The Official Panasonic HDC-HS/SD/TM700 Owners thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1625 Old 05-08-2010, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
About time for a dedicated thread for owners i think. Would be nice to hear about all your tips and tricks with this camera. I recived mine a few days ago and are still learning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1625 Old 05-08-2010, 03:40 PM

moderators please delete my other thread

hey all
sorry for staring a new thread but the last one is getting clogged up with stuff i dont want to read, im not interested in if the sony blah blah or jvc is better than this camera, as i have just bought this one and i love it.
now to my question
completely new to HD and tapeless filming
i want to shoot in the best resolution possible but it chokes my mac more than ive ever seen
i have a core 2 duo imac with 4 gigs of ram, upgrading my editing system is out of the question at this point.
i want to edit my panny footage with fcp, the version i have is fcp 5.
right now my output mostly consists of posting in hd on youtube.
can i shoot at 1080/60p (to archive for the future when i get a system / solution that works with it) and then convert it to something my lowly mac accept easily without grounding to a halt ?
i read i can convert it to 720p ? , what do i use to do that ?

i am looking for a preferably free solution and something that does not take all night to convert a few clips, any advice taken greatfully.
ive read a ton of threads but im totally lost, i just want to shoot, edit and post
with as few hoop jumping as possible
post #3 of 1625 Old 05-10-2010, 06:55 AM
KWP

My AMD dual core PC with 4gb was choking on the data at first as well. After installing the software that came with the camera, the video plays smoothly.

Glenurse666, have you tried that?

KP
post #4 of 1625 Old 05-10-2010, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter

Maybe you could shoot 1080P/60 and save for the future and at the same time downconverte "in-camera" to a lower mode and then use the downconverted version on your computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenurse666 View Post

moderators please delete my other thread

hey all
sorry for staring a new thread but the last one is getting clogged up with stuff i dont want to read, im not interested in if the sony blah blah or jvc is better than this camera, as i have just bought this one and i love it.
now to my question
completely new to HD and tapeless filming
i want to shoot in the best resolution possible but it chokes my mac more than ive ever seen
i have a core 2 duo imac with 4 gigs of ram, upgrading my editing system is out of the question at this point.
i want to edit my panny footage with fcp, the version i have is fcp 5.
right now my output mostly consists of posting in hd on youtube.
can i shoot at 1080/60p (to archive for the future when i get a system / solution that works with it) and then convert it to something my lowly mac accept easily without grounding to a halt ?
i read i can convert it to 720p ? , what do i use to do that ?

i am looking for a preferably free solution and something that does not take all night to convert a few clips, any advice taken greatfully.
ive read a ton of threads but im totally lost, i just want to shoot, edit and post
with as few hoop jumping as possible

post #5 of 1625 Old 05-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Advanced Member

I have a question for the panny HS700 owners:

- how is the G sensor on the new HS700 ?

On my older HS350 model the G sensor is a pain. It stops the recording session when the camcorder is continually getting the G (gravity) sensor showing up on the lcd.

Is it true that the new HS350 records in a buffer memory to avoid stopping the recording session when the camcorder gets too many shook ?

Thnak you
post #6 of 1625 Old 05-10-2010, 10:40 AM

Thanks Rico for starting an OWNERS thread. It's my hope that we get much better SNR on Panasonic HS/SD/TM700 here and pull a bunch of owners from the other thread.

I don't care about debating product XYZ features against my TM700 camcorder. I can easily go somewhere else for that

Anyways, does anyone use a multi-coat UV filter for the HS/SD/TM700?
I've seen a few different manufacturers for the 046mm type.
Any manufacturer recommendations?
post #7 of 1625 Old 05-10-2010, 12:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1398 Post(s)
Liked: 1520
I'll add to Freddy's thanks too. I think this a great idea and if it keeps out the endless trolling, I'm all for it!

I don't know if you saw this glenurse, but I posted this in your thread. It probably doesn't help a whole lot, but for what's it worth here it is:

I'm not familiar with FCP (not a Mac user), but I'd guess it can do the conversion since many less capable programs can.

