The Official Panasonic HDC-HS/SD/TM700 Owners thread - Page 41 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1201 of 1625 Old 12-25-2010, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
galileo2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
Posts: 3,816
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Members of the russian forum are saying that there is "new and improved" firmware version for those cams. Only available at the authorised service centers of Pana in Russia/Moscow. Deals with shaking and "blue" issues.

They say it is not like a new formware per ce, but rather new settings program.

AFAIK, not available anywhere in the Northern hemisphere.

Shouldn't we revolt?

Good time to buy computers and computer parts: NEVER
galileo2000 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1202 of 1625 Old 12-25-2010, 10:24 AM
Advanced Member
 
Webmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Denmark
Posts: 914
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Did any of you notice if the 700 series are slowly disappearing from stores?? Over here they are becoming hard to find - a sign of things to come at CES 2011?

Webmonkey is offline  
post #1203 of 1625 Old 12-25-2010, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
galileo2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
Posts: 3,816
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmonkey View Post

Did any of you notice if the 700 series are slowly disappearing from stores?? Over here they are becoming hard to find - a sign of things to come at CES 2011?


Obviously CES will have better models, to be released by April/May 2011 at full MSRP.

There are some ways to improve 600/700 series:

That's what I'd like to see, along with "bondi blue" and "shaking" fix:

1. larger sensors;
2. native 24p;
3. 1080/60i 24Mbps;

Good time to buy computers and computer parts: NEVER
galileo2000 is offline  
post #1204 of 1625 Old 12-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Member
 
toni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quidsane View Post

@toni1:
Actually one of the screenshots I provided (the 6th one) shows what happens when you insert a DVD of files. It just lists them for you to choose.

-----------------------
my following questions are:
1- Is there a continius automatic reading one file after the other (if you start playing the first file will reading continue ?
2-What is the quality (brand) of dvd blank media you use (I think dvd quality is a bottleneck factor here compared to non high def)
3-Do the playback looks good with no stuttering ?
toni1 is offline  
post #1205 of 1625 Old 12-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Senior Member
 
alainhubert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 265
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by galileo2000 View Post

Obviously CES will have better models, to be released by April/May 2011 at full MSRP.

There are some ways to improve 600/700 series:

That's what I'd like to see, along with "bondi blue" and "shaking" fix:

1. larger sensors;
2. native 24p;
3. 1080/60i 24Mbps;


Yes, and don't forget a SILENT fan...
BTW, the TM750 is already out, but doesn't introduce much improvements except "shaking fix" and a "quieter" fan. As for "bondi blue" I don't think they've fix that either...but I could be wrong.
alainhubert is offline  
post #1206 of 1625 Old 12-25-2010, 01:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
marcolisi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 790
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys, are u sure that the nw tm700 is really better in low light than the old tm300/350 models :

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content...erformance.htm

I am not sure about it...
marcolisi is offline  
post #1207 of 1625 Old 12-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Senior Member
 
alainhubert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 265
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcolisi View Post

Hi guys, are u sure that the nw tm700 is really better in low light than the old tm300/350 models :

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content...erformance.htm

I am not sure about it...

According to Panasonic it is supposed to be at least twice as good.


From Panasonic web site on the TM700:
"New technology to raise light-gathering efficiency has also improved sensor sensitivity and cut noise in half (Compared to previous Panasonic models)."

https://panasonic.ca/english/audiovi...D_features.asp
alainhubert is offline  
post #1208 of 1625 Old 12-25-2010, 03:37 PM
Advanced Member
 
marcolisi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 790
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by alainhubert View Post

According to Panasonic it is supposed to be at least twice as good.


From Panasonic web site on the TM700:
"New technology to raise light-gathering efficiency has also improved sensor sensitivity and cut noise in half (Compared to previous Panasonic models)."

https://panasonic.ca/english/audiovi...D_features.asp

and do u believe what they say ?
do we have hard proofs to support their statements ?
tx
marcolisi is offline  
post #1209 of 1625 Old 12-25-2010, 04:11 PM
Senior Member
 
alainhubert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 265
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcolisi View Post

and do u believe what they say ?
do we have hard proofs to support their statements ?
tx

Yes, it could be all marketing hype. But since I don't have both a TM300 and TM700 to do my own tests, I'll have to rely on their statement.
alainhubert is offline  
post #1210 of 1625 Old 12-26-2010, 12:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
v1rtu0s1ty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: n0rth3rn 1ll1n01s
Posts: 3,237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by alainhubert View Post

Yes, and don't forget a SILENT fan...
BTW, the TM750 is already out, but doesn't introduce much improvements except "shaking fix" and a "quieter" fan. As for "bondi blue" I don't think they've fix that either...but I could be wrong.

