Battery Vendors THAT WORK for Panasonic HDC TM700/HDC HS700 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 106 Old 06-10-2010, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
CanisMajoris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Alright guys !!! Here is the Life Saver for all peepz looking for VBG260 batteries:

These batteries WORK with my HDC HS700. I am 99.99% sure they will work with TM700 too. I bought two of these and they also work with the charger that came with my Camcorder. Also I see the 3 hours "Remaining Time" display on my LCD. I couldn't be happier.

Remaining Time Display on my CamCorder with these batteries FULLY CHARGED:


Video Mode: 2hrs 50min <-- Nice
Picture Mode: 3hrs 17min
Album Mode: 4hrs 41min



Here are the pics of the two batteries:

1. VBG130 (The Original that came with my camcorder)
2. VBG260 (The one I bought off the internet )

Front View:
Attachment 177684

Top View:
Attachment 177685

Side View:
Attachment 177686

They ship from China. I ordered them on Monday with the fastest shipping option that they had (UPS 2nd Day Air for 30$ extra) and I received them on Thursday here in Rhode Island, USA.

The customer service is available mostly per the Chinese time 9AM which is night for us peepz in USA. But the Customer Service was very helpful. The CS Representative Lance helped me a lot with all my questions because initially I was skeptical about this battery order that I had placed.

However the package came today and I just tested the batteries with my camcorder and they work HURRAY !!!

Here is the tracking info just in case you might want to know where does the package originate and how does it travel to your address:

Attachment 177620

Like I said they have the correct Voltage and Capacity as listed on the original battery. I will post pictures of this battery.

Enjoy everyone and plz remember this news came first from Canis Majoris (Largest known star in the Universe)

Sincerely,
Canis Majoris



Quote:
Originally Posted by CanisMajoris View Post

Hey guys I recently bought the VBG260 batteries (2 of them) from the web site below:

Panasonic VW-VBG260 Equivalent Camcorder Battery

URL:
http://www.mallbox.net/goods.php?id=1154

I should receive the batteries by Friday (June 11, 2010). I will post my comments if they work with my camcorder (HS700). I am sure if they work with HS700 then they should work for the TM700.

Has anybody used the batteries from this vendor?

Please note that the Voltage is 7.2V and Capacity is 2640 mAh which is the same as the original Panasonic VBG260 specs.

Most of the knock offs online have either 7.4V or 2500+ mAh.

Here is a description from that web page:
Specification
Chemistry Li-ion
Voltage 7.2V(Compatible with 7.4V)
Capacity 2640 mAh <-- IMPORTANT
Dimensions 1.6 x 1.4 x 1.4 inch
Weight 0.13 lbs
Description

The MallBox's VW-VBG260 equivalent battery operates just like the Panasonic original. MallBox's VW-VBG260 equivalent battery can communicate with Panasonic camcorders and show the remaining time on most of LCD screens*. Each charge will power your camcorder for up to 3 hours.

Unlike some of the other aftermarket VW-VBG260 batteries, the MallBox's VW-VBG260 battery is fully compatible with the original Panasonic battery charger (VW-AD21 or VW-AD21-K) and does not require a dedicated aftermarket charger.
Replacement for

Replaces: Panasonic VW-VBG260, VW-VBG260K, VW-VBG260PP, VWVBG260, VWVBG260K, VWVBG260PP.
100% Compatible with (Customer Approved)

AG-H Series, HDC-DX Series,
HDC-HS Series: HDC-HS700,
HDC-SD Series, HDC-SX Series, HDC-TM Series: HDC-TM700 ,
SDR-H Series

Thanks
Canis Majoris


LL
LL
LL
CanisMajoris is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 106 Old 06-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Newbie
 
hellos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
nice post...
hellos is offline  
post #3 of 106 Old 06-11-2010, 06:17 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
CanisMajoris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellos View Post

nice post...

Thanks!! I hope it helps the junta !! I have updated my post with the pictures of the battery comparison between VBG130 & VBG260.
CanisMajoris is offline  
post #4 of 106 Old 06-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Member
 
jbeale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanisMajoris View Post


Video Mode: 2hrs 50min <-- Nice

Is that in record, or playback mode? with the viewscreen, or just viewfinder? Just out of curiosity, have you tried a rundown test to find out if the reported battery life matches the actual battery life? Sometimes those numbers don't match so I'm curious. Thanks for the great info!
-John
jbeale is offline  
post #5 of 106 Old 06-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Member
 
dhnj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeale View Post

Is that in record, or playback mode? with the viewscreen, or just viewfinder? Just out of curiosity, have you tried a rundown test to find out if the reported battery life matches the actual battery life? Sometimes those numbers don't match so I'm curious. Thanks for the great info!
-John