I use Edius Professional, a Windows-based program, and it has no problems converting into a variety of lesser formats such as 1080i, 720p etc. There is also a much cheaper version of Edius that can do this too. Conversion abilities also exist within the camera itself as well as the provided software. However, I don't believe the software will work in the Mac environment.

I think the best thing you can do is to determine if FCP can do this conversion, but I'd be surprised if it can't since it's such a full-featured program.

But your thought process is correct, shoot in the best consumer format possible, 1080p and archive it for later use. I'm sure some Mac users will chime in here.
post #8 of 1625 Old 05-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I'm VERY new to this type of video (till recently had a Mini DV) and I have some very basic questions.

I got my TM700 just over a week ago and still haven't filmed much because I'm a little afraid to film in a format that I can't use for the next few years.

My HTPC (Dell 540s) has a Core 2 Quad 2.33 Ghz CPU with a G45 GPU and playing 1080p clips through Media Center is not smooth. Here's the kicker, my HTPC is connected to my 50" 720p Panasonic plasma and the software requiers *768 for minimal resolution, DAM.

1. Should my hardware be able to play the 1080p (28Mbps) or do I need to upgrade something?

2. Should I be able to play all clips continuously (without playing through the camera) using WMC? Again, the included software will not open in my set up while using my HDTV as a monitor.
post #9 of 1625 Old 05-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 18
From the other thread, djandrea posted severl video with the TM700 having really good low light footage absent any grain that I could detect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SaRhf7bzsQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFAJlsxQJto

He stated that setting the "Scene Mode" (Menu->Record Setup->Scene Mode to "Night Scenery") was how he captured those excellent shots.

He stated also that enabling "Intelligent Contrast" would further improve the PQ.

I was curious about how to do this manually. First requirement is to enable "Auto Slow Shutter" (via Menu->Record Setup) to get the 1/30 shutter speed. Then go into the QMenu and select that speed. Next is Iris, you want that as open as possible to let in max light. Also then enable "Intelligent Contrast" via QMenu.

Still playing with this but seems the closest manual setting to "Night Scenery".

The TM700 menu is quirky, and could be more intuitive/user friendly. It's one savings grace is the "info" button and disabled button feedback. Sadly some menu items simply disappear depending on whether or not other settings are enabled.
post #10 of 1625 Old 05-11-2010, 06:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Guy View Post

I'm VERY new to this type of video (till recently had a Mini DV) and I have some very basic questions.

I got my TM700 just over a week ago and still haven't filmed much because I'm a little afraid to film in a format that I can't use for the next few years.

My HTPC (Dell 540s) has a Core 2 Quad 2.33 Ghz CPU with a G45 GPU and playing 1080p clips through Media Center is not smooth. Here's the kicker, my HTPC is connected to my 50" 720p Panasonic plasma and the software requiers *768 for minimal resolution, DAM.

1. Should my hardware be able to play the 1080p (28Mbps) or do I need to upgrade something?

2. Should I be able to play all clips continuously (without playing through the camera) using WMC? Again, the included software will not open in my set up while using my HDTV as a monitor.

I thought we addressed this is a previous thread, no? At any rate, you may have problems playing 1080p clips smoothly with Media Center on your setup. You'll probably have better luck playing them on the free, included Panasonic software. I only have a dual-core on one of my computers and it plays much better on the Panasonic software than Media player. However, on my I7-equipped computer, it plays like butter no matter how I play it...very very smooth.

There's no need to be 'afraid' that you can't play your clips. Why not just play it directly from the camera connected via HDMI to your Panasonic plasma??? Free solution, all clips play continuously or individually...your choice. To me this is by far the easiest and most satisfying way to watch and you know your watching it in the best resolution possible for YOUR setup. I've done this with all my prior camcorders, 1080p, 1080i, HDV and DV. This has nothing to do with 1080p. It's just the simplest way to watch the video you've just shot. Just make sure you select a compatible output from the camcorder that your display likes.

As for playing it on your 768p plasma, does the plasma not accept 1080p? Some don't but some do and the video is simply downcoverted as would happen when watching or playing 1080i broadcasts or 1080i camcorder videos. You mentioned that your software requires a minimum of 768p, so you should have no problem with 1080i or 1080p...I would think.

