast pace (just for the heck of it), It'll have a tendency to freeze on a frame for a second. If I do something as crazy on Edius 6, it handles it better. Again I'm not saying Premiere is bad since simple scrubbing at a normal speed is very smooth, just like playback is also a breeze but for going back and forth like a mad man, Edius is more stable. This is just for very simple editing and transitions. Plus I only have a i7 950 processor. For a business that does serious HD editing, you really need a computer with a couple of Quad or 6 core chips, 24GB of RAM and a raid set up.

This remind me to do more editing on Edius 6. For people with less than ideal machines I highly recommend Edius just like I'll highly recommend Production Premium CS5 for anybody that has a decent computer or want a lot of freedom in your editing since that includes Premiere, Encore, AfterEffects, etc. CS5 is much more reliable than CS4 even if you don't have an Adobe sanctioned NVIdia card so a lot of it's praise is well deserved but I do think Edius 6 should also get a lot of praise although the older consumer version, Edius Neo 2 Booster have become very popular.

Again I still have to experiment more and since it's allowed to be downloaded for free just to try it out for a month, people should also try Edius 6. Even the cheaper version, Edius Neo 2 Booster isn't bad. That's the first product from GrassValley that uses that speed boost technology.

I heard Edius could edit 1080 60p but had no render abilities at 1080 60p yet. Is this not true?
post #1023 of 1624 Old 11-19-2010, 09:07 PM
AVS Special Member

For anyone who wants a lot of information on Edius, I suggest going to the official forum.
http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...isplay.php?f=7

I havn't used Edius in a long time and still going through everything.
post #1024 of 1624 Old 11-19-2010, 11:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Playing with it some more, I've been exporting to 1080 59.94p using MPEG2 as the codec and a bit rate of around 50Mbps. That could be the perfect settings for people's project since the PS3 have no problems playing that back smoothly. Most Blu-Ray players are the PS3 anyway. With a high bit rate MPEG2 codec, it wont be that big of a deal in case Edius 6 can't export that to H.264(I'm still trying to figure out if it's able to export to 1080 60p using H.264) although it would be nice for storage reasons. You just got to try to recommend your friends, family and clients to get a PS3 instead of a stand alone Blu-Ray player. As a bonus, they can also play games and browse the web. I've been saying this for a while now but the PS3 is truly a very good entertainment center. Besides the stuff I already mentioned, you can also playback DivX and WMV video files. Nevermind the fact that the PS3 can also playback 3D Blu-Ray movies. You get all that luxury for only $300.

I really find it ironic that it can playback Microsoft's WMV files but it cannot playback Apple's QuickTime files. You would have to use software to take it out of the .MOV wrapper to make it work like a lot of people been doing. In Apple's side, if your using their software, you cannot edit AVCHD or 1080 60p files without doing something to those files first.

Something I forgot to point out.
The update to the popular Edius Neo 2 Booster is out. You can also download Edius Neo 3.
http://ediusforum.grassvalley.com/fo...ad.php?t=19615
I highly recommend that to anyone who has an AVCHD camcorder and don't have money to pay for Edius 6 or Premiere CS5.
I'm not sure if it can output to 1080 60p like Edius 6 but you never know.
post #1025 of 1624 Old 11-20-2010, 03:30 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohibaman View Post

Here is a link to a YouTube video that shows you how to do a template to render 1080 60p. Then shows you how to convert the files over to be burned to a disk to be played in a Blue Ray player. The program in the video is Sony Vegas Pro, not sure if Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 has the same settings, but it may give you some insight to achieve your goal. Hope it helps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKEP70GGjjA

Hello cohibaman, Great video! I have Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 and followed your video. Platinum 10 has all the settings and can go through the motions but gets an error when trying to Render. I then downloaded the Demo of Vegas Pro 10 and can get through the Render with no problems. My question is, I hate to spend another $500. for Vegas Pro just for that one Render step in the work flow. I'm wondering if there might be another way (less expensive) to get over that hump before using tsMuxer, MultiAVCHD and ImgBurn? which by the way are all great programs.
Thanks for any input!
Tom

-Tom
post #1026 of 1624 Old 11-20-2010, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryvboy View Post

do you prefer this camera or canon s20?

noone?
post #1027 of 1624 Old 11-20-2010, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
I wanted to like Edius 6, but I can't get it to work. I had previously tried Edius 5.5 on my system and attempted to try the demo of Edius 6 (and Neo 3) - but, Grass Valley has apparently written the programs in such a way that they are incompatible with each other. I mistakenly tried to install 6 while remnants of 5.5 were still on my system and it borked the whole thing. No matter what I do, I can't seem to find some dll's or other small files remaining from 5.5 that cause Edius 6 to not work. It also has a problem reading the Plugin folder - somehow that folder name causes the start of Edius 6 to "stop responding" - renaming the folder to something else allows Edius 6 to start, but it will not run. I have tried everything I can think of (pro removal programs, registry searches, etc) to no avail.

