Panasonic HDC-TM700 camcorder bag/case - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 32 Old 06-26-2010, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone recommend a case/bag for the HDC-TM700. I searched through the threads and most people are using the Lowepro Edit 110 but I want something that holds the camcorder vertically, no lying down horizontally. With the hood, a UV filter and the camcorder, it's pretty long and skinny (insert joke here)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 06-26-2010, 11:06 PM

I got the Tamrac 3392, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product . Minimal case, just big enough to hold the camcorder itself (with the lens hood and a circular polarizer). I wanted someting to protect the camcorder but as small as possible, and this case is that
post #3 of 32 Old 06-27-2010, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by postman View Post

I got the Tamrac 3392, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product . Minimal case, just big enough to hold the camcorder itself (with the lens hood and a circular polarizer). I wanted someting to protect the camcorder but as small as possible, and this case is that

I got mine from Ebay Link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/F27-Leather-Ca...item35a955606e
post #4 of 32 Old 06-27-2010, 05:46 AM

I was recently using the LowePro Edit 100 to store my TM700 vertically. Unfortunately, the bag was not tall enough to do this with the lens hood installed. Yesterday I exchanged the bag for the Edit 110.
post #5 of 32 Old 06-27-2010, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by postman View Post

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much! Thank you for the other suggestions as well.
post #6 of 32 Old 07-12-2010, 08:03 AM

Found this thread cause I had the same question. I was about to get the edit 110, but looked tiny so I picked up the only thing they had after which was a edit 140. Is the edit 110 big enough for hood, a UV filter, the camcorder, 2 batteries, charging cradle and power cord? I had this for my previous camcorder, Canon HF100, but it seems that this Panny is smaller.
post #7 of 32 Old 07-23-2010, 03:04 PM

Anyone have any more recommendations? Perhaps something that will fit some basic accessories? (batteries, charger, cables, etc) that isn't too big?
post #8 of 32 Old 07-24-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcooke View Post

Anyone have any more recommendations? Perhaps something that will fit some basic accessories? (batteries, charger, cables, etc) that isn't too big?

I bought the Lowepro Adventura 140 from Best Buy. Everything that came with the TM700 fits perfectly and it was cheap, $25 US. It's tall enough for the TM700 to stand up with the bigger battery and lens hood.

http://products.lowepro.com/product/...a-140,2160.htm
post #9 of 32 Old 07-25-2010, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 71
I use a laptop case to hold my TM700 with all of the cables (HDMI) , charger, Rode Stereo VideoMic etc.
post #10 of 32 Old 07-25-2010, 12:20 PM

I got this for the cam alone:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/E787-Camera-Ca...item335def7134

And this for the cam, wallet, charger and a small tripod:
Samsonite Trekking 200
http://www.fotolab30.com/xcart/custo...UL-p-3150.html
post #11 of 32 Old 07-26-2010, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtuna View Post

I bought the Lowepro Adventura 140 from Best Buy. Everything that came with the TM700 fits perfectly and it was cheap, $25 US. It's tall enough for the TM700 to stand up with the bigger battery and lens hood.

I'm gonna go with this one, just looking at eBay for it.. I like having everything for my cam in one bag, and if I don't need some of the extras, I can always find something else to put in the bag if it's organized well I'll get back to you all when I get it..

EDIT: Hmmm.. .though the bag from Djizasse's link looks very nice to have when going out "light".. I'll think about it
post #12 of 32 Old 07-26-2010, 08:22 AM

And it's seems sturdy. The cam stays almost afloat inside the case. If by some accident I drop the case, I'm fairly confident the cam will be safe.
post #13 of 32 Old 07-26-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djizasse View Post

And it's seems sturdy. The cam stays almost afloat inside the case. If by some accident I drop the case, I'm fairly confident the cam will be safe.

That's good to know. I like that little case more and more by the minute I always curse myself with my still cam because I can't put it anywhere because it's too big, perhaps TM700 and that case could be the solution

As for larger bag, I gave up from eBay.. sure it's 25$, but I can get several nice bags in local shops, and don't have to wait for delivery. Like Lowepro models Edit 120/120+, Clips 110/120, Rezo 110/120.

