The Official Panasonic HDC-SDT750 3D Camcorder thread - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 128 Old 02-29-2012, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know if the 3D shot on the 750 will playback on a Mitsubishi WD60735 TV? I think the tv employs the "checkerboard" method of 3d playback that uses Optoma Z101 active shutter glasses. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 128 Old 03-02-2012, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 97
How does it play Blu-Ray 3D? Not sure, but if Blu-Ray works, this should too.

On my flat screen Sony, it automatically switches to 3D mode when it see's 3D on DirecTV or from the BD Player. If I use my WD media player to play video from the 750, I typically have to push a 3D button on the TV remote. If I don't, it displays twin images side-by-side.

Which is it you don't have? The camera or the TV? Would a short test clip help? I can send one if you want.

Bill
post #123 of 128 Old 03-02-2012, 11:42 AM

Liked: 10
I havent got the 750 yet. A test clip would be greatly appreciated. Send to wreckdyver@gmail.com
post #124 of 128 Old 05-19-2012, 10:28 AM

Liked: 11
I am getting realy frustrated about the 3D mode.
From my understanding it should be 960*1080 pixels (per frame - when played back on 3D capable TV or projector it should fill the 16:9 fram with 1920*1080).

BUT - when i record in 3D i can see allready on the built in display that it does NOT fill out the screen all the way. It is not 4:3 and it is not 16:9 and it is not 960*1080 (which would correspond to about 1:1) it is something like a 12-13:9 format, cropped on the left and right side BUT also top and bottom?

The same thing when i look at the material in 3D on my JVC DLA-X30 (RS45 in US).
I have several motion pictures in 3D SBS and they DO fill out the screen entirey, of course they are actually only 960*1080 per frame, but the pictures is strectched to fill out the 1920*1080 pixels as it should.
Why the is the Panasonic HDC-SDT750 with lens attatchment VW-CLT1 not doing this the right way?

I can not find any info about this on the net and I can not find any FW updates on panasonics site.
Is my camera broken or does everybody suffer from this crappy non std format in 3D?

PLEASE help - i bought the camera primarily for 3D since I am just in love with the format (doesnt matter if picture is not as good but it MUST fill out the screen or you will loose a lot of "natural visual depth" unless you increase picture size but I can not do this only for a camcorder now can i)

See attatchement for what i mean with the cropping.
When shooting in 2D the red marked area is also utilized - same with final movie when played on projector.
Whats up with 3D? it is not 960*1080 at least

Regards
Boogieman
LL

Livingroom
JVC DLA-X30@108" 16:9
Denon AVR3805, Emotiva XPA-5
Oppo BDP-93,PS-3,HTPC
JBL Ti6K,Ti1K,XTi20,REL Q150
Bedroom
Pioneer KRP-500M
Denon AVR3802,HTPC
QLN 603,601MK2,Wharfdale DFS
post #125 of 128 Old 05-19-2012, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

I have my camera and 3D lens with me, but I can't get to my 3D TV until Monday. I can test it for you then.

Until Monday, my memory says my Sony TV filled the screen on everything I've shot in 3D with out issues.

Bill
post #126 of 128 Old 05-20-2012, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Europe]Boogiem View Post

Why the is the Panasonic HDC-SDT750 with lens attatchment VW-CLT1 not doing this the right way? ......Is my camera broken or does everybody suffer from this crappy non std format in 3D?...

I finally got the camera and lens out. The black band is there in LCD. On page 59 in my printed manual it says, "When recording in 3D, the image will appear with a black frame around it. The black frame will be recorded with the video." So I think everything is normal.

I can't check until tomorrow to see if the black band displays on my TV.

I bought this camera whenit was heavily discounted. At the time I couldn't tell much difference between this camera and the TM900 by comparing the spec sheets. The TM900 was more expensive and didn't offer the lens. In short, the add on lens with all its limitations is a marketing flow here in the USA.

It has not been available new for quite a while. If you just got it, I assume you bought it used. Although entertaining, attaching the lens cripples a lot of what the camera does.

Even with it's "crappy non standard format", it can still be entertaining in some situations. I recently had fun shooting Zion National Park in 3D.

Bill
post #127 of 128 Old 05-21-2012, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

The black band does appear on my Sony 55 inch TV. The surprise was that I never noticed it before. The bezel or frame of the TV is the same shade of black, so the blending fooled me into not seeing it. The screen is big enough and the room small enough that the 3D playback is fine. I don't have an issue with it.

Bill
post #128 of 128 Old 07-19-2012, 12:58 PM

Liked: 11
WARNING !!!!!
DO NOT USE A VACUUM CLEANER OR COMPRESSED AIR TO CLEAN THE FAN FILTER
WARNING !!!

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ Above should be note clearly in the manual mad.gif
It says to dry of the filter with some kind of cloth but normally when doing that you push the crap into the filter rather than removing it so I thought id do a very careful vacuum clean of the filter....I SHOULD NOT have done that frown.gif

I cleaned my fan filter with the vacuum cleaner set on low power without aiming the nozzle straight at the fan (angled it to get less suction).
After restarting the camera I hear parts flying, crackling and whirling around inside my camera.
WHAT THE F..! eek.gif

I quickly realised something must have happened to the fan and turned the cam off to prevent further damage.

WHY have a fan in a camera - do the CPU get that hot or is it the CMOS sensors?
Does it really need a fan? (I guess since it is there and Panasonic has gotten criticism for their fans on previous handys)
Why put a fan that is so fragile it doesnt even cope for a soft vacuum clean?

Has anyone else experienced this or was I the first out to find this issue?
I am guessing that my fan must have been faulty to start with cause it really should not be allowed to be this fragile - especially not without a warning text mad.gif

Livingroom
JVC DLA-X30@108" 16:9
Denon AVR3805, Emotiva XPA-5
Oppo BDP-93,PS-3,HTPC
JBL Ti6K,Ti1K,XTi20,REL Q150
Bedroom
Pioneer KRP-500M
Denon AVR3802,HTPC
QLN 603,601MK2,Wharfdale DFS
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version