Grass Valley has suggested on their forums that these kind of problems can be solved with an OS re-install. Excuse me, but a full re-install of the OS and all that entails is a terrible suggestion IMO. I will stay away from Edius and rely on CS5 and/or Vegas Pro 10. Edius may be a great NLE, but if the install is so problematic that it can require an OS re-install, no thanks.

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
post #1028 of 1624 Old 11-20-2010, 09:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 514
Quote:

If I do something as crazy on Edius 6, it handles it better. Again I'm not saying Premiere is bad since simple scrubbing at a normal speed is very smooth, just like playback is also a breeze but for going back and forth like a mad man, Edius is more stable.

Paulo, I just picked up Edius 6 upgrade a few days ago. I don't see a setting for the Panasonic 1080p at the bitrate it records. It seems like 17mbps is the limit. Am I missing something?

I also don't see a way to export at 1920X1080 60p, but that came as no surprise since I didn't see any reference to that output before Edius 6 was released.
post #1029 of 1624 Old 11-20-2010, 09:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint350 View Post

I wanted to like Edius 6, but I can't get it to work. I had previously tried Edius 5.5 on my system and attempted to try the demo of Edius 6 (and Neo 3) - but, Grass Valley has apparently written the programs in such a way that they are incompatible with each other. I mistakenly tried to install 6 while remnants of 5.5 were still on my system and it borked the whole thing. No matter what I do, I can't seem to find some dll's or other small files remaining from 5.5 that cause Edius 6 to not work. It also has a problem reading the Plugin folder - somehow that folder name causes the start of Edius 6 to "stop responding" - renaming the folder to something else allows Edius 6 to start, but it will not run. I have tried everything I can think of (pro removal programs, registry searches, etc) to no avail.

Grass Valley has suggested on their forums that these kind of problems can be solved with an OS re-install. Excuse me, but a full re-install of the OS and all that entails is a terrible suggestion IMO. I will stay away from Edius and rely on CS5 and/or Vegas Pro 10. Edius may be a great NLE, but if the install is so problematic that it can require an OS re-install, no thanks.

That's odd since I too had 5.5 on my system and it simply deleted it automatically prior to installing 6.0. BTW, there is now a 6.01 version up on the Edius site.
post #1030 of 1624 Old 11-20-2010, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

I have tried 6 and 6.01, same result. I have read of others having problems like mine and, as I said, GV suggests OS re-install, so they are aware of it. They mentioned the clashing dll's but gave no way to find them or remove them. You would think the manufacturer would know all the files installed and have a way to find/remove them.

I gave up on Edius and am happy with CS5 Pro. It has a nice export feature of a 1-click "match sequence settings" which automatically exports 1080/60p files the same way it found them. I have been considering going up to 12GB RAM from my current 6, but so far it is working well in conjunction with Cineform files and even native files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post

That's odd since I too had 5.5 on my system and it simply deleted it automatically prior to installing 6.0. BTW, there is now a 6.01 version up on the Edius site.

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
post #1031 of 1624 Old 11-20-2010, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Right after Edius 6 is freshly installed, it asks you if your going to use 60p(or something like that).
Then it gives you an option for 1080 60p project and click on that.
Put 1080 60p clips on the time line and go to export, print to file.
Make sure "Enable Conversion" is checked.
Click on the option that says "MPEG".
Choose the one at the top that says 50Mbps
Click on the "Advanced" tab.

In their make sure the "Frame Rate" is 59.94 and the filed order is "Progressive"
Hit "Export"
It's set to a Constant bit rate of 50Mbps and you can always change that or make it into a Variable bite rate or change the bit rate. Whatever you like. For quality setting, I use SuperFine. You can also change the audio setting.