Since Adventura isn't available here, I think I'll go try Edit 120+. On it's own it's a bit bigger than Edit 110 that many people here use, but the "+" means it has one additional storage pouch that can be attached/removed as needed at the bottom of the bag. So if I want to pack a bit lighter, I can just detach the thing. Should cost me ~5$ than what they ask for Adventura 140 on the eBay, and I can get it after 1 day, not after 15. My vacation is nearing, so I'd rather have it early than late

I'll post few pictures when I get it and try it out a bit.
post #14 of 32 Old 07-26-2010, 07:00 PM

I mentioned this earlier. In case you need 1 bag to easily carry around with camcorder, small tripod, some filters, remote control, charger, and cable, you can have a look at Crumpler Jimmi Bo 300.
It works perfectly for my vacation last weekend.
In fact, when I go around, I leave the charger and cable at hotel and put the Canon G11 in it to take still picture.

The bag is not so much sturdy, but it protects the devices well and comfort to carry for a whole day.
post #15 of 32 Old 07-27-2010, 08:40 AM

Djizasse,

If you have VBG260, could you please check whether the camera with the battery will fit into the small bag you linked above. If not, if you can check whether the camera fits in with the viewfinder fully extended, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
post #16 of 32 Old 07-27-2010, 12:54 PM

It fits with the VF fully extended.
post #17 of 32 Old 07-27-2010, 01:13 PM

Thanks for your prompt response. I will get that bag.
post #18 of 32 Old 07-28-2010, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxZg View Post

Since Adventura isn't available here, I think I'll go try Edit 120+. On it's own it's a bit bigger than Edit 110 that many people here use, but the "+" means it has one additional storage pouch that can be attached/removed as needed at the bottom of the bag. So if I want to pack a bit lighter, I can just detach the thing. Should cost me ~5$ than what they ask for Adventura 140 on the eBay, and I can get it after 1 day, not after 15. My vacation is nearing, so I'd rather have it early than late

I'll post few pictures when I get it and try it out a bit.

I'm in a bit of a hurry, but I wanted to say I'm pretty amazed what I've managed to fit inside this Edit 120+ Photos later, but I got:
- TM700, AND Panasonic DMC-FZ7 in the main compartment (DMC-FZ7 is a compact high-zoom cam); it's a bit tight, but they fit (with the soft divider between them which is pretty thick)
- chargers with cables for both cam and still cam in the "+" bottom compartment (detachable, so when I don't need chargers with me, I can just leave that part of bag at home)
- extra battery for still cam
- USB SD-card reader
- I could easily fit TM700 USB cable, DC cable and probably remote as well
- SD cards, keys, mobile phone, money, driving licence etc.
... I've got nothing else to carry really

When on a larger trip, DMC-FZ7 still cam would go to it's own bag, but I am really glad that I can fit both in one bag, when going out or something, and I want to "pack light", and I can still fit my personal belongings in the case as well

One drawback though, with VBG260 battery (still haven't received it, but tried with VF extended) - I think that cam won't fit vertically. But it can fit horizontally with both VBG260 and lens hood. Of course, without still cam than, so when case is just for TM700. It would actually leave a lot of room on top of the cam.. I think in that setup you can put charger at the bottom, than the soft divider over it, than TM700 on top.

I'll make some pictures with few things inside the bag, and in few different "setups/scenarios" so you get the feeling. It's a great bag, and it cost me.. roughly 18$ here in the local shop in Croatia.
post #19 of 32 Old 08-02-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtuna View Post

I got this one today too. Everything fits, I don't have the manual in the case, though it is snug putting all the cables in there. There are exterior pockets for extra batteries or memory cards. I'll probably keep it, but considering returning it for the Adventura 170. I don't really need to keep the multi A/V cable in there.
post #20 of 32 Old 08-03-2010, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keytrnr View Post

I got this one today too. Everything fits, I don't have the manual in the case, though it is snug putting all the cables in there. There are exterior pockets for extra batteries or memory cards. I'll probably keep it, but considering returning it for the Adventura 170. I don't really need to keep the multi A/V cable in there.

Ummm... if you DON'T need space for cables, you need smaller case.. so why going for larger 170 model? Or did you mean to write something else..
post #21 of 32 Old 08-03-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:

Ummm... if you DON'T need space for cables, you need smaller case.. so why going for larger 170 model? Or did you mean to write something else..

What I mean to say is that it is a snug fit for the cables, but since I do not need to carry all of them, I will just keep the case. Seems like a nice case.
post #22 of 32 Old 08-03-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keytrnr View Post

What I mean to say is that it is a snug fit for the cables, but since I do not need to carry all of them, I will just keep the case. Seems like a nice case.

