post #1111 of 1625 Old 11-30-2010, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud B View Post

Hi all,
Have any of you noticed that when shooting 1080/60P video to the 32GB Internal Memory and you quickly Pan left or right, a notice will come up on the LCD display stating that you panned too quickly.
I do not see it in the Final Product (Video) just on the display while shooting.

Well, I purchased a Lexar "Professional 133X" SDHC "Class 10" 32GB Card for Thanksgiving. ($109.00)
First thing that I noticed is that when I am shooting Video to the Lexar SDHC Card, I can Pan and Scan as fast as I want and I do not see that notice pop up on the Display telling me that I was panning to quickly.
I would surmise that the Camcorder can write quicker to the Lexar Class 10 card than it can to the Internal 32GB Memory!

You would think that Panasonic would install fast enough Memory into the camcorder that a Class 10 card would not show up the Pan Memory!
Not a big deal, stable video (Tri-Pod) I'll shoot to the Internal memory, Fast moving/Panning and Scanning Video will go to the Lexar Card!

Bud B

------------------------------------
The quality of your SDHC is not the problème. The problem in the shutter speed (like on a normal DSLR)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1112 of 1625 Old 11-30-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alainhubert View Post

Yes, Auto Slow Shutter has to be enabled in order to be able to select below 1/60. Lower speeds will be selected automatically with Night Color mode on.

Yes, Auto Slow Shutter works to set shutter speed at 1/30. May I ask one more thing? Earlier in the thread, it was mentioned that the iris on the TM700 could be set to f/1.5. I am able to get it to "Open," I'm able to vary the "dB," and I'm able to set the iris as low as f/2.8, but no faster in manual mode (not to f/1.5). Any advice on how to do this?
post #1113 of 1625 Old 11-30-2010, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizrank View Post

Yes, Auto Slow Shutter works to set shutter speed at 1/30. May I ask one more thing? Earlier in the thread, it was mentioned that the iris on the TM700 could be set to f/1.5. I am able to get it to "Open," I'm able to vary the "dB," and I'm able to set the iris as low as f/2.8, but no faster in manual mode (not to f/1.5). Any advice on how to do this?

Zoom out. The lens have variable speed: f/1.5 at wide, f/2.8 at full tele. If you go full wide and set the lens to f/1.5, the camera will say "OPEN", then if you zoom it, it will continue saying "OPEN", but it will reduce aperture gradually to f/2.8. You can set it to, say, f/1.8 and then zoom it, watch the aperture decreasing.

So, if you want constant image brightness while you zoom in and out, set aperture to f/2.8. If you set to any value between f/2.8 and f/5.6, it will still be the same aperture (same iris opening), but the camera will use built-in ND filter to filter out light.
post #1114 of 1625 Old 11-30-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alainhubert View Post

Yes, Auto Slow Shutter has to be enabled in order to be able to select below 1/60. Lower speeds will be selected automatically with Night Color mode on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungermann View Post

Zoom out. The lens have variable speed: f/1.5 at wide, f/2.8 at full tele. If you go full wide and set the lens to f/1.5, the camera will say "OPEN", then if you zoom it, it will continue saying "OPEN", but it will reduce aperture gradually to f/2.8. You can set it to, say, f/1.8 and then zoom it, watch the aperture decreasing.

So, if you want constant image brightness while you zoom in and out, set aperture to f/2.8. If you set to any value between f/2.8 and f/5.6, it will still be the same aperture (same iris opening), but the camera will use built-in ND filter to filter out light.

You've described it exactly. It works perfectly, as you advised. Thanks very much!
post #1115 of 1625 Old 11-30-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungermann View Post

Excellent reply, very helpful! Thanks!
post #1116 of 1625 Old 11-30-2010, 09:36 PM

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, but neither a forum search or web search has provided a definitive answer: is an NTSC version of the SD700 available in the US? The only vendors that I've found that are selling it to North America have priced it for more than the TM700, which defeats the purpose of trying to get the version without built-in memory.
post #1117 of 1625 Old 11-30-2010, 09:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Their is only the SD600 version in the US and it's NTSC.

I think all of the SD700 and SD707 versions are PAL.
post #1118 of 1625 Old 12-01-2010, 05:36 AM

Argh. I was afraid you'd say that. Why on earth would they not make it for the NTSC countries? There's certainly room in the pricing structure between the SD600 and the TM700.