I asked my 2 boys to listen on the fan noise but they told me they could barely hear it. I can hear it once I put my ears beside the fan like at 2mm away.

They can hear the high frequency tone from the iPhone application very well that I could very hardly hear. So they really have great hearing.

Maybe mine contains fixes?
v1rtu0s1ty is offline  
post #1211 of 1625 Old 12-26-2010, 04:41 AM
Member
 
Quidsane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry for the delay in responding. Christmas and all that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizrank View Post

This is really great news, and I see the 370 on sale today, so I'm thinking of getting one. You didn't mention having to use the AVCHD root menu folders in your description of playing MTS and M2TS files via USB. Does the Sony S270 simply read the MTS or MT2S files directly from your flash drive? And does the Sony play a 1920x1080p60p DVD without stuttering? If so, wonderful! And thank you for sharing your discovery.

No AVCHD file structure necessary. Yep, this player plays 1920x1080p60p files from USB and DVD flawlessly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toni1 View Post

-----------------------
my following questions are:
1- Is there a continius automatic reading one file after the other (if you start playing the first file will reading continue ?
2-What is the quality (brand) of dvd blank media you use (I think dvd quality is a bottleneck factor here compared to non high def)
3-Do the playback looks good with no stuttering ?

1. Yes
2. Taiyo-Yuden hub-printable DVD-R's (4.37gb) and cheap TDK DVD-R's (4.37gb).
3. No stuttering.
Quidsane is offline  
post #1212 of 1625 Old 12-26-2010, 05:47 AM
Advanced Member
 
mariner888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 584
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Good work, Quidsane.

Did you hear the loud disc spinning noise most people seemed to complain about?
mariner888 is offline  
post #1213 of 1625 Old 12-26-2010, 06:59 AM
Senior Member
 
Shadowboricua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 254
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by toni1
-----------------------
my following questions are:
1- Is there a continius automatic reading one file after the other (if you start playing the first file will reading continue ?
2-What is the quality (brand) of dvd blank media you use (I think dvd quality is a bottleneck factor here compared to non high def)
3-Do the playback looks good with no stuttering ?
#2???? You think that video quality is affected by DVD brand quality??? Crazy!! Hehehehe
Shadowboricua is offline  
post #1214 of 1625 Old 12-26-2010, 08:40 AM
Member
 
toni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowboricua View Post
#2???? You think that video quality is affected by DVD brand quality??? Crazy!! Hehehehe
-----------------------
Hehehehe of course : if you google a little more you may better understand this.
Just type : media quality + blank dvd or else and you will see for yourself.

A same brand of dvd can be prduced in different factories around the world. They dont have all the same quality standards. Inexpensive 100 spindles dvds are usualy rubish (coasters) qualitywise.

Tayo youden Quidsane uses is top notch in term of quality (transfert rate, printing errors etc).

Experimented users knows that very well.
toni1 is offline  
post #1215 of 1625 Old 12-26-2010, 08:47 AM
Member
 
toni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quidsane View Post
Sorry for the delay in responding. Christmas and all that...



No AVCHD file structure necessary. Yep, this player plays 1920x1080p60p files from USB and DVD flawlessly.



1. Yes
2. Taiyo-Yuden hub-printable DVD-R's (4.37gb) and cheap TDK DVD-R's (4.37gb).
3. No stuttering.
-------------------------------
Are your TDK as good as your Tayo Yuden in 1080p 60 . if yes did you identify producer (since TDK produces no more its DVD since 2007)
toni1 is offline  
post #1216 of 1625 Old 12-26-2010, 09:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Shadowboricua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 254
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by toni1

-----------------------
Hehehehe of course : if you google a little more you may better understand this.
Just type : media quality + blank dvd or else and you will see for yourself.