I'll tell you this, many many times HTPC setups are by far not the easiest way to get things done. I can't remember how many posts I've read over the years where people were jumping through hoops to get their HTPC to play nice with other equipment. I've never bothered with this. Take an HDMI cable, attach to your camcorder & HDTV, hit play and your done. No need to worry about software, resolutions, video card compatibility, etc. etc.

If you still want to use your HTPC, unless you use compatible software, I doubt you'll be able to play individual clips continuously. Of course this has nothing to do with 1080p and is true for any clips of any format. They must be 'stitched' together in some way through software or played out through the camera.

Optionally, if you have a PS3, you can play clips continuously through that or individually if you so choose.
post #11 of 1625 Old 05-11-2010, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

I just recived my mini hdmi cable and connected my TM700 to our Panasonic TX-P42X10 HD ready plasma. When i played 1080P/50-clips the TV only showed 1080i when i pressed the info button on my plasma remote.

When i watch them from my PS3 Slim it shows in 1080P/50. Shouldnt my TV be able to show 1080P? I think it can because when i start my PS3 i can see that the TV shows 1080P when going to PS3-menu. I used the side hdmi connector when i tried with the camera. Could the 3 hdmi ports be different on the TV?, or could the cable itself be the limitation? I dont find any specific settings on the TV to configure each hdmi port.

Thanks.
post #12 of 1625 Old 05-11-2010, 10:03 AM

Another TM700 owner here!

I've found the AFAE feature to be one of the finest features of this cam besides the incredible motion and image quality.

Simply hit the AFAE box on the screen then tap the spot on the screen you want in focus. Perfectly smooth focus shift between objects at different distances with just the touch of a finger!

Another major benefit is that the 1080/60p gives incredible screen captures for web work. Realistically most of our photo needs these days are to share with friends and family. The progressive mode gives incredible images to send via email or facebook. Sorry but you won't get anything like the attached image with interlaced video and blending fields.

Cheers,
Pete
LL
post #13 of 1625 Old 05-11-2010, 02:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico90 View Post

I just recived my mini hdmi cable and connected my TM700 to our Panasonic TX-P42X10 HD ready plasma. When i played 1080P/50-clips the TV only showed 1080i when i pressed the info button on my plasma remote.

When i watch them from my PS3 Slim it shows in 1080P/50. Shouldnt my TV be able to show 1080P? I think it can because when i start my PS3 i can see that the TV shows 1080P when going to PS3-menu. I used the side hdmi connector when i tried with the camera. Could the 3 hdmi ports be different on the TV?, or could the cable itself be the limitation? I dont find any specific settings on the TV to configure each hdmi port.

Thanks.

Rico, try forcing the 700 to output 1080p in the menu. You may have it set to auto and the cam sees you don't have a 1080p display, so it 'negotiates' a lower Rez with your tv.
post #14 of 1625 Old 05-11-2010, 02:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Pete, it is an amazing cam! Glad to see you're having a blast with it.
post #15 of 1625 Old 05-11-2010, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Ken!

Maybe i should have read the manual more . Now its 1080P on the Plasma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post

Rico, try forcing the 700 to output 1080p in the menu. You may have it set to auto and the cam sees you don't have a 1080p display, so it 'negotiates' a lower Rez with your tv.

post #16 of 1625 Old 05-11-2010, 02:47 PM

Hi

I got my new camcorder yesterday. It looks great and performing but I can't capture the video in my Mac.

Connected with the USB cable, I see the SD card but can't capture or import any of the files.

I tried iMovie 09 and Final Cut Express without any result. Could someone help me ?

Thanks in advance.
post #17 of 1625 Old 05-11-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:

My HTPC (Dell 540s) has a Core 2 Quad 2.33 Ghz CPU with a G45 GPU and playing 1080p clips through Media Center is not smooth.

I too desperately want to get this working in a HTPC, and don't want to use the camera to play files to the TV, because for one that's not integrated, and two, I want to edit the video first anyway.

Anyway - to answer your question, no, I don't believe your hardware is anywhere close to being powerful enough to play the 1080P60.

In my tests I have two machines.