Lest just say I got carried away in going over in detail but at least it'll help for people who never used Edius.
post #1032 of 1624 Old 11-20-2010, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

On their site, they claimed that the Edius 6 that was first put up was an older built that got their by accident. Also they do say to make sure a previous version of Edius is completely off your system before you install. The other things they say is that a lot of stuff such as certain plug-ins, etc wont work on the Demo version. You'd have to buy the full version to get all of the benefits.
post #1033 of 1624 Old 11-21-2010, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Believe me, I've tried all of the suggestions except the OS re-install, which I refuse to do. It's not a matter of making certain menu selections - I can't get that far. The program fails to go beyond the initial project menu and customization window. I hadn't seen the warning about fully removing 5.5 before installing the 6 demo, so I'm fairly certain that caused my problems. The demo did indicate it was removing 5.5, but apparently it doesn't remove it sufficiently and once that mistake is made, there is no going back. I even re-installed 5.5 to see if I could just start over and then uninstall it first - again, no luck. It's not worth the effort (I've tried about 5 times now, in various ways) and Edius is simply not getting my money. I've been pretty content with CS5 and Vegas Pro 10, so I don't believe I'm missing much at this point. I have been using CS5 the most and will probably just stay with that.

Ray
post #1034 of 1624 Old 11-22-2010, 12:01 AM

Quote:

Right after Edius 6 is freshly installed, it asks you if your going to use 60p(or something like that).
Then it gives you an option for 1080 60p project and click on that.

In their make sure the "Frame Rate" is 59.94 and the filed order is "Progressive"
Hit "Export"
It's set to a Constant bit rate of 50Mbps and you can always change that or make it into a Variable bite rate or change the bit rate. Whatever you like. For quality setting, I use SuperFine. You can also change the audio setting.

Lest just say I got carried away in going over in detail but at least it'll help for people who never used Edius.

The new Edius Neo 3 just come out, has a Input Preset for 1080P.
Export is as follows as Paulo stated for Edius 6:

Hit "Export"

Edius Neo 3 takes more than double the time to export a 2 minute 38 seconds clip without any editing or transitions, where as HD writer does it with 53 seconds on a Intel Quad Q6600 PC.
post #1035 of 1624 Old 11-22-2010, 12:33 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm about to do an important project on Premiere CS5 soon and I think I've played with Edius 6 enough last night. I don't feel like going back to it at the moment but you can also choose VC1 at 20Mbps/ For both VC1 and MPEG2, I think it's best to tell the editor you want the frame rate setting to be the same as the project setting to make sure it's exporting true 60p rather than 60i. When I get the chance, I'm going to ask a few question on the Edius Forums.

As far as the project is concerned, lest just say because the editing I'll be doing has a lot of complicated stuff, I don't want to have to fool around with Edius 6 when I'm more comfortable with Premiere CS5. For sure if I was doing a simple project, Edius 6 is a breeze.
post #1036 of 1624 Old 11-23-2010, 02:49 PM

Hi TM700 users,

First of all I wanna thank who created this thread..well done!!

TM700 Is just amazing Camcorder..the best (no pro) in the market till today.

Now, Listen people !

Almost all of you are talking about getting a powerful PC/MAC tp play or edit the .MTS files from TM700 (or any 700's Series - 3D). YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WRONG COS THERE'S NO SOFTWARE/HARDWARE that can play or edit them SMOOTHLY WITHOUT STUTTERING AND DROP FRAMES. Impossible so far.
It's not a question of CPU/GPU POWER at all, It's a CODEC Issue, Yes..that secret dark CODEC that's NOT SUPPORTED by any even MONSTER HIGH END Hardware/Software and l'm pretty sure that ONLY Panasonic has THE KEY TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE.

The 700's series ONLY Play smoothly the .MTS files inside the camcorder, or when connected to an HD TV/Monitor. Out of the camcorder..NOOO WAAAAYYY.

I (we) have got very POWERFUL MAC/PC and I know what I'm talkin'about right ?

They are many Software that can play or edit or convert the container, BUT NEVER ABLE TO FIX THE OUTPUT. They just accept the format (CONTAINER)..not the CODEC inside.

I don't know how so many people (here and elsewhere) are saying something like : "Oh..I can play it SMOOTHLY in my i7..with x RAM..or OH..I can play it very smooth in EDIUS..CS5..VEGAS..THIS AND THAT..Clipwrap..Toast..bla bla..

Can't you see the issue ?
..OK..I'm here to help you :
RECORD MOVEMENTS LIKE CARS, TRAINS, BIKES OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT (IF NOT CANNOT,MAYBE YOU..ONLY CAN'T NOTICE THE STUTTERING).
PLAY THEM OR EDIT THEM OR CONVERT THEM TO ANY OTHER FORMAT EVEN IN BAD QUALITY (cos we're talkin' bout STUTTERING not quality here), THEN SHOW ME HOW SMOOTH YOU GET THE RESULT.