The lack of the external mic jack on the SD600 is killing me, but the TM is at least $100 over my budget. And I'd actually prefer no built-in memory.
post #1119 of 1625 Old 12-01-2010, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

I can't believe I almost forgot about the SDT750. The US model is obviously NTSC and theirs no built in memory but since it comes with the 3D lens, you'll be forced to pay a big premium. It's an excellent deal if you into 3D but for people who aren't into 3D, that's another story.
post #1120 of 1625 Old 12-01-2010, 09:45 AM
myg

Hi all!

After 6 month of waiting let me congratulate you with shaking/jittering issue solution!

See info here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post19575077

Regards,
MYG
post #1121 of 1625 Old 12-01-2010, 05:08 PM

I would like to know if I will be able to upload and edit the HD video taken with the HDC-TM700. I own a Dell Inspiron E1705 laptop. It has an Intel Core duo processor T2250 @ 1.73GHz 1.73 GHz, 1GB of RAM, 32-bit Windows 7 Ultimate operating system, ATI Mobility Radeon x1400 graphics, 17" color screen. So, does my laptop cover the system requirements to edit HD video? Does the Panasonic HDC-TM700 come with video editing software when you purchase it?
post #1122 of 1625 Old 12-01-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUKAMOmember View Post

I would like to know if I will be able to upload and edit the HD video taken with the HDC-TM700. I own a Dell Inspiron E1705 laptop. It has an Intel Core duo processor T2250 @ 1.73GHz 1.73 GHz, 1GB of RAM, 32-bit Windows 7 Ultimate operating system, ATI Mobility Radeon x1400 graphics, 17" color screen. So, does my laptop cover the system requirements to edit HD video? Does the Panasonic HDC-TM700 come with video editing software when you purchase it?

Yes you can copy the files to your computer, edit, and render but you will need a faster computer to playback these files. your computer would be very sluggish trying to work with the TM700s 1080 60p files or any AVCHD. The TM700 does come with editing software, HD Writer, but I have not used it and I hear it's pretty basic, but Since Sony Vegas Pro 8c - 10a can edit, render to 1080 60p .WMV, .m2ts, .mp4 and .mov as does CS5 Premiere and After Effects. For just over $1000 bucks I built an i7 930 6 gig ram with 2 hard drives and it edits and plays the rendered files with ease. If you do consider the TM700, I would build a similar machine to mine but put an NVidea card with GPU, as Vegas Pro 10 now supports the use of graphic cards GPU.
Hope this helps, Danny Hays, Universal Studios FL
post #1123 of 1625 Old 12-01-2010, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

For sure the prices are getting very cheap to built a decent machine to edit 1080 60p. The i7 950 processor can cost you about $200 and the GTX470 card can be had for about $300. Basically with $500 for those combined components, your on your way to building a very powerful machine that will edit 1080 60p files just like Mini DV. Now if you putting multiple files on top of each other, color correct all those files and put multiple effects on the time line, that's when you'll need a minimum of 2 quad or 6 core processors or convert to a high bit rate intra frame codec.
post #1124 of 1625 Old 12-01-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira View Post

For sure the prices are getting very cheap to built a decent machine to edit 1080 60p. The i7 950 processor can cost you about $200 and the GTX470 card can be had for about $300. Basically with $500 for those combined components, your on your way to building a very powerful machine that will edit 1080 60p files just like Mini DV. Now if you putting multiple files on top of each other, color correct all those files and put multiple effects on the time line, that's when you'll need a minimum of 2 quad or 6 core processors or convert to a high bit rate intra frame codec.

I can do pic in pic, chromakey, brightness and contrast, ect and still have pretty good framerate in my preview but the Sony Vegas Pro color corrector effect, even on just one clip really drops the preview rate down. I originaly thought it was because every pixel is effect by it, but so does the brightness and contrast effect and that barely makes a difference,, I have a very basic 100 dollar NVidea card and I get good preview, with no color corrector, even with my native 1080 60p .mts files are almost full framerate. I may spring for the GTX470 but it would be nice if someone following this thread that has it can do a few tests for me,(us). Sony vegas Pro 10 uses GPU for the first time and anyone with it and the GTX470 could let us know how much difference it makes, I'd appreciate it. Danny Hays
post #1125 of 1625 Old 12-01-2010, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Would purchasing this burner (which comes with Arcsoft Total Media Extreme 2for Windows) solve all of my issues relating to the burning and playback of1080p/60fps blue ray discs? Would my PS3 have any issues playing these discs? thanks!
post #1126 of 1625 Old 12-01-2010, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

I actually do have those 2 components and editing in 1080 60p for both Edius 6 and Premiere CS5 is a breeze.