A same brand of dvd can be prduced in different factories around the world. They dont have all the same quality standards. Inexpensive 100 spindles dvds are usualy rubish (coasters) qualitywise.

Tayo youden Quidsane uses is top notch in term of quality (transfert rate, printing errors etc).

Experimented users knows that very well.
Burning quality not equal to video quality. Sorry, there is no way video quality has anything to do with the quality of the disc. If we talk durability, burning quality, etc, yes. But video quality, no. This is the same crap with hdmi cables. I could read all I want in the Internet, but 30 cent cable works as well as my $80 one. Video quality is file, player and display dependent.
Shadowboricua is offline  
post #1217 of 1625 Old 12-26-2010, 11:09 AM
Member
 
toni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowboricua View Post

Burning quality not equal to video quality. Sorry, there is no way video quality has anything to do with the quality of the disc. If we talk durability, burning quality, etc, yes. But video quality, no. This is the same crap with hdmi cables. I could read all I want in the Internet, but 30 cent cable works as well as my $80 one. Video quality is file, player and display dependent.

-------------------------

Who is talking of video quality ,please read again my post, I was talking of dvd quality.

Stuttering, and unrecognisable media can be explained (but not only) by media quality (quality of printed information). another factor (and not only) is (can be ) the player specifications and tolerance of reading errors and so
toni1 is offline  
post #1218 of 1625 Old 12-26-2010, 08:00 PM
Newbie
 
garbarsarbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quidsane

Which HDTV did you use with this player? I am planning to buy Samsung LN46c670, but not sure if this player you suggested for playing 1080/60p videos will work with this particular TV. Thanks for your extremely useful info-.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quidsane View Post

Sorry for the delay in responding. Christmas and all that...

No AVCHD file structure necessary. Yep, this player plays 1920x1080p60p files from USB and DVD flawlessly.

1. Yes
2. Taiyo-Yuden hub-printable DVD-R's (4.37gb) and cheap TDK DVD-R's (4.37gb).
3. No stuttering.

garbarsarbar is offline  
post #1219 of 1625 Old 12-26-2010, 09:33 PM
Advanced Member
 
mariner888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 584
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Placed an order for a BDP-S570 despite all the negative reviews. It costs a few dollars more, but comes with a bonus feature - 3D.

Thanks again to Quidsane for sharing the info.
mariner888 is offline  
post #1220 of 1625 Old 12-27-2010, 09:37 PM
Member
 
Bugler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southeast Texas/The Right Side of Texas
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and thought I'd ask your opinions. I'm buying a new laptop with the intentions of getting the TM700 later. I've read many of the posts here in the owners section, but still unsure as to what is needed to edit the content. Here is what I'm hoping will work:

Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
Processor Intel® Core i5-560M (2.66GHz, 4 threads, turbo boost up to 3.2GHz, 3M cache)
Memory 8GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 Memory
Video Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 420M 1GB graphics with Optimus

If I need to I can move up:

PROCESSOR Intel® Core i7-840QM (1.86GHz, 8 threads, turbo boost up to 3.2GHz, 8M cache)
VIDEO CARD NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 435M 2GB graphics
MEMORY 8GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 Memory

Thanks in advance for your help.
Bugler is offline  
post #1221 of 1625 Old 12-28-2010, 07:25 AM
Member
 
Stoeffsei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugler View Post
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and thought I'd ask your opinions. I'm buying a new laptop with the intentions of getting the TM700 later. I've read many of the posts here in the owners section, but still unsure as to what is needed to edit the content. Here is what I'm hoping will work:

Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
Processor Intel® Core i5-560M (2.66GHz, 4 threads, turbo boost up to 3.2GHz, 3M cache)
Memory 8GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 Memory
Video Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 420M 1GB graphics with Optimus

If I need to I can move up:

PROCESSOR Intel® Core i7-840QM (1.86GHz, 8 threads, turbo boost up to 3.2GHz, 8M cache)
VIDEO CARD NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 435M 2GB graphics
MEMORY 8GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 Memory