I have a HDC-SD700 same as HDC-TM700 but without built-in memory.
With a VW-VBG130 that came with the camcorder I was able to record more than 2 hours. The rated time for the battery on the LCD was only 1 hour 40 minutes. Below is the Vimeo link to the Copenhagen Carnival 2010, where I videoed the whole 2 hour show whitout having to change the battery.
http://vimeo.com/12483272
dhnj is offline  
post #6 of 106 Old 06-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Newbie
 
pawandai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am a new owner of HDC-HS700. Just order a VBG260 compatible battery from Amazon, but did not work. I am stuck with it now.
This battery from Mallbox seems promising.
Thanks CanisMajoris...
pawandai is offline  
post #7 of 106 Old 06-12-2010, 11:18 PM
Member
 
jbeale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
By the way, I've always thought Sony had better battery technology. BUT I just realized when comparing the small battery included with my Sony XR500V with the small battery included with the Panasonic TM700, that the Panasonic battery is smaller and lighter, but holds more energy!

Code:
Pana VW-VBG130: 7.2 V, 9.0 Wh  56.29 g    41.38 x 36.35 x 24.91mm = 37.47 cc
Sony  NP-FH60:  7.2 V, 7.2 Wh  77.84 g    45.39 x 33.40 x 31.82mm = 48.24 cc

LL
jbeale is offline  
post #8 of 106 Old 06-13-2010, 03:26 PM
Newbie
 
Mr_Caveman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anybody say anything about this battery?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It's 37% cheaper in comparison with the best Amazon offer for the original battery. Is it original?

Thanks for any comments.
Mr_Caveman is offline  
post #9 of 106 Old 06-13-2010, 04:05 PM
bub
Advanced Member
 
bub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 734
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Caveman View Post

Can anybody say anything about this battery?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It's 37% cheaper in comparison with the best Amazon offer for the original battery. Is it original?

Thanks for any comments.

Besides the fact that IF there does happen to be a problem, you have to deal with returns and/or trying to get a refund from Hong Kong, this quote bothers me the most, "All pictures contained within this listing are for illustration purposes only".

That could mean that you might get a battery in a plastic bag, and if so it really could be anything. You would have to totally trust this sellers word and reputation.

I'm on the fence for sure as I really want a backup battery, preferably another 130 and a 260 (just in case I know I need a lot of battery for a single shot, I really consider the 260 too big for this camcorder).

Let us know what you decide...

This is where I got the 'plastic bag' comment,
Another quote from that ebay auction, "Packaging should be the same as what is found in a retail store, unless the item was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag."
bub is offline  
post #10 of 106 Old 06-14-2010, 07:38 AM
Member
 
dhnj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
________________________________________
I have found the links below for decoded Panasonic batteries from Ebay.
VW-VB130 standard battery for US$35.99

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Panasonic-VW-V...item255b1250e9

VW-VB260 extended battery for US$58.99

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Panasonic-VW-V...item255b1250f1

I received the VW-VBG260 today.
It works fine with the HDC 700 series.
You can charge it with the original Panasonic charger.
LCD shows the following remaining times:
Playback Mode: 5 hours.
Picture Mode: 3.5 hours.
Video Mode: 3 hours.

This battery is FULLY DECODED - meaning that is has a built-in Panasonic chip that allows it to communicate with the camcorder EXACTLY like a genuine Panasonic battery.

The makers of this battery has even gone further to package it to look like a original Panasonic battery & has included a instruction manual in 8 European languages(no English). See attached PDF with pictures.

 

Decoded_vw-vbg260.pdf 384.2001953125k . file
dhnj is offline  
post #11 of 106 Old 06-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Member
 
jbeale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Probably most people don't care, but I prefer to buy the 3rd party batteries from vendors that admit they are third party. The ones that copy the label exactly so it says "(R) Panasonic" don't seem as ethical to me (I assume the one above is an exact copy of the European version, with slightly different label style from US version). It's fine to make a compatible battery, I just don't want to see them claim it's a genuine OEM product.

This may be influenced by my experience at work- we make a consumer product and we have Chinese copies on ebay with all the labels copied, trademarks and all (although the internals are quite different). Our customer service department gets some of these fakes in returns when they don't work!
jbeale is offline  
post #12 of 106 Old 06-14-2010, 12:27 PM
bub
Advanced Member
 
bub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 734
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhnj View Post

________________________________________
I have found the links below for decoded Panasonic batteries from Ebay.
VW-VB130 standard battery for US$35.99

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Panasonic-VW-V...item255b1250e9

VW-VB260 extended battery for US$58.99

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Panasonic-VW-V...item255b1250f1

I received the VW-VBG260 today.
It works fine with the HDC 700 series.
You can charge it with the original Panasonic charger.
LCD shows the following remaining times:
Playback Mode: 5 hours.
Picture Mode: 3.5 hours.
Video Mode: 3 hours.

