Is There A Way To Connect A Mic To The Panasonic HDC-HS60K? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-21-2011, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking at maybe getting a mid-range camcorder for travel and general use and have been looking at the Panasonic HDC-HS60K... I really like the features, low light and zoom are really nice but there's no mic input jack I would really like to be able to connect an external mic if I wanted to (not often but would like to)... I see it has an AV Multi and USB port. I know this is a dumb question but could you connect a mic via one of these ports? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-21-2011, 11:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryevick View Post

I'm looking at maybe getting a mid-range camcorder for travel and general use and have been looking at the Panasonic HDC-HS60K... I really like the features, low light and zoom are really nice but there's no mic input jack I would really like to be able to connect an external mic if I wanted to (not often but would like to)... I see it has an AV Multi and USB port. I know this is a dumb question but could you connect a mic via one of these ports? Thanks.

No, you can not. You can always record seperately though.

However, if the SD60 is anything like its newer brother the SDX1 I would encourage you to look for a different camcorder, or the SD600. The video is subpar, at best. You would be better off spending the money on a digicam like the Sony HX series or other, than a camcorder such as that.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-21-2011, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by workinghard View Post

However, if the SD60 is anything like its newer brother the SDX1 I would encourage you to look for a different camcorder, or the SD600. The video is subpar, at best. You would be better off spending the money on a digicam like the Sony HX series or other, than a camcorder such as that.

SD60? Not what I'm looking at. The Panasonic HDC-HS60K has great reviews.
post #4 of 7 Old 01-21-2011, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:

Same thing. Different media.
post #5 of 7 Old 01-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

The SD60 and HS60 (K stands for black) are the exact same in terms of video capturing capability. The only difference is that the HS has the extra memory hard disc.

The SDX1 is the same basic lineup, with the same sensor. Though the lens is slightly different, it does have the same Fstop, and should be very comparable for quality.

Yes, believe me, I know all about the ratings and reviews. After owning the SD600, I have determined that it can only be because people have no idea what they are talking about, have only experienced mediocre quality, or (in the case of sites like camcorderinfo.com) are explicitly comparing it to other camcorders in its "class."

The SDX1, at least, is no better than a digicam...total waste of money.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-21-2011, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 33
The SD600 is actually the next step up to the SD/HS 60 series. I know I say this a lot but it's really true. It's a big waste of money paying over $250 for a camcorder that performs significantly worse than the SD600.

I find it funny that workinghard sounds like me now.

My Youtube page:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Flickr page:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 7 Old 01-23-2011, 08:45 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
I don't know if the AV multi is I-O or output only. Even if input also, it would be line input, not mic input.

If you want external mic input, get a camcorder that has it, rather than going thru all sorts of electronic gymnastics to get there.
Reply Camcorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page