The Official Panasonic HDC-TM900 Owners Thread - Page 47 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 

post #1381 of 1388 Old 11-29-2015, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 432 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungermann View Post
Nope, the TM700 has three sensors. It even says so on the body: 3MOS.
Well, so much for memory!

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1382 of 1388 Old Yesterday, 08:41 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 13
MOV to M2TS?

Anyone have any ideas on how to convert MOV files created by iPhones to M2TS files that will be recognized by the HDWriter AE3.0?
post #1383 of 1388 Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokeprasad View Post
Anyone have any ideas on how to convert MOV files created by iPhones to M2TS files that will be recognized by the HDWriter AE3.0?
You can't. Noting but a Panasonic camcorder will create the set of four files needed by HDWriter. I wrote a more complete answer on the Premier Elements forum where you posted the same question. Switch to a "real" editor like Premiere Elements, or one of the others, and you will be able to combine the footage of your cameras in the same project.
post #1384 of 1388 Old Yesterday, 08:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Does this HDWriter come with the camera? If it does then it should be able to also handle .MP4 files in addition to the .M2T AVCHD folders generated by the camera.
post #1385 of 1388 Old Yesterday, 08:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by P&Struefan View Post
Does this HDWriter come with the camera? If it does then it should be able to also handle .MP4 files in addition to the .M2T AVCHD folders generated by the camera.
How do you suggest that I convert iPhone's MOV files to .MP4 files that HDwAE can handle? Assuming that is indeed possible. As bsprague says, HDwAE looks for special index files that only the Panasonic camera creates...
post #1386 of 1388 Old Yesterday, 08:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 50
That's because most Panasonic cameras, including yours, can record to .MP4 format aside from AVCHD (.M2T or .mts), sometimes at the lower resolutions only, so I guess the software that comes with the cameras should be able handle it too but I'm not 100% sure.
post #1387 of 1388 Old Yesterday, 09:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&Struefan View Post
The TM900 (subject of this topic) came with HDWriter. It is very different software. To make it work, the TM900 makes four files for every shot. One is primary and three more secretly make functions work. The three extra files do things like allow HDWriter put edited files back on the camera so you can take it to a TV and use it like a media player! It came with a cord loaded with RCA jacks! HDWriter can also cut, trim and join losslessly. There is no transcoding or rendering. When the tM900 came out, it was actually hard to make home videos play on a personal TV.

There is no way to make iPhone videos with the three accessory files. HDWriter will not edit anything not made in the camera it came with.

FWIW, when mine was new, I stuck with HDWriter for a couple of years and learned it well. I abandoned it and went on to something more capable with a wider variety of cameras.
post #1388 of 1388 Old Today, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsprague View Post
HDWriter can also cut, trim and join losslessly. There is no transcoding or rendering. When the tM900 came out, it was actually hard to make home videos play on a personal TV.
Shameless plug: Corel VideoStudio X7 smart render test @ 1080p60 recorded with the HDC-SD600 - straight cuts, no re-rendering.

Corel VideoStudio Pro Ultimate X8 (Boxed) at B&H for $20 only until November 30 - good deal, IMHO. This is not the latest version, but it does support UHD 4K in XAVC S. Also, it comes with screen capture tool, buying one separately may cost you as much as the whole VideoStudio package. I was looking for a screen capture tool lately, and I could not find a free tool which would be good enough in terms of resolution, codec, frame rate and duration.

Last edited by Ungermann; Today at 08:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Camcorders