This battery is FULLY DECODED - meaning that is has a built-in Panasonic chip that allows it to communicate with the camcorder EXACTLY like a genuine Panasonic battery.

The makers of this battery has even gone further to package it to look like a original Panasonic battery & has included a instruction manual in 8 European languages(no English). See attached PDF with pictures.

The link goes to a dead auction page, just saying.

The problem I have with these batteries is that the price for the 130 is about 65% the cost of the real mccoy and you have to deal with the possibility of less, or no, quality and no warranty from Panasonic. There are others on ebay claiming to also be decoded for less.

But, the big advantage to this battery is that there is confirmation that it does work. A BIG advantage!

Decisions decisions...
bub is offline  
post #13 of 106 Old 06-14-2010, 12:32 PM
bub
Advanced Member
 
bub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 734
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhnj View Post

________________________________________
I have found the links below for decoded Panasonic batteries from Ebay.
VW-VB130 standard battery for US$35.99

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Panasonic-VW-V...item255b1250e9

VW-VB260 extended battery for US$58.99

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Panasonic-VW-V...item255b1250f1

I received the VW-VBG260 today.
It works fine with the HDC 700 series.
You can charge it with the original Panasonic charger.
LCD shows the following remaining times:
Playback Mode: 5 hours.
Picture Mode: 3.5 hours.
Video Mode: 3 hours.

This battery is FULLY DECODED - meaning that is has a built-in Panasonic chip that allows it to communicate with the camcorder EXACTLY like a genuine Panasonic battery.

The makers of this battery has even gone further to package it to look like a original Panasonic battery & has included a instruction manual in 8 European languages(no English). See attached PDF with pictures.

Since that link no longer points to an auction, I was wondering if you could let us know if the ebay seller was c83125? If so, was the packaging a retail package?

I ask because they show a retail package but claim the pictures are for 'illustration' purposes only (whatever they mean by that) AND you might even get a battery in a plastic bag.
bub is offline  
post #14 of 106 Old 06-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Member
 
dhnj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bub View Post
Since that link no longer points to an auction, I was wondering if you could let us know if the ebay seller was c83125? If so, was the packaging a retail package?

I ask because they show a retail package but claim the pictures are for 'illustration' purposes only (whatever they mean by that) AND you might even get a battery in a plastic bag.
The dead link is due to the fact that the auction is now over.
There are 2 listings right now.
1. from Forest.Tone
2. from c83125
I bought mine from Forest.Tone for US$39, but now the price has gone upto US$59. The VW-VBG130 is still at US$39.
The battery was in a very solid fuly sealed retail package.
See attached PDF file with photos.
You can get a full decoded battery cheaper without the retail package on Ebay.

 

Decoded_vw-vbg260.pdf 384.2001953125k . file
dhnj is offline  
post #15 of 106 Old 06-15-2010, 06:16 AM
Newbie
 
Mr_Caveman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What do you think, is it really genuine battery? Shipping is from Japan.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PANASONIC-Origin...item19bceae280
Mr_Caveman is offline  
post #16 of 106 Old 06-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Member
 
dhnj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Caveman View Post

What do you think, is it really genuine battery? Shipping is from Japan.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PANASONIC-Origin...item19bceae280

As this battery is shipped from Japan and states that it is a Panasonic original
I would tend to belive its the truth. The seller Japan Digital Shop Tokyo has 100% feedback rating. If you want to be sure why not contact the seller. By the way the shipping alone costs $20 on top of the final bid price, could end up with a high price for a VW-VBG130. VW-VBG260 has a double capacity and you will be able to use the EFG as well. Furthermore with the VW-VBG260 mounted I get a good weight balance feeling when I use the camcorder.
dhnj is offline  
post #17 of 106 Old 06-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Member
 
dhnj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhnj View Post

As this battery is shipped from Japan and states that it is a Panasonic original
I would tend to belive its the truth. The seller Japan Digital Shop Tokyo has 100% feedback rating. If you want to be sure why not contact the seller. By the way the shipping alone costs $20 on top of the final bid price, could end up with a high price for a VW-VBG130. VW-VBG260 has a double capacity and you will be able to use the EFG as well. Furthermore with the VW-VBG260 mounted I get a good weight balance feeling when I use the camcorder.