I don't use Vegas but I did do a torture test on Premiere CS5 with having 4 clips playing back at the same time in a 4 clip video meaning you'll see 4 different videos in one clip and mix that with transitions. It's fine playing 2 clips at the same time at 100% resolution but 4 clips is pushing my computer a little bit in which the playback will go from smooth to showing still photos on at least one of the clips once the clips is played back for a while. I admit I haven't played with it for a while and I might have had other things opened in the background. With all that said, you do not need to have full resolution in your playback. The preview picture quality looks decent in Medium setting.

I haven't really done a 4 clip screen on Edius 6 yet but I have compared the reliability with 1 clip and see that Edius is slightly more stable but you may only notice a difference when your scrubbing back and forth extremely quickly like a mad man. Still even people doing that may not notice any speed difference at all. For sure both NLE's are extremely stable when it comes to a computer with an i7 and a GTX 470 card for regular editing. Consumer computers have really entered a new stage with i7 processors and NVidia graphics cards like that.
post #1127 of 1625 Old 12-01-2010, 10:27 PM

which is the best laptop in the market for $2,000 or less, that I can upload, edit, playback, etc., HD videos from the HDC-TM700. Also, when I looked at the Panasonic website, why is there a K added to the model number, showing HDC-TM700K?
post #1128 of 1625 Old 12-01-2010, 10:56 PM
AVS Special Member

For laptops, a quad-core chip is a must and some of the better laptop have mobile versions of the GTX 460 and GTX480. With those cards, you'll have to hack it to take fully advantage of the Mercury Playback engine in Premiere CS5 although for Edius 6, you don't have to do anything. Even the cheaper GTX4xx cards will be good as long as it's at least 1,000MB. For extra reliability, having at least 2 drives is highly recommended. You do not want 1 hard drive doing every single task.

Perhaps you can get one made by Sager or others that are built specifically for gaming. Gaming laptops like that, easily allows you to change components inside and when ordering one, these companies will use the best laptop processors and graphics cards.

You'll have to think long and hard about rather or not you really need a laptop because i7 Processors for Desktop computers are significantly more powerful than i7 processors in laptops unless your able to find a laptop that users desktop parts but for sure something like that will not necessarily be portable at all and the price will be out of this world.
post #1129 of 1625 Old 12-02-2010, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira View Post
For laptops, a quad-core chip is a must and some of the better laptop have mobile versions of the GTX 460 and GTX480. With those cards, you'll have to hack it to take fully advantage of the Mercury Playback engine in Premiere CS5 although for Edius 6, you don't have to do anything. Even the cheaper GTX4xx cards will be good as long as it's at least 1,000MB. For extra reliability, having at least 2 drives is highly recommended. You do not want 1 hard drive doing every single task.

Perhaps you can get one made by Sager or others that are built specifically for gaming. Gaming laptops like that, easily allows you to change components inside and when ordering one, these companies will use the best laptop processors and graphics cards.

You'll have to think long and hard about rather or not you really need a laptop because i7 Processors for Desktop computers are significantly more powerful than i7 processors in laptops unless your able to find a laptop that users desktop parts but for sure something like that will not necessarily be portable at all and the price will be out of this world.
ah, ok. I did think long and hard about choosing a laptop over a desktop, mainly because I travel a lot. I looked at the Sager notebooks and they are evenly priced as other brands. I'm not too confident in buying a Sager since I've never really heard about them and I don't think too many consumers buy them. Could you choose a laptop for me, for $2000 or less, made by major brands like Sony, Toshiba, Dell/Alienware that would easily handle uploading, editing, playback, etc., of HC videos from the HDC-TM700?
post #1130 of 1625 Old 12-02-2010, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Thanks Paulo. If I were willing to bypass editing capabilites, can I just run the hdmi from the camcorder to the Digistor to create blue ray discs?