Oh, ok, got that now sorry
post #23 of 32 Old 08-05-2010, 05:04 AM

Quote:

I'm in a bit of a hurry, but I wanted to say I'm pretty amazed what I've managed to fit inside this Edit 120+ Photos later, but I got:
- TM700, AND Panasonic DMC-FZ7 in the main compartment (DMC-FZ7 is a compact high-zoom cam); it's a bit tight, but they fit (with the soft divider between them which is pretty thick)
- chargers with cables for both cam and still cam in the "+" bottom compartment (detachable, so when I don't need chargers with me, I can just leave that part of bag at home)
- extra battery for still cam
- USB SD-card reader
- I could easily fit TM700 USB cable, DC cable and probably remote as well
- SD cards, keys, mobile phone, money, driving licence etc.
... I've got nothing else to carry really

When on a larger trip, DMC-FZ7 still cam would go to it's own bag, but I am really glad that I can fit both in one bag, when going out or something, and I want to "pack light", and I can still fit my personal belongings in the case as well

One drawback though, with VBG260 battery (still haven't received it, but tried with VF extended) - I think that cam won't fit vertically. But it can fit horizontally with both VBG260 and lens hood. Of course, without still cam than, so when case is just for TM700. It would actually leave a lot of room on top of the cam.. I think in that setup you can put charger at the bottom, than the soft divider over it, than TM700 on top.

I'll make some pictures with few things inside the bag, and in few different "setups/scenarios" so you get the feeling. It's a great bag, and it cost me.. roughly 18$ here in the local shop in Croatia.

OK, FINALLY I had time to do a proper "photo shoot" of this bag, and I actually made a pretty through review for all TM700 owners, but anyone else with a similar camcorder as well.

Just go to my album, and read the comments under the pictures. I hope you find it useful, as I just spent an hour doing it all

Link: http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/h...%20120%20plus/
post #24 of 32 Old 08-09-2010, 06:24 AM

Nicely done Lux
post #25 of 32 Old 08-10-2010, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djizasse View Post

Nicely done Lux

Thanks

In the meantime, I've "retired" my old still cam's bag. I've found out that I can fit everything I'll ever need for both still & video camera in that same bag, and still have some space left for some personal things... Really neat bag, and I'm happy with it I just hope that VBG260 won't cause lack of space suddenly
post #26 of 32 Old 08-13-2010, 02:03 AM

Quote:

OK, FINALLY I had time to do a proper "photo shoot" of this bag, and I actually made a pretty through review for all TM700 owners, but anyone else with a similar camcorder as well.

Just go to my album, and read the comments under the pictures. I hope you find it useful, as I just spent an hour doing it all

Link: http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/h...%20120%20plus/

Quote:

In the meantime, I've "retired" my old still cam's bag. I've found out that I can fit everything I'll ever need for both still & video camera in that same bag, and still have some space left for some personal things... Really neat bag, and I'm happy with it I just hope that VBG260 won't cause lack of space suddenly

Well, my VBG260 extended battery arrived today. If I carry my still cam and TM700 in same bag, I can't put VBG260 ON TM700 and than into bag.. But if I put TM700 with it's original VBG130 in main compartment (with still cam), there is still enough space in bag's other pockets for VBG260, and all the equipment, and my personal stuff.. So I'm more than satisfied with this bag
post #27 of 32 Old 09-14-2010, 10:51 AM

post #28 of 32 Old 12-02-2010, 12:49 AM

Bump

Is there a case that will hold the TM700 + MKE 300 external mic or is it wiser to use a separate case for the mic?
post #29 of 32 Old 01-29-2011, 01:07 PM

Guys,
Try Lowerpro Clips 120. I am so impressed, it is small enough yet it fits everything in it .
post #30 of 32 Old 01-30-2011, 08:08 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by avbanger View Post

Can anyone recommend a case/bag for the HDC-TM700. I searched through the threads and most people are using the Lowepro Edit 110 but I want something that holds the camcorder vertically, no lying down horizontally. With the hood, a UV filter and the camcorder, it's pretty long and skinny (insert joke here)

I have the Lowepro 120, but it tips over...

They also have one called the clip, and it has a sleeve for the camera. That might do the trick (and I would have prefered it over my 120, the 120 has an extra little bag that holds the charger, which I can take, or leave behind, very handy)
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page