The Buy it Now Ebay price for a VW-VBG260 from Japan Digital Shop Tokyo is US$205 plus US$45 for shipping, so this must be a original Panasonic Battery.
dhnj is offline  
post #18 of 106 Old 06-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Newbie
 
Mr_Caveman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
dhnj
I think the same. The only thing I'm not sure about is why does he place the starting price so low ($1)? Doesn't he afraid, that the item will be very cheap in the end? Or are there more important things behind such as seller's rating...?
Mr_Caveman is offline  
post #19 of 106 Old 06-16-2010, 08:39 AM
Senior Member
 
LuxZg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhnj View Post

I bought mine from Forest.Tone for US$39, but now the price has gone upto US$59. The VW-VBG130 is still at US$39.

Well, at 39$ it would be good price, but at 59$ .. not that much anymore. I'll see what happens with these batteries I'm looking into, as they seem fine and are cheaper for me (with shipping)
LuxZg is offline  
post #20 of 106 Old 06-16-2010, 09:47 AM
bub
Advanced Member
 
bub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 734
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It would be nice if all who took a chance on these new decoded batteries could return to this post and report on,
packaging
cost
seller
shipping time
quality
battery life
and of course compatibility

When I make my decision, I will make sure to post results as well.
bub is offline  
post #21 of 106 Old 06-18-2010, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jogiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,763
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhnj View Post

The dead link is due to the fact that the auction is now over.
There are 2 listings right now.
1. from Forest.Tone
2. from c83125
I bought mine from Forest.Tone for US$39, but now the price has gone upto US$59. The VW-VBG130 is still at US$39.
The battery was in a very solid fuly sealed retail package.
See attached PDF file with photos.
You can get a full decoded battery cheaper without the retail package on Ebay.

I just received my Panasonic VW-VBG260 Made in Japan battery today from Forest.Tone for the initial $39 price and it shows 3 hours in 1080p60 mode and works great.




jogiba is offline  
post #22 of 106 Old 06-19-2010, 06:01 AM
bub
Advanced Member
 
bub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 734
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, I went ahead and bit. Closed ebay auction from mylove200901 for the retail packaged (not sure if bootleg or not but will report back) VBG260 for $34.99.

It's coming from Hong Kong so will take awhile for me to report back.
bub is offline  
post #23 of 106 Old 06-19-2010, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jogiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,763
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by bub View Post

Ok, I went ahead and bit. Closed ebay auction from mylove200901 for the retail packaged (not sure if bootleg or not but will report back) VBG260 for $34.99.

It's coming from Hong Kong so will take awhile for me to report back.

I see mylove200901 has the "Panasonic VW-VBG260 Battery HS700 HS300 TM700 H60 H80" listed for $39.87 and the "PANASONIC VW-VBG260-K Battery for HDC-HS300, TM300, etc" listed for $34.99. Did your auction show the HS700/TM700 ?
jogiba is offline  
post #24 of 106 Old 06-19-2010, 08:27 AM
bub
Advanced Member
 
bub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 734
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jogiba View Post

I see mylove200901 has the "Panasonic VW-VBG260 Battery HS700 HS300 TM700 H60 H80" listed for $39.87 and the "PANASONIC VW-VBG260-K Battery for HDC-HS300, TM300, etc" listed for $34.99. Did your auction show the HS700/TM700 ?

No, it showed the TM300 and others. They have two different auctions for this item and the only difference I can see besides the price difference is the inclusion of the TM700 in the title for the more expensive auction. The item description and the photo are identical.

As well, if you read the responses they give on the $40 auction, he states numerous times that the item is Panasonic retail package. Like I said, I took a chance and we will see soon.

I didn't think that it was worth paying the extra $5 just for the TM700 being in the auction title.

I will report back.
bub is offline  
post #25 of 106 Old 06-23-2010, 04:03 AM
Newbie
 
digitalnasties's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: On The Moon
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bub View Post

It would be nice if all who took a chance on these new decoded batteries could return to this post and report on.

Battery:
VW-VBG130 (Marked on the packaging as VW-VBG130E-K)

Packaging:
Came in the same packaging as jogiba photos above, look like a real panasonic battery and maybe it is!