Also will these play in any blue ray player or just Panny's or PS3's?
post #1131 of 1625 Old 12-02-2010, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbturbo2 View Post

If I were willing to bypass editing capabilites, can I just run the hdmi from the camcorder to the Digistor to create blue ray discs?

Why would you want to go round trip in real time? Just copy the files onto a computer, then author a BD disc with MultiAVCHD.
post #1132 of 1625 Old 12-02-2010, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't think you can just hook up the camcorder straight to a blu-ray burner but you never know.

For playback on Blu-Ray players, it's a gamble. The PS3 can play it but not everybody will have the same results. Some people get good results and some people get not so good results. I haven't done much testing on my PS3 and I really need to do more to see what's really going on.

Another solution is to hook up an HD TV to your computer through HDMI. Playback can be used either by the Processor or Graphics card. In Splash, using my i7 processor, I get excellent playback at around 15% power. Not bad at all! If I set it to hard ware acceleration, my Processor hovers around 0 and 1%. My GTX card is literally doing all the work. That's amazing. Speaking of that card, I can set it to output either 24p or 60p to the TV.
post #1133 of 1625 Old 12-02-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Hays View Post

Yes you can copy the files to your computer, edit, and render but you will need a faster computer to playback these files. your computer would be very sluggish trying to work with the TM700s 1080 60p files or any AVCHD. The TM700 does come with editing software, HD Writer, but I have not used it and I hear it's pretty basic, but Since Sony Vegas Pro 8c - 10a can edit, render to 1080 60p .WMV, .m2ts, .mp4 and .mov as does CS5 Premiere and After Effects. For just over $1000 bucks I built an i7 930 6 gig ram with 2 hard drives and it edits and plays the rendered files with ease. If you do consider the TM700, I would build a similar machine to mine but put an NVidea card with GPU, as Vegas Pro 10 now supports the use of graphic cards GPU.
Hope this helps, Danny Hays, Universal Studios FL

ah, ok, thanks. I just want to be able to upload video into internet websites like youtube ,vimeo, dailymotion, etc. So, I should be able to do that on my current laptop computer system, right, using the included Panasonic HD Writer software?
post #1134 of 1625 Old 12-03-2010, 12:57 PM

Hello,

I am a new. Could you somebody tell me where is difference between Panasonic SD700 and Panasonic SD707. Sometimes there are letters such as: SD707 EG-S silver, SD707 k, SD707 EG-k. The ends k and s I think it is colour silver and black but the rest I cannot find anything.

Thank you for any answer
post #1135 of 1625 Old 12-03-2010, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member

The SD707 and SD700 camcorders are all PAL models. Some countries get SD707 and others get SD700. There both essentially the same.
post #1136 of 1625 Old 12-03-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUKAMOmember View Post

ah, ok, thanks. I just want to be able to upload video into internet websites like youtube ,vimeo, dailymotion, etc. So, I should be able to do that on my current laptop computer system, right, using the included Panasonic HD Writer software?

I have tried using HD Writer 2.1 to upload to Youtube and I get an error at the end of the export.

I am running a 2 core laptop w/ .5 gig of video memory and I can run Sony Movie Studio HD 10 to edit and export my clips. The preview playback is NOT smooth, but this doesn't bother me. I can do everything the big dogs can, I just can't play it back smoothly. However, for what I'm doing, cutting, transitions, title slides, etc. my system is fine.

Just out of curiosity, would anyone be willing to look over a custom computer build list and tell me if I'm missing anything/and incompatibly issues are present? PM me if you are willing. I can e-mail you the list if you include your e-mail. Cheers.
post #1137 of 1625 Old 12-04-2010, 04:57 PM

I'll just put this out there. I'm wondering if the following would make a decent editing system:

GTX460SE
4GB DDR3 1600
i7-875K
Intel P55 motherboard
SATA 3.0GB/s 7200RPM HDD
post #1138 of 1625 Old 12-04-2010, 05:18 PM

Just add another 7200 rpm drive for your media and it looks good. Two things I llike in your list are, the P55 MB chipset is compatible with the Intensity Shuttle and the NVidea cards GPU works with Sony Vegas Pro 10. Good choices I think. Danny Hays, Univeresal Studios FL
post #1139 of 1625 Old 12-05-2010, 10:09 PM

hi guys i am interested i the camera. but only if i can view the 50p material on my TV from what I've read the only way to get the true 50p i to do either of the following :

1,use a HTPC to watch the footage
2,use ps3 to watch the footage
3,use the camera it's self to watch the footage.

now i know that is going to sound bad but neither of the following is optimal for me.