The first is my HTPC, a Core 2 Duo 3.33 Ghz, with two Nvidia 9600 GT SLI video cards, I can play 1080i30 (HA) smoothly through Windows 7 Media Center. But I can't play 1080P60 smoothly through W7MC. Using the Panasonic HD Writer AE software I can also play AVCHD smoothly, and the 1080P60 but only "smoothly" at the reduced rate of 20FPS (a setting you control in the Tools->Settings->Playback).

On my desktop PC, a Core 2 Quad 3.6Ghz (overclocked), with an Nvidia GTX 275, I can play everything smoothly in HD Writer AE, including 1080P60 at 60FPS. However, I can NOT get the 1080P60 to play smoothly in W7MC, again the AVCHD files work fine.

It's frustrating because when I'm using HD Writer AE the CPU utilization is around 30% and 1080p60 works perfectly. However, when using W7MC the CPU utilization is only around 5% and it doesn't play smoothly. I don't understand why W7MC doesn't try harder! The graphics card is obviously enough as HD Writer AE works fine with it, so I think there's some driver problem with W7MC not being able to play it smoothly.

Has anyone got 1080P60 to play smoothly in Windows 7 Media Center yet?

Roland.
post #18 of 1625 Old 05-11-2010, 05:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

On my i7, windows media player plays it like butter
post #19 of 1625 Old 05-11-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:

My i7 9gig gtx260 machine with windows7 64bit doesn't play the 1080/60p files smoothly either. Only HDWriter 2.1 will play it back smoothly for me so far. The KM player plays it back perfectly at 1/2 speed

I'd be interested to know what operating system and video card you have Ken?

Cheers,
Pete
post #20 of 1625 Old 05-11-2010, 08:10 PM

I recieved my parts yesterday, just waiting on the case to arrive.
Here is what I purchased, it should do the job?

i7 920 CPU
Asus P6X58D-E motherboard
12 gig of G.Skill Trident DDR3 2000 RAM memory
1 TB Western Digital Caviar Black SATA 3.0 Hard Drive
XFX HD 5870 XXX video card
Corsair 850HX 850watt PSU
Silverstone Raven RV02 case
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate OS

Now, I'm just waiting for some great editing software for the 1080/60P files.

Rick
post #21 of 1625 Old 05-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I thought we addressed this is a previous thread, no? At any rate, you may have problems playing 1080p clips smoothly with Media Center on your setup. You'll probably have better luck playing them on the free, included Panasonic software. I only have a dual-core on one of my computers and it plays much better on the Panasonic software than Media player. However, on my I7-equipped computer, it plays like butter no matter how I play it...very very smooth.

There's no need to be 'afraid' that you can't play your clips. Why not just play it directly from the camera connected via HDMI to your Panasonic plasma??? Free solution, all clips play continuously or individually...your choice. To me this is by far the easiest and most satisfying way to watch and you know your watching it in the best resolution possible for YOUR setup. I've done this with all my prior camcorders, 1080p, 1080i, HDV and DV. This has nothing to do with 1080p. It's just the simplest way to watch the video you've just shot. Just make sure you select a compatible output from the camcorder that your display likes.

As for playing it on your 768p plasma, does the plasma not accept 1080p? Some don't but some do and the video is simply downcoverted as would happen when watching or playing 1080i broadcasts or 1080i camcorder videos. You mentioned that your software requires a minimum of 768p, so you should have no problem with 1080i or 1080p...I would think.

I'll tell you this, many many times HTPC setups are by far not the easiest way to get things done. I can't remember how many posts I've read over the years where people were jumping through hoops to get their HTPC to play nice with other equipment. I've never bothered with this. Take an HDMI cable, attach to your camcorder & HDTV, hit play and your done. No need to worry about software, resolutions, video card compatibility, etc. etc.

If you still want to use your HTPC, unless you use compatible software, I doubt you'll be able to play individual clips continuously. Of course this has nothing to do with 1080p and is true for any clips of any format. They must be 'stitched' together in some way through software or played out through the camera.

Optionally, if you have a PS3, you can play clips continuously through that or individually if you so choose.

Hey Ken, these issues had not been addressed before (at least not with me).