Thanks in advance for your help.
Since you can move up: You'll be happier with the faster machine for editing or later regreting to have saved some hundred in short term.
But you can edit on both machines and it may, beside NLE, also depend on what lenght your movies shall be then. If it's: No corrections, few transitions, short movies: Easy on the slower one. Everything else: Rendering takes time and is much related to CPU...
Stoeffsei is offline  
post #1222 of 1625 Old 12-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Member
 
Bugler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southeast Texas/The Right Side of Texas
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoeffsei View Post
Since you can move up: You'll be happier with the faster machine for editing or later regreting to have saved some hundred in short term.
But you can edit on both machines and it may, beside NLE, also depend on what lenght your movies shall be then. If it's: No corrections, few transitions, short movies: Easy on the slower one. Everything else: Rendering takes time and is much related to CPU...
Thanks for your and the other responses. I believe I will go with the i7 and not have to wonder why I didn't do it later. I'll find another way to get it to the big screen for the family viewing.
Bugler is offline  
post #1223 of 1625 Old 12-28-2010, 11:55 PM
Member
 
Bizrank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quidsane View Post

Haven't gone through this whole thread yet (working on that now) and don't know if this has been mentioned yet.
I posted about this on camcorderinfo and I think it bears repeating here (if it hasn't already been discussed):

I have discovered something!

I've discovered that the VERY inexpensive Sony BDP-S270 can play the 1080p/60fps raw video from this camera when placed on a USB stick.
Player displays "1080/60p" while playing.

After the discovery, I tested three file extensions (.mts, .m2ts, .mkv) and they all worked!
The .mts file (00000.mts) was dragged right of the SD card straight out of the camera (which the Sony detected as "M2TS").
The .m2ts file (20100821_212439.m2ts) was imported off of the internal flash drive with HD Writer (no conversion). The Sony detected this as "M2TS" as well.
The .mkv file (20100821_215351.mkv) is actually an .m2ts file with the extension changed. This was detected as "MKV". Then I BURNED THE FILES TO DISC and
YES! The future is here! Everything played flawlessly! Some screenshots here (notice the video bitrate at the bottom left):




Tried this same experiment on my Oppo BDP-83 and it will not recognize .mts or .m2ts as file extensions.
Oppo only "sees" .mkv. Alas, the .mkv was too much for the Oppo it would "stutter-play" the file.
Too annoying to watch for more than a few seconds.

But that is all moot because now we have this Sony BDP-S270.
This player is 100 bucks (give or take) at freaking Wal-mart!
This is the lower end of the Sony spectrum so I would expect that the higher end models (BDP-S370, etc.) can play these files as well.

YAY!

I only changed file extensions for experimentation purposes.
If you copy an .mts file right off the SD card straight out of the camera, the Sony BDP-S270 will detect it as "M2TS".
This works on USB flash drive and on standard single-layer DVD5 (4.37gb). I have not tried with DVD9 or BR Disc.
I used Nero to burn .mts files as DATA using "DVD-ROM (UDF)" as compilation type.
I am still completely amazed about the fact that the Sony can handle these files

My sincere apologies if this has already been discovered/discussed.

I own the HDC-TM700, and I had been trying to create SDHC cards that played AVCHD on my Panasonic blu-ray (low end), with no luck. And the DVDs I burned suffered from stuttering. But thanks to Quidsane's observations about the BDP-S270, I recently went out to buy it. Instead, I bought the Sony BDP-S570 blu ray player. It will play AVCHD files at 1920x1080p 60p files via USB jump drive, and it plays them perfectly. I have also used MultiAVCHD to create AVCHD folders using M2TS files, then used ImgBurn to create DVD disks that play wonderfully in the BDP-S570--again, without stuttering. While I originally went out to buy the BDP-S270, as per Quidsane's suggestion, the S570 is now available at a great discount at Ultimate Electronics. I have not used it for 3D, but it is capable of that and all manner of internet use and more.