Com'on !..Prove it !..

Please don't Escape from the reality and stop talking trash.
Be responsible and report all the way you can to Panasonic (as I did) HOPEFULLY we get a solution for this Serious issue and start enjoying this Amazing camcorder.

Forget about to UPGRADE just after reading comments on the net. Go with your files or even your camcorder and TRY OUT Macs/PCs n some shops before wasting your money blindly cos later you might regret it.

Cheers
post #1037 of 1624 Old 11-23-2010, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARA SMITH View Post

Almost all of you are talking about getting a powerful PC/MAC tp play or edit the .MTS files from TM700 (or any 700's Series - 3D). YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WRONG COS THERE'S NO SOFTWARE/HARDWARE that can play or edit them SMOOTHLY WITHOUT STUTTERING AND DROP FRAMES. Impossible so far.
It's not a question of CPU/GPU POWER at all, It's a CODEC Issue, Yes..that secret dark CODEC that's NOT SUPPORTED by any even MONSTER HIGH END Hardware/Software and l'm pretty sure that ONLY Panasonic has THE KEY TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE.

This is just a load of BS. If you cannot tune up your PC, it is your problem, not somebody else's, so stop spreading FUD.
post #1038 of 1624 Old 11-23-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARA SMITH View Post

Hi TM700 users,

Now, Listen people !

The 700's series ONLY Play smoothly the .MTS files inside the camcorder, or when connected to an HD TV/Monitor. Out of the camcorder..NOOO WAAAAYYY.

They are many Software that can play or edit or convert the container, BUT NEVER ABLE TO FIX THE OUTPUT. They just accept the format (CONTAINER)..not the CODEC inside.

I don't know how so many people (here and elsewhere) are saying something like : "Oh..I can play it SMOOTHLY in my i7..with x RAM..or OH..I can play it very smooth in EDIUS..CS5..VEGAS..THIS AND THAT..Clipwrap..Toast..bla bla..

RECORD MOVEMENTS LIKE CARS, TRAINS, BIKES OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT (IF NOT CANNOT,MAYBE YOU..ONLY CAN'T NOTICE THE STUTTERING).
PLAY THEM OR EDIT THEM OR CONVERT THEM TO ANY OTHER FORMAT EVEN IN BAD QUALITY (cos we're talkin' bout STUTTERING not quality here), THEN SHOW ME HOW SMOOTH YOU GET THE RESULT.

Com'on !..Prove it !..

Be responsible and report all the way you can to Panasonic (as I did) HOPEFULLY we get a solution for this Serious issue and start enjoying this Amazing camcorder.

Forget about to UPGRADE just after reading comments on the net. Go with your files or even your camcorder and TRY OUT Macs/PCs n some shops before wasting your money blindly cos later you might regret it.

Cheers

Total BS from start to finish.
post #1039 of 1624 Old 11-23-2010, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Give me a couple of brand new native clips and I'll use those to prove that Premiere CS5 and Edius 6 have no issues editing the files smoothly and that Windows Media and Splash lite have no issues playing it back.
post #1040 of 1624 Old 11-23-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotase View Post

Total BS from start to finish.

Yea.....cracker of a first post!
post #1041 of 1624 Old 11-23-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARA SMITH
Hi TM700 users,

Now, Listen people !

Com'on !..Prove it !..

Cheers
Uh, if you wanted to make a first impression, you did. But not in a good way. I agree that this was a lot of bull. Original 1920x1080 @60p .MTS files from my TM700 play perfectly smoothly on my friend's PC (quadcore cpu), but not on my Mac Mini Aluminum (dual core).
post #1042 of 1624 Old 11-23-2010, 09:26 PM
Advanced Member

Hello guys, my panasonic hs350 seems having a problem.
When shaking the camera, the recording session stops, because the G sensor/sign appears for too often on the screen and the recording session stops.

Can someone pls try on an HS series (hs700) to shake the camera up and down holding it from the lens, like in the video, to see if the message appears also for you ?