You may not have noticed, but I said that the Panasonic included software will not open on the PC I use as a HTPC because my monitor is my 720p plasma which is connected to the PC via HDMI and the software gives me a message requiring a minimum of 768 resolution and then closes. Even when I change the settings of my PC, making the plasma 768, in the process losing considerable screen area since it become much smaller, the 1080p video through the Panasonic software does not play too smoothly. Something like 95%, but you can see it's skipping frames.

Regarding playing back the movie, if your storing it in a HD, in my case within my HTPC, how do you use the camera to view the movie? Do you transfer back the complete movie (many clips) to the SDHC card and play it that way? That seems very time consuming and impractical. Unless you have SDHC card for every 1-2 movie. When I use the camera to play back video on my 720p plasma it looks awesome, assuming it's down converting the 1080p video to 1080i or 720p, but that's not a long term solution for me and the family to watch our movies.

I have a friend who has a digital camcorder (basic resolution) and after storing all his clips in his HD, he's able to watch all clips simultaneously through Media Center. He doesn't know how, but his MC settings are set up that way. Is there a MC setting anyone can recommend to get this effect, without "stitching" all the clips together?

I'd like my recording, storing and playback experience to be as uncomplicated as possible, even if I have to film in 1080i.

post #22 of 1625 Old 05-11-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:

Thanks Ken, however I was actually asking about Windows Media CENTER, not Windows Media PLAYER. Although I suspect the results may be the same.

Can you confirm that the 1080p60 plays smoothly in Windows Media Center too?

What CPU model number is your i7, and what graphics card do you have? Is anything overclocked?

Further, did you install any special drivers or codecs into Windows Media Player/Center?

I'm surprised mine doesn't work, because my Q9550 overclocked to 3.6Ghz has a similar performance rating as a Core i7 2.8Ghz, but perhaps yours is faster than 2.8Ghz, and perhaps that's ultimately what's needed. But what I find shocking is that my CPU isn't running at 100% and glitching, that would be a clear indicator, but rather the CPU runs at only 5-10% utilization in both Media Player and Media Center, so I don't want to rush into buying a new CPU when I don't think that's the issue.

I still suspect my Media Center problem is a driver issue.
post #23 of 1625 Old 05-11-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:

I'd like my recording, storing and playback experience to be as uncomplicated as possible, even if I have to film in 1080i.

If you're willing to shoot in HA mode (highest quality 1080i) I have found I can simply copy all the MTS files from the memory card straight over to the hard drive of my HTPC and play them back entirely smoothly through Windows 7 Media Center. Depending upon your PC performance you may or may not get the same results. My HTPC is a Core 2 Duo 3.33Ghz, 4GB RAM, and two nVidia 9600 GT graphics cards in a SLI arrangement, running Windows 7-64bit. This seems to be about as easy as it gets.

So far however, I have NOT been able to get the 1080P60 to play smoothly in Media Center, even on my much faster Core 2 Quad 3.6Ghz.
post #24 of 1625 Old 05-11-2010, 10:34 PM
ddt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppermind View Post

Hi

I got my new camcorder yesterday. It looks great and performing but I can't capture the video in my Mac.

Connected with the USB cable, I see the SD card but can't capture or import any of the files.

I tried iMovie 09 and Final Cut Express without any result. Could someone help me ?

Thanks in advance.

If you are recording in 1080i, iMovie 09 should capture it without any problem. If you record in 1080p then there are some work arounds you have to do.
See this thread:
http://discussions.apple.com/thread....80085&tstart=0
post #25 of 1625 Old 05-12-2010, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3hammer View Post

Another TM700 owner here!

I've found the AFAE feature to be one of the finest features of this cam besides the incredible motion and image quality.

Simply hit the AFAE box on the screen then tap the spot on the screen you want in focus. Perfectly smooth focus shift between objects at different distances with just the touch of a finger!

After shooting almost 100% in iAuto mode for the last few weeks:

Just thought I'd mention that I concur about AFAE. I was just playing with my TM700 last night and "noticed the AFAE" on the screen and wondering what that was all about. After a brief perusal of the manual - I was quite happy to find how useful this feature was.