So here's the perfect marriage for those, like me, who are not quite ready to jump into editing: the Panasonic TM700 and the Sony BDP-570 blu ray player.
Bizrank is offline  
post #1224 of 1625 Old 12-29-2010, 03:49 AM
Member
 
toni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizrank View Post

I own the HDC-TM700, and I had been trying to create SDHC cards that played AVCHD on my Panasonic blu-ray (low end), with no luck. And the DVDs I burned suffered from stuttering. But thanks to Quidsane's observations about the BDP-S270, I recently went out to buy it. Instead, I bought the Sony BDP-S570 blu ray player. It will play AVCHD files at 1920x1080p 60p files via USB jump drive, and it plays them perfectly. I have also used MultiAVCHD to create AVCHD folders using M2TS files, then used ImgBurn to create DVD disks that play wonderfully in the BDP-S570--again, without stuttering. While I originally went out to buy the BDP-S270, as per Quidsane's suggestion, the S570 is now available at a great discount at Ultimate Electronics. I have not used it for 3D, but it is capable of that and all manner of internet use and more.

So here's the perfect marriage for those, like me, who are not quite ready to jump into editing: the Panasonic TM700 and the Sony BDP-570 blu ray player.

---------------------------

Agree with your statements. I myself rushed to get a Sony player and since 270 was not available (my region in France) I got the bdp 470 (same pricing for 370).
I burned first a data cd chosen in M2TS files (high speed burning 54xwith Nero7) Playing back was "stuttery"
Then burned TDK dvd at 4x speed and miracle the files playing were as good as diirectly played from Cam.
But there from file to next there is a visible automatic a stop start . can MultiAVCHD join those files without loss ?
Thanks again for Quidsane who started this.
--------
BY THE WAY I succeded creation of an AVCHD type DVD with BR (Blue ray on normal dvd) specifications 25Mbs interlaced) .
First created BR type file , then importing and burning it as AVCHD with menues and so. My new sony plays them fine and so my older Samsung player BDP 2500 but not my pana DMP-BD45 (wont recognize as valid disc)

CONCLUSION / IF YOU HAVE A PANA TM700 YOU SHOULD GET A SONY PLAYER THAT CAN READ DATA DVD (no need to be an expert in editing . ITS JUST FILE COPYING)
toni1 is offline  
post #1225 of 1625 Old 12-29-2010, 09:17 AM
Member
 
labba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Audio question (and maybe a dumb one). I've transferred tm700 files through HD writer AE to my computer as m2ts files, then opened those in Sony Vegas Movie Studio 10 Platinum, and imported the files. Worked fine regardless of whether it was HA or 60p format...video and audio play well.

But Vegas won't let me open the audio to edit either directly or in Sound Forge without doing it as a "copy" which translates it to Wav.

Am I doing something wrong or is this normal? Does this mean I lose some audio quality when I render it later on?
labba is offline  
post #1226 of 1625 Old 12-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Member
 
Bizrank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by toni1 View Post

---------------------------

Agree with your statements. I myself rushed to get a Sony player and since 270 was not available (my region in France) I got the bdp 470 (same pricing for 370).
I burned first a data cd chosen in M2TS files (high speed burning 54xwith Nero7) Playing back was "stuttery"
Then burned TDK dvd at 4x speed and miracle the files playing were as good as diirectly played from Cam.
But there from file to next there is a visible automatic a stop start . can MultiAVCHD join those files without loss ?
Thanks again for Quidsane who started this.
--------
BY THE WAY I succeded creation of an AVCHD type DVD with BR (Blue ray on normal dvd) specifications 25Mbs interlaced) .
First created BR type file , then importing and burning it as AVCHD with menues and so. My new sony plays them fine and so my older Samsung player BDP 2500 but not my pana DMP-BD45 (wont recognize as valid disc)

CONCLUSION / IF YOU HAVE A PANA TM700 YOU SHOULD GET A SONY PLAYER THAT CAN READ DATA DVD (no need to be an expert in editing . ITS JUST FILE COPYING)