Cost:
US $35.99
Approximately £24.33

Seller:
(E*bay) forest.tone

Shipping time:
Ordered on the 11 June from Hong Kong
Came on the 21 (UK)

Battery life:
1:26 mins video
2:55 mins Photo

Compatibility:
Works with my Panasonic HDC-HS300 with time on the LCD.
and my old Panasonic NV-GS500 (does not need decoder battery)

digitalnasties is offline  
post #26 of 106 Old 06-23-2010, 07:12 PM
Newbie
 
geirlade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
geirlade is offline  
post #27 of 106 Old 07-02-2010, 05:54 AM
Newbie
 
heartborne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanisMajoris View Post

Alright guys !!! Here is the Life Saver for all peepz looking for VBG260 batteries:

These batteries WORK with my HDC HS700. I am 99.99% sure they will work with TM700 too. I bought two of these and they also work with the charger that came with my Camcorder. Also I see the 3 hours "Remaining Time" display on my LCD. I couldn't be happier.

Remaining Time Display on my CamCorder with these batteries FULLY CHARGED:


Video Mode: 2hrs 50min <-- Nice
Picture Mode: 3hrs 17min
Album Mode: 4hrs 41min



Here are the pics of the two batteries:

1. VBG130 (The Original that came with my camcorder)
2. VBG260 (The one I bought off the internet )

Front View:
Attachment 177684

Top View:
Attachment 177685

Side View:
Attachment 177686

They ship from China. I ordered them on Monday with the fastest shipping option that they had (UPS 2nd Day Air for 30$ extra) and I received them on Thursday here in Rhode Island, USA.

The customer service is available mostly per the Chinese time 9AM which is night for us peepz in USA. But the Customer Service was very helpful. The CS Representative Lance helped me a lot with all my questions because initially I was skeptical about this battery order that I had placed.

However the package came today and I just tested the batteries with my camcorder and they work HURRAY !!!

Here is the tracking info just in case you might want to know where does the package originate and how does it travel to your address:

Attachment 177620

Like I said they have the correct Voltage and Capacity as listed on the original battery. I will post pictures of this battery.

Enjoy everyone and plz remember this news came first from Canis Majoris (Largest known star in the Universe)

Sincerely,
Canis Majoris


Hei, thank you for your post, It was really useful. But something is not working out that well for me, let me elaborate.

I do Live in Portugal and recently tried my luck with an Hong-Kong's (ebay) seller for a VBG260.
Like someone said here before, I also bought two (thinking they would work!), the problem is, as I've read on some other site seems like the recent firmware (I just bought the camera tho) "blocks" these 3rd party batteries. Mine say's it can't be used and turns off.

Btw, here's the "link" to the ebay's page I got it from (since I'm a new user I can't post links...) here's the item number, just search using it. 290446687954


Actually, as of today, only one arrived. Maybe the other one (that I won't be using! :\\ ) will get here tomorrow. I placed the order on the 21's of June, today's the 2nd of July. I live in Portugal so my question was...

Can I order from Mallbox being outside the USA&Canada, does anyone here have some sort of international shipping experience with them ?

I've sent them an e-mail ( sales@mallbox.net ) to see what they say, no reply yet.

Actually this is pretty bad, I could only find ONE original VBG260 (the same store I bought my HS700 from, pixmania dot com ) in Portugal


Any help would be much appreciated, thank you for your time.


PS. I re-read the thread and I do have a question. The batteries you guys were talking about from forest.tone were these ? 160442637563 (e-bay's item number) ?
heartborne is offline  
post #28 of 106 Old 07-06-2010, 01:07 PM
bub
Advanced Member
 
bub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 734
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, update on my 3rd party non-OEM battery...

Purchased VW-VBG260E-K off ebay from seller 'mylove200901' on June 18th for $34.99 Buy It Now with free shipping from Hong Kong (it was marked as 'gift', they never mentioned that and I never asked about it). Arrived today, 7/6 (less than 2.5 weeks) and if the package is not a true retail package, it easily fooled me, looks very legit. Inside, besides the packaging insert was the instruction booklet in many languages, not English (or Chinese for that matter).

I have it charging on the original Panasonic charger right now. Once charged, I will edit this post to reflect compatibility and charge time.

This thing is HUGE!

Battery charged up without issue. Mounted to camera, camera powered up as normal and onscreen battery timer showed 3 hours.
bub is offline  
post #29 of 106 Old 07-06-2010, 11:56 PM
Senior Member
 
LuxZg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
bub, thanks for reporting back to us!

Btw, regarding "huge" .. could you put up a photo of this battery on camcorder vs normal one? Or at least a description how much larger it is..
LuxZg is offline  
post #30 of 106 Old 07-07-2010, 01:07 AM
Newbie
 
thebadgermobile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bub View Post

Battery charged up without issue. Mounted to camera, camera powered up as normal and onscreen battery timer showed 3 hours.

Much thanks Bub! Does the 3 hours actually decrease as you use the camcorder? (I'm wondering if the battery is tricking the camcorder and ALWAYS shows 3 hours)
thebadgermobile is offline  
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off