1 -too expensive and a bit over kill just to view TM700 footage ( that's all it will be doing )
2 - i all ready have BD players and I'm not a gamer so again a bit over kill just to view TM700 footage ( that's all it will be doing )
3 - yes do-able, but i want to edit my footage and cut out the crap not just view the raws but the end result of the edit. plus that would be allot of use...

apart from the ps3 and building a custom htpc are there any avc level 4.2 media players out there (i couldn't find any) ?? my TVix N1 chokes badly on the raw 60p footage i downloaded online. but then again it's only stated for avc level 4.1 playback.

i would need to solve this b4 buying this great cam.

thanks guys - Marty.
post #1140 of 1625 Old 12-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Advanced Member

Hi AfricanMarty,
I notice that this forum seemed to stop here for awhile now, so I'll see if I can Jump Start it.

Since you are talking about 50P I will assume that you are not in the States and are using PAL.

Discussed in this thread and another TM 700 forum, it is mentioned that you can remove the SDHC card, insert it into certain AVCHD viable Panasonic Blu-Ray players and view the files or view directly from the TM-700 itself via Composite, Component or HDMI to your TV.

But bottom line, if you take this step into the future of HD Recording you will really want and NEED a decent computer to fully take advantage of all that this Cam offers.
You would also need this if you were dealing with today's DSLR or Digital Cameras that do or do not offer Video.
These Picture/Video devices need a place for you to store the taken Images/Video!

I was talking to a friend that took a cruise and she took over 700 pictures...not to mention Video with her camera, with the pictures alone can you imagine what that would have cost and the numbers of 35mm rolls of film it would have taken, to achieve this in the old Shoot and Develop your Pictures days!
That is in essence what the Digital age has brought to us all!
Just check Kodak's falling stock because they no longer sell Film for our cameras!

Same with Camcorders that took tapes that you had to put into the camcorder and get various length's of video that you could record.
Now today you can have as in the TM700 32GB of Internal Memory and with an SDXC card, the possibility of up to 2TB of Memory!
You no longer have the cost, hassle and packing of Tapes and Film when you go on Vacation or shoot anything for that matter!

I take my laptop with me on vacation and when I need to, I download my M2TS files to it's Hard Drive, delete my TM-700 memory and or card and I am ready for hours of shooting the next day!
I did this for my last European Vacation to London and Paris!
Can you imagine what that would have cost me in the old days of Film and Tapes! Besides even considering the possibility of 50 or 60P quality!
Granted my older Laptop could not play the files/video back without it being very choppy, but it was a perfect reservoir for my video files until I got home!
On my return home I transferred the files to my Computer and I could then Edit/View and Burn discs for my Family and Friends!
For those that had Blu-Ray players I could burn Blu-Ray disc's and for others that do not, I burned my edited files to a regular DVD.

Computers (these days) that will do what you need can already be easily purchased, at least in the States.
It's amazing what deals you can find on Dell, Gateway, HP, etc, computers that are up to the task.
My latest HP Pavilion Elite came with a AMD Phenom II X4 925 2.8 GHz Processor - 8 GB RAM - 1 TB Hard Drive - DVD+-RW - Blu-ray Player - Windows 7 64bit and at less than $700.00.
My other computer, I added an LG Blu-Ray Burner BH10LS30 and an XFX Radeon HD5770 Video Card for about a $350.00 upgrade.
I had done this though long before I got the TM700.

Bottom line is that with the TM700 or any Digital Camera and or Camcorders of today, they do offer a lot...and no you do not need to buy Film or Tapes,
but if you want to do it right and enjoy it's full potential, you do need to either buy a computer or upgrade the one you have and install the Programs needed for Editing and Burning!
Otherwise get a Camcorder that uses Tapes or Discs and save them.

With the TM700 and others like it, there is the Computer need, but if you have that, all of the recorded memories are free!
Except for recordable discs and you may want to pickup a 2TB external HDD to hold your Files!
The TM700 IS the Future..So Jump On-Board and Have Some Fun!
You will not regret it!
Plus the Holidays are here and the opportunity for lots of 50P or as in the States...60P Memories!

Take Care,
Bud B
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page