Glad you've had success. I am able to transfer an AVCHD folder to the flash drive I mentioned, along with individual MTS and Mp4 files, etc. The BDP-S570 gives you a screen with all of those listed. When I click on the multiAVCD-created AVCHD folder, the top menu appears, and the scenes play back individually one after the other, without any stopping. (And most importantly, without any stuttering!). I have not had experience with the Nero, and I'm not sure whwat you mean by a "stop-start" thing. But with the MultiAVCHD created AVCHD folder, followed by the ImgBurn, the DVD disk created works fine in the Sony BDP-S570 blu ray player. I did notice last evening while using the DVD disk in my computer that I had to advance file by file in Splash Pro, which otherwise plays every single M2TS or MTS 60p file as smooth as silk. I need to take the tutorial on the wonderful MultiAVCHD. Anyhow, all of this is good news for TM700 owners, I think.
Bizrank is offline  
post #1227 of 1625 Old 12-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Member
 
rak306's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Syracuse NY
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I haven't owned a camcorder in 13 years. The last one I had was a low end professional 3 x 1/2" CCD ($7000) sony hi-8 model. I'm interested in purchasing a new one (much lower budget this time), and I just finished reading all 41 pages of this thread. I am amazed by the video quality of some of the clips posted. Unfortunately audio input quality looks like it hasn't changed a bit, (or got even worse, with the 600 not even having an external input).

I think someone should make an FAQ for this model. After reading all of this, I still am not sure of of some basic facts (not that they are not in there somewhere).

I know that the tm700 records in 1080/60p, but which of these formats (US version) does it also record in natively (i.e. without conversion after the fact)?

1080/60i, 1080/30p, 1080/24p; 720/60p, 720/30p, 720/24p

While not the best video possible from this camcorder, all of these lesser formats should be easier to deal with, both in editing and playing back.
rak306 is offline  
post #1228 of 1625 Old 12-29-2010, 03:50 PM
Senior Member
 
alainhubert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 265
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rak306 View Post

I haven't owned a camcorder in 13 years. The last one I had was a low end professional 3 x 1/2" CCD ($7000) sony hi-8 model. I'm interested in purchasing a new one (much lower budget this time), and I just finished reading all 41 pages of this thread. I am amazed by the video quality of some of the clips posted. Unfortunately audio input quality looks like it hasn't changed a bit, (or got even worse, with the 600 not even having an external input).

I think someone should make an FAQ for this model. After reading all of this, I still am not sure of of some basic facts (not that they are not in there somewhere).

I know that the tm700 records in 1080/60p, but which of these formats (US version) does it also record in natively (i.e. without conversion after the fact)?

1080/60i, 1080/30p, 1080/24p; 720/60p, 720/30p, 720/24p

While not the best video possible from this camcorder, all of these lesser formats should be easier to deal with, both in editing and playing back.

With the TM700 it's pretty simple:
1080 60p, 1080 60i, 1080 24p (60i with integrated telecine 3:2 pulldown)

The last one is 24p within a 60i container (requires telecine 3:2 pulldown removal prior to working in true 24p in video editing programs)

1080 60p has only one level of compression: 28Mbps VBR
1080 60i has a choice of 4 different compression levels:HA @ 17Mbps, HG @ 13Mbps, HX @ 9Mbps, and HE @ 5Mbps. (also applicable to 24p mode)
alainhubert is offline  
post #1229 of 1625 Old 01-02-2011, 04:20 AM
Member
 
Quidsane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariner888 View Post
Good work, Quidsane.

Did you hear the loud disc spinning noise most people seemed to complain about?
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toni1 View Post
-------------------------------
Are your TDK as good as your Tayo Yuden in 1080p 60 . if yes did you identify producer (since TDK produces no more its DVD since 2007)
ImgBurn reports: Manufacturer ID: CMC MAG. AM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbarsarbar View Post
Quidsane

Which HDTV did you use with this player? I am planning to buy Samsung LN46c670, but not sure if this player you suggested for playing 1080/60p videos will work with this particular TV. Thanks for your extremely useful info-.
That would be the Panasonic TH-58PZ800U.
Quidsane is offline  
post #1230 of 1625 Old 01-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Member
 
toni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quidsane View Post

Nope.



ImgBurn reports: Manufacturer ID: CMC MAG. AM3



That would be the Panasonic TH-58PZ800U.

----------------------------


Producer : CMC magnetics (taiwan, China)
2nd class media (Ok or passable discs) 75-90% OK

My TDKs are Moser Baer (india)
Same catégory (2nd calss)

Had some problems on them
I will try to use ImgBurn to see if more success

I ll also try authentic Verbatims

A question I am asking for Sony player is it easier with small clips than with a long video ?
toni1 is offline  
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off