The sequential access to the manual settings using the "camera function" along with rotating the multifunction ring to adjust the manual parameters is brilliant as well - it made it very quick to setup for different shooting environments.

Note: I've been able to render 3 of my larger AVCHD projects using 1080/60p source clips and titles/effects from Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9.0b running under Windows 7 64bit after applying the "fixes" with "CFFExplorer"

I hope you and others have had better success with VMS 9.0b
post #26 of 1625 Old 05-12-2010, 05:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpwooste View Post

If you're willing to shoot in HA mode (highest quality 1080i) I have found I can simply copy all the MTS files from the memory card straight over to the hard drive of my HTPC and play them back entirely smoothly through Windows 7 Media Center. Depending upon your PC performance you may or may not get the same results. My HTPC is a Core 2 Duo 3.33Ghz, 4GB RAM, and two nVidia 9600 GT graphics cards in a SLI arrangement, running Windows 7-64bit. This seems to be about as easy as it gets.

So far however, I have NOT been able to get the 1080P60 to play smoothly in Media Center, even on my much faster Core 2 Quad 3.6Ghz.

RP that is great! I'm willing to shoot in HA for now, but how do I get Media Center to play the clips one after the other non stop? I have a Dell 540s with Vista, Core 2 Quad 2.33 Ghz (not over clocked, but I wouldn't mind), G45 GPU capability and 4 GB of RAM. I hate to not be able to just shoot, download to my HD and re-play anytime we want without having to use the camera or the Panasonic software, which I can't use on my HTPC because of my plasma's resolution limitation. By the way that sucks, I should be able to use that software at 720!

RP can you tell me how you set up Media Center to play .mts files one after the other?!
post #27 of 1625 Old 05-12-2010, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich121 View Post

I recieved my parts yesterday, just waiting on the case to arrive.
Here is what I purchased, it should do the job?

i7 920 CPU
Asus P6X58D-E motherboard
12 gig of G.Skill Trident DDR3 2000 RAM memory
1 TB Western Digital Caviar Black SATA 3.0 Hard Drive
XFX HD 5870 XXX video card
Corsair 850HX 850watt PSU
Silverstone Raven RV02 case
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate OS

Now, I'm just waiting for some great editing software for the 1080/60P files.

Rick

When I bought my TM700 and tried editing with various NLE software I found the my Core2Duo E8400 (3GHz) with an ATI 4850 on Windows 7 64bit gave unacceptable performance (choppy preview video playback on draft settings) for both 1080/60p and 1080/60i 17Mb/s clips.

I bit the bullet and bought parts to make an i7 930 system (it was on sale and cheaper than an i7 920 at the time) with 6GB of DDR3. Previewing with NLE software is great. Plus playback is smooth with Panasonic's HD Writer AE 2.1

Playback of 1080/60p clips with Windows Media Player seems to be okay - however if I seek to a new position in the clip while the clip is playing the video gets choppy (and stays choppy).
post #28 of 1625 Old 05-12-2010, 06:25 AM

Quote:

Have you tried using media player clasic-HC? I was able to play some 1080p60 files on my HTPC, AMD dual core 2.9G with 2G ram, winXP.
post #29 of 1625 Old 05-12-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTPCfreddy View Post

I hope you and others have had better success with VMS 9.0b

That link and "fix" worked nicely on my machine. I can now easily render multiple clips. Thanks again!

I did find that when using the Sony output the video does go crazy vs. the audio about 2mins in. Then near the end at around 4 minutes the video speeds up to catch up to the audio. Someone else noted this in one of the other threads on the subject.

I rendered a WMV at 30p just fine, but it has massive ghosting. I left my shop with it rendering a custom 60p WMV last night. We'll see how that one comes out later this morning.

If anyone works out a good work flow for Youtube 1080p, please let us know.

Cheers,
Pete
post #30 of 1625 Old 05-12-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:

RP that is great! I'm willing to shoot in HA for now, but how do I get Media Center to play the clips one after the other non stop?

Within Windows 7 Media Center you should be able to select "Play All" in the menu at the top of the screen. If you keep all of your files in (sub)folders that you want to group together I think this will meet your needs, it works for me.
Reply Camcorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page