I am worried that my camcorder hard disk is having problem.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47123267@N07/5193727437/

I am not sure if the problem is the hard disk or the g sensor

Thank you
post #1043 of 1624 Old 11-23-2010, 09:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alainhubert View Post
Uh, if you wanted to make a first impression, you did. But not in a good way. I agree that this was a lot of bull. Original 1920x1080 @60p .MTS files from my TM700 play perfectly smoothly on my friend's PC (quadcore cpu), but not on my Mac Mini Aluminum (dual core).
They don't play fine on my PC, Quad Core Q6600 2.4, 8gig of ram, NVidia 8800GT. I know my PC is old but it's the only video files that won't play smoothly on it.
post #1044 of 1624 Old 11-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcolisi View Post
Hello guys, my panasonic hs350 seems having a problem.
When shaking the camera, the recording session stops, because the G sensor/sign appears for too often on the screen and the recording session stops.

Can someone pls try on an HS series (hs700) to shake the camera up and down holding it from the lens, like in the video, to see if the message appears also for you ?

I am worried that my camcorder hard disk is having problem.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47123267@N07/5193727437/

I am not sure if the problem is the hard disk or the g sensor

Thank you
If you put it in action/sport scene mode if won't complain.
post #1045 of 1624 Old 11-23-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Quiring
They don't play fine on my PC, Quad Core Q6600 2.4, 8gig of ram, NVidia 8800GT. I know my PC is old but it's the only video files that won't play smoothly on it.
My friend's PC has a similar cpu, but a different brand graphics card. It's an ATI if I remember right...don't know the model exactly. He was using Windows Media Player to play the files...
post #1046 of 1624 Old 11-23-2010, 10:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Quiring View Post
Have you tried playing it in Splash lite?

Some pointers I've been mentioning is to make sure your computer isn't doing too many things at the same time. Even opened web pages can slow down your computer a little. Get into the task manager and make sure their isn't programs eating your computer in the background such as updates services and sometimes even some virus protection programs can eat up a lot of power. Just make sure your careful to not disable something important.
post #1047 of 1624 Old 11-24-2010, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Quiring View Post

Gary,

I have a Quad Q6600 also with only 4Gig of ram with an old ATI Radeon1950Pro card and my 1080 60P videos play smooth as silk. I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.
post #1048 of 1624 Old 11-25-2010, 12:11 PM

Hey all, I'm the proud new owner of a brand new TM700!

I've been playing with the raw clips and I have to report that I have ZERO issues playing the files back using Media Player Classic. The videos don't stutter despite running probably the slowest system of anyone in this thread. I'm running a dual core 2.8Ghz intel centrino 2 w/ 512mb dedicated video ram. So, as you can see, not a powerhouse.

I've been converting my files from .MTS to .MP4 1280*720 @ 60p by Edius 2.5 (demo version). The resulting video is about 22% the size of the original files and I am able to edit the video without taxing my system. I've heard that this software drops frames in playback, which I don't mind as I'm only concerned about adding transitions, titles and eventually doing some slow motion. The resulting files are 720 60p according to the Media Info software.

I do have a question about how y'all are hosting your videos. I uploaded the same clip to Youtube and to Vimeo and have some complaints.

First, Vimeos quality and compression was quite nice and the site allows other members to download the original file, nice. However, Vimeo's playback seems to be dropping frames, resulting in slightly choppy video.

Next, Youtube's compression seemed to just decay the video quality of my files to the point where they aren't even enjoyable. Arg! How do you all upload from the TM700 to youtube and get quality results?

I'm currently waiting on results from VeeHD, they say they don't compress .MP4 files, so we'll see....

Plays choppy on my PC when streaming, however, no compression took place! http://vhd.me/4ait
post #1049 of 1624 Old 11-25-2010, 12:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotase View Post

Gary,

I have a Quad Q6600 also with only 4Gig of ram with an old ATI Radeon1950Pro card and my 1080 60P videos play smooth as silk. I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

It could be the video card. I don't know but my only solution is to not use the 60P mode. They are completely useless on my PC. I'm not upset about it because I don't really need that kind of quality since my videos are uploaded to YouTube where they kill the quality anyway.

I'm not a hardcore video guy, I still use Pinnacle to edit my stuff, the one time I tried Sony Vegas Pro it just seemed like too much work for what I needed.
post #1050 of 1624 Old 11-25-2010, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Cullen Colapietro,

If your waving the camera around, it may still look good if you view the 60p files but since Vimeo is throwing away half the frames it can be best to be more careful in your shooting style. If you have a clip that's already shot and you want it to look good, you should use a 2 pass encode with a decent size bit rate.

Also, when you start your project, make sure it's on a 60p time line to